Thread: Let Sleeping Dogs Lie?

Default Let Sleeping Dogs Lie?

A46BCA50-A24A-467F-917D-5EEA12A79373.jpg
    This all started with a pathetic, shivering, chattering toothed young dog staring at me. Her little front teeth chatter when she gets cold, or really excited.

It’s pretty adorable.

Anyway, now she’s here. At my feet. Don’t tell anyone I let the dog on the bed. Or that I’m still sitting here, drinking coffee, listening to birds...

Peace,
    Robert

Default Re: Let Sleeping Dogs Lie?

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! very cute!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! very cute!
    Let me tell you, too, a 100+ pound dog will warm your feet up with their stank breath.

This is the nicest animal I’ve ever known. And also the most serious.

Do NOT touch the youngest child. We can’t even tickle him she don’t get really, really not happy.

Oh, and don’t be a squirrel, either. Not in HER yard.

Peace,
    I Like Dags

I guess it depends upon what she's lying about. Is it something critical? National Security implications???
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

About the bed, C'dog is now almost 14, Dec.15th. I've decided that if she can jump high enough to get on MY bed, all the power to her and welcome. Granted, has a tendency to stretch over the entire bed which is frustrating but, manageable usually.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    I guess it depends upon what she's lying about. Is it something critical? National Security implications???
    Oh, right. Like Iím going to use the verb lay in this room.

She lies about everything. For example, when asked if she got up on the table and ate m6 resistol hat, she said, ďNoĒ. That was a lie. Catís mouth ainít that big.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    About the bed, C'dog is now almost 14, Dec.15th. I've decided that if she can jump high enough to get on MY bed, all the power to her and welcome. Granted, has a tendency to stretch over the entire bed which is frustrating but, manageable usually.
    My last dog was never allowed on any furniture. She got on it, of course, but Lab/border collie mix dogs tend to be very intelligent. Sneaky, even.

Of course, she was a female dog, so abandoned me for my wife, when my wife moved in. I think my wife let the dog on the furniture, especially when I was gone.

Well. I’m convinced this is my same dog. And, one thing I feel bad about is not letting her on the furniture last go round. So, this time I let her sneak up now and again.

It’s the eyes, by the by, and the way she acts towards me. I’m not the only one who sees it, nor the first to mention it. It would be cool if our soul energy was recycled, eh?

Peace,
    Robert

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

My old dog, a Golden bought in the UK was exceptionally smart. Supposedly, he wasn't allowed on the couch either. The problem with him is he recognized my footsteps on the stairway and I recognized the thump, thump of his feet hitting the floor. Always found the couch warm to the touch. Finally laced the couch with mouse traps, he'd jump on the couch and was confronted with snapping mouse traps. Never had to repeat it again.

C'dog, not a retriever but, a smart PWD. Taught here to climb ladders at 12 weeks, took maybe 5 minutes.

We used to "not allow" the dog on the couch, and when we would return home from maybe dinner out the dog was always right on her blanket on the floor, wagging her tail and behaving perfectly. But... I noticed the couch was always nice and warm when we got home!
    Today; I don't care, the dog can lay on the couch whenever she wants. The couch is not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    We used to "not allow" the dog on the couch, and when we would return home from maybe dinner out the dog was always right on her blanket on the floor, wagging her tail and behaving perfectly. But... I noticed the couch was always nice and warm when we got home!
    Today; I don't care, the dog can lay on the couch whenever she wants. The couch is not important.
    You may be pleased to hear the cat was here, too. He was just out of the shot, on my lap. This cat is something else. The big grey one.
    Dude, you would just love this one. He is, by far, the smartest cat Iíve ever know. And, I took your advice. Heís trainable.
    He comes when I call him, and heíll sit on command. Usually. Heís learning. Itís wild.

He is the pupís best buddy in the whole world. She loves him so much, and he is terrified of how big she is now. Hehe. I have great video of him boxing her when she was little. Now heís barely the size of her head, and heís a BIG cat. Hehe.

Peace,
    Robert

Cats are smart...
    Notice how they (usually) just watch when something is "going down" and make the decision to move rather than just bolting.

Cats are smart...
    Notice how they (usually) just watch when something is "going down" and make the decision to move rather than just bolting.
    They are very watchful. I often wonder if it is the movements that mesmerize them, you know, create pleasing stimulation or what have you, or if they are really observing keenly and learning.
    Hard to tell.

I wonder about, and at, cats. A lot.

Peace,
    Robert

I always reasoned that cats looked at things in the same way we do after a healthy dose of LSD. Note the way the eyes dialate when it gets "interesting".

I bother her and she bothers me

HipstamaticPhoto-529277954.570977.jpgIMG_0467 2.jpg

How come when you upload from your phone sometimes the photos flips
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

I always reasoned that cats looked at things in the same way we do after a healthy dose of LSD. Note the way the eyes dialate when it gets "interesting".
    Dude, if I remember correctly, that is exactly how they see the world. I had a friend when I was at CSUFresno who studied brains. Maze rats, monkey brains, stuff like that. I seem to remember some measure of Bain activity or what have you showing that a catís measurements we similar to those of a person on LSD.

This needs to be looked into... Hehe. But really. Another rabbit hole.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    I bother her and she bothers me

HipstamaticPhoto-529277954.570977.jpgIMG_0467 2.jpg

How come when you upload from your phone sometimes the photos flips
    Joe, you have the cutest dog who ever lived! She needs a “B” in front of her name, she’s so beautiful.

As for the pics, as far as I understand it, somesuch in the coding of the photos, like the original address or whatever made when it is taken, causes the forum photo software to orient it that way.
    The other forum I participate in is the same way. All landscapes post fine, but all portraits flip, no matter what you do AFTER the image is made.

There may be a fix, but I’m not that smart. I do know lanspdscapes ALWAYS post the right way.

I like the sideways one. She looks sooooooo happy.

I wish I were a dog.

Peace,
    Robert

"Let sleeping dogs lie?" What slander!

Sleeping dogs tell the truth more than most any other creature.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

When our dog sighs in her sleep, sometimes her disgusting jowl flaps rustle in the breeze, and it sounds just like a horse.
    Really, she is beautiful, but her face is disgusting and flappy and so gross.
    We love it.

Peace,
    Robert

Surprisingly, this dog’s actual mouth is not very big, but there are about 356 pounds of flappy jowl meat around her mouth. We surmise this tough muzzle meat was desirable when they fought against foot and mounted soldiers who would be slashing with swords and daggers.

This is a solid dog. She ran into the Robote at full speed while playing, putting her shoulder squarely into the transom of the boat, and she didn’t even slow down. The boat shifted about six inches, and the dog never slowed. She will take down a full grown person with ease by using her front paws on the chest, or by cutting out the legs. She is an insanely fast and agile runner, capable of 180* direction changes in full stride. It’s amazing, and a bit terrifying to imagine one, a large male, all armoured up and trained to battle.
    Yikes!