Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Varadero.

Default Re: Hey Varadero.

You have gone there and back in a big way with a journey of the unexpected. Thank you for sharing. Heal up and voyage on. You have much to teach us about life, love, risk and reward.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

I have to admire the way you are dealing with all the negative things that have occurred.The children can't help but learn a lot about dealing with adversity in this situation and they are getting a wonderful education in these matters.I hope things take a huge turn for the better soon and your adventure continues.May we continue to share the ride for a long while too.

Quote Originally Posted by wizbang 13 View Post
    I remember your daughter Bobby. I was going to bring some nice art pencils over for her the next day. You had gotten underway.
    I 'm thinking about you all.
    bruce
    Hi Bruce, we talked of you just the other day Greetings. Her art is maturing, your encouragement touched a spot. May we cross tacks again down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Hwyl View Post
    Where are you going to get your healthcare, are you staying in Brisbane? Don't whtever you do, come to the US.
    One of the unspoken benefits of social health care is the reciprocal benefits agreements with other countries.
    Due to being fully paid up in my home country, health cover is extended to many others, all French territories, NZ, Australia, and others. The chemo course I am about to embark on costs over 90,000$ just for the drugs. MRI scan, PET scan, oncologists, urologist, biopsy operation, hospital time over 3 months, painkillers, androgen blockers, etc. Well in excess of 120,000$ US. All no charge.

"One of the unspoken benefits of social health care is the reciprocal benefits agreements with other countries."

Excellent Bobby! Use the resource to get well and continue on your wonderful journey; you are inspiring. All the best! / Jim

Best wishes for your treatment Bobby.
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

You could be in plenty of worse places Bobby. The good people at Brisbane hospital ICU put my brother back together a few years ago, when he brained himself. And the WBF contingent in that part of the world are a good bunch too. Best of luck.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    You could be in plenty of worse places Bobby. The good people at Brisbane hospital ICU put my brother back together a few years ago, when he brained himself. And the WBF contingent in that part of the world are a good bunch too. Best of luck.

Pete
    Mate, the care here is fantastic. I was going to go home, but have no family there. I think I would be hard pressed to find better anywhere, and the nurses are brilliant. Already arranged to meet Mr. Sibley between courses.

There are several of us here who are stage IV survivors. We're looking forward to welcoming you to the club.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    There are several of us here who are stage IV survivors. We're looking forward to welcoming you to the club.
    I cherish every one. Peace and love to you all, especially you, just now, Bobby. If I may.

My heroes. Enjoy The Present, Friends.

Peace,
    Robert

I shall be starting chemo in the morning, going in positive, with some trepidation. Is this initiation into the club. Is there a Tyler on the door?

Hey man, good luck.

My mom is a survivor for 12 years now and her original diagnosis is similar to what you've described here.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Thank for that Kevin.

Good luck.

Prayers being sent to Australia from Alabama. God's blessings be with you.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Quote Originally Posted by varadero View Post
    I shall be starting chemo in the morning, going in positive, with some trepidation. Is this initiation into the club. Is there a Tyler on the door?
    Hope it went well. (I refrained from posting picture of Liv Tyler)

Almost 24 hours, no side effects yet. Picked up wife from airport, starting discussions and talking. Kids loving having mum and dad together. Coming from a base of kindness and openness. I need to keep the family as consistant as possible for the kids. And protect myself.

Almost 24 hours, no side effects yet. Picked up wife from airport, starting discussions and talking. Kids loving having mum and dad together. Coming from a base of kindness and openness. I need to keep the family as consistant as possible for the kids. And protect myself.
    I wish you both the very best. I know personally that kind of pain,
    and it can be overwhelming, but also can be overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Hope all goes well.

Check in please Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Hwyl View Post
    Check in please Bobby
    Yes. How’s it going?

I have decided to play this game by my rules. They are don't wait for side effects, eat 5 times a day, high protein, carbs, alkalising greens, low simple sugars, enjoy good ale, no lagers, walk 5 km every day even though it hurts. So far, I feel great, better than before. Bring on the chemo. Nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose, and no threat of dealing with old age. Haha,I will probably be on my knees come Christmas. Thanks for being there, I really appreciate it.
    Bobby

Rock on, man!

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Wow, just wow !!!!! Wishing you all the best. You are an amazing person, Bobby.

I'll email Scot. This should have a sticky.
    Last edited by Spin_Drift; 10-25-2017 at 02:07 AM.
    Choose wisely -Treat kindly...

A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth...

S/V ORCA 38' Herreshoff Ketch

Any idea of your schedule Bobby ? How long doe this course go for ?
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

I am now in Brisbane, Australia. Had to come here to sort out insurance and my health. Have been diagnosed with bone metastasized prostate cancer. Start chemotherapy on 17 October, then radiotherapy on my pelvis area. Very thorough tests and scans show no problems in any organs or lymphatic system. I am now back up to 60 kg from a low of 48 a few months back. I do not see any reason to not beat the survivability estimate of 35 -50 months. Insurance has paid up in full, my wife has run off with another bloke. Life is good, and can only go uphill from here.
    HOLY CRAP !!!!!
    I just spent the morning reading the whole harrowing ordeal posted and the Daily Mail link, Then I get 7 posts in and read **** Sh!te. Gobsmacked buddy you are a better man than me. You are resilient as fook. I'm almost afraid to read more of this thread.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

OK just because I'm a man and I got to ask. WTF you sail halfway around the world together you all get through a near death experience LIKE TWO MONTHS AGO !!!!! You get diagnosed with cancer and she hooks up with some other dude !!!! I don't know about you buddy but that's some cold ass ****e rite there. I've been through the relationship grinder but nothing like that. I'm sure there is two sides to the story but I would have a hard time swallowing that one. Like I said you are a supremely better man than me. You got gronicals my friend and you have my full support and if anyone can kick this and come out smelling like a rose my money is on you. Best of luck
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

I have decided to play this game by my rules. They are don't wait for side effects, eat 5 times a day, high protein, carbs, alkalising greens, low simple sugars, enjoy good ale, no lagers, walk 5 km every day even though it hurts. So far, I feel great, better than before. Bring on the chemo. Nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose, and no threat of dealing with old age. Haha,I will probably be on my knees come Christmas. Thanks for being there, I really appreciate it.
    Bobby
    Goodonya.

Burlington, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

Wow! Best wishes from here. I hope things get much better for you real soon.
    Steve
    Stay calm, be brave....wait for the signs. Possibly precariously prevaricating.

My chemo was pretty easy. I was always ravenous after a treatment which was fine at first but about a quarter of the way through, the daily radiation treatments to my neck had my mouth and throat so badly blistered that even getting water down was impossible. My cat thought the feeding tube in my belly was the greatest toy ever devised. I lost some hair, both head and body, but it grew back thicker than before. Attitude is everything and you've got that licked.

Here's something to consider. When you're getting the juice, just close your eyes, relax and imagine the chemicals attacking a cancer cell. Visualize this as vividly as you can -

A cancer cell is approached by a dim orange glow that gradually flows over it and surrounds it. The glow gradually brightens, undulates slightly, the cell wall collapses and the cell dies. The glow dims and moves on to other cells, repeating the process over and over and over millions of times until all the cells are destroyed.

Do this whenever you have a chance.

Mind over matter. It works.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Good luck Bobby. It sounds like you have a plan, and more determination than most of us will have in a lifetime.

Safe and successful journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin_Drift View Post
    Wow, just wow !!!!! Wishing you all the best. You are an amazing person, Bobby.

I'll email Scot. This should have a sticky.
    Thanks Spin, I have always enjoyed you, and for some funny reason felt warmth and peace from your presence and words.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Any idea of your schedule Bobby ? How long doe this course go for ?
    Peter, I have 6 courses, three week intervals, the last being on January 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    OK just because I'm a man and I got to ask. WTF you sail halfway around the world together you all get through a near death experience LIKE TWO MONTHS AGO !!!!! You get diagnosed with cancer and she hooks up with some other dude !!!! I don't know about you buddy but that's some cold ass ****e rite there. I've been through the relationship grinder but nothing like that. I'm sure there is two sides to the story but I would have a hard time swallowing that one. Like I said you are a supremely better man than me. You got gronicals my friend and you have my full support and if anyone can kick this and come out smelling like a rose my money is on you. Best of luck
    You, me, and everybody mate. I wake up at 3 a.m. thinking about it. Her parents talk to me almost daily, I keep asking her friends to support her and not turn away. I just don't know. What I do know,is that I don't want to hate and get bitter. I don't like the "eff her" advice, its not me. I guess some women don't get the ill, sick, thing. And have to walk away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix View Post
    My chemo was pretty easy. I was always ravenous after a treatment which was fine at first but about a quarter of the way through, the daily radiation treatments to my neck had my mouth and throat so badly blistered that even getting water down was impossible. My cat thought the feeding tube in my belly was the greatest toy ever devised. I lost some hair, both head and body, but it grew back thicker than before. Attitude is everything and you've got that licked.

Here's something to consider. When you're getting the juice, just close your eyes, relax and imagine the chemicals attacking a cancer cell. Visualize this as vividly as you can -

A cancer cell is approached by a dim orange glow that gradually flows over it and surrounds it. The glow gradually brightens, undulates slightly, the cell wall collapses and the cell dies. The glow dims and moves on to other cells, repeating the process over and over and over millions of times until all the cells are destroyed.

Do this whenever you have a chance.

Mind over matter. It works.
    Thanks John, I think this is really gonna help. Just reading your post, I felt the progressive glow.....