Thread: Silicon Bronze Slotted Flat Head Wood Screws #18 x 1 1/2'' SOURCE??

Default Silicon Bronze Slotted Flat Head Wood Screws #18 x 1 1/2'' SOURCE??

Any idea where I can obtain #18 x 1 1/2 Bronze slotted wood screws. I'm looking to buy 25 screws. I've found a eBayer that's selling 50...too many and I do not have a use for the remainder...$78 is a lot for double of what I need.

Anybody have an awesome source?

Thank you,

WgMkr

Default Re: Silicon Bronze Slotted Flat Head Wood Screws #18 x 1 1/2'' SOURCE??

Standard Fastenings? Dunno what they have for minimum quantities. http://standardfastenings.com/

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Jamestown Distributors in Rhode Island. They will sell you one if that's all you want.

Tried Tacoma Screw? That's where I've been getting the bulk of my Silicon Bronze Screws.

Hamilton Marine.

Or Goulet Specialties:

I will certainly vouch for Goulet Specialties for service and quality. I've bought from them for a number of years. I had a project where I used more than 1000 #8 X1" flat head bronze screws, a good number I purchased from "someone else" and had about a 1% failure rate where they snapped off while driving them into new white oak deck beams (and was being careful for all of them). The ones purchased from Goulet Specialties had zero breakage.

I've tried Tacoma Screw & Jamestown...not available in the needed size.

Thank you I'll try the other suggestions.

WgMkr

Good information, thank you.
    I'll be buying many #12x2-1/2" soon.

#12 x 2 1/2, .............. Hmmm, ...... Three years ago Mystic Seaport was selling off excess at the Wooden Boat Show for $5.00/lb. I picked up about 4 pounds worth and have since used most of them. I should have bought more.

I like Top Notch Fasteners. There's a link to them in Scott2640's list: third one down.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by nedL View Post
    #12 x 2 1/2, .............. Hmmm, ...... Three years ago Mystic Seaport was selling off excess at the Wooden Boat Show for $5.00/lb. I picked up about 4 pounds worth and have since used most of them. I should have bought more.
    Oh sure, rub it in!

Quote Originally Posted by Wagemaker View Post
    Any idea where I can obtain #18 x 1 1/2 Bronze slotted wood screws. I'm looking to buy 25 screws. I've found a eBayer that's selling 50...too many and I do not have a use for the remainder...$78 is a lot for double of what I need.

Anybody have an awesome source?

Thank you,

WgMkr

That's a heck of a thick screw. What's it for?

Have you tried Stoneway Hardware (2 stores,Ballard and Wallingford)? They originally bought out Doc Freeman’s old fastener stock, including a lot of bronze, and still bill themselves as “The Fastener Store”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hadfield View Post
    That's a heck of a thick screw. What's it for?
    I bought a couple of WC 8" portholes for a project...and the oversized bezel rings (homemade job) was drilled for #18 fasteners. The bezels each had 12x holes...way overkill to say the least...but pretty cool. This project is all cosmetic, but I do not want to put the wrong size screws or anything other than bronze.

My project would have been easier if drilled for smaller screws.

Thank you for your help

Admiral Supply, Port Townsend
    Jay
    Last edited by Jay Greer; 10-14-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Greer View Post
    Admiral Supply, Port Townsend
    Jay
    I called them up...and I should have them in the mail by Tuesday!

Thank you for the lead,

WgMkr

Quote Originally Posted by Pitsligo View Post
    I like Top Notch Fasteners. There's a link to them in Scott2640's list: third one down.
    Alex
    Have to agree. They landed them to me on the other side of the world in good time at a good price. Embarrassingly Oz doesn't have a bronze industry. They have square drive screws as well.