Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    5,532

    Default Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    __________________________________________________ ________________________

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Pleasant Valley NS Canada
    Posts
    10,740

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling your being watched ?

    Planosaurus Rex patiently waiting for its prey to emerge from its burrow...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    springfield, missouri, usa
    Posts
    579

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling your being watched ?

    Nope. It's not my being watched.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Douglasville, Ga
    Posts
    4,057

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Looks to me like you are Boeing watched.
    Tom

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, Hardin Valley, TN
    Posts
    9,201

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    "Ex-ter-mi-nate! Ex-ter-mi-nate!!"
    Hands too small: Can't build his Wall!

    Frayed Knot Arts: Fancywork and Rope Jewelry
    http://www.frayedknotarts.com.html[

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Port of Lorain,Ohio
    Posts
    14,432

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    apparently it scared all the people away.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    First time I ever saw one up close was at SeaTac in the mid 70s. It was approaching the jetway and kept coming, and coming, getting bigger and bigger! It looked like it was gonna come through the window. A woman actually screamed!

    Sad to see the bigbirds going away.
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waikato. NewZealand
    Posts
    2,235

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    First time I ever saw one up close was at SeaTac in the mid 70s. It was approaching the jetway and kept coming, and coming, getting bigger and bigger! It looked like it was gonna come through the window. A woman actually screamed!

    Sad to see the bigbirds going away.
    Actually....they arn't going away.
    We took the tour through the Boeing Factory in August.
    They were building three 747/800 airliners....with more on order.
    These apparently will be using the engines developed for the 787 Dreamliners and new refined wings.
    That is what the tour guide told us and we saw so it must be right.
    NO PHOTOS allowed in the factory.
    I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong, I wasn't wrong.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Quogue,NY
    Posts
    13,461

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    That's plane chilling!

    Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    9,237

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    LOL!!!!!
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

    ~seanz

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    10,027

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    I didn’t before you mentioned it. Now I feel the eyes everywhere I turn!

    Peace,
    Robert

    The pic in the op reminds me of the greatest movie of all time. Airplane!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    central, FL
    Posts
    13,642

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    I didn’t before you mentioned it. Now I feel the eyes everywhere I turn!

    Peace,
    Robert

    The pic in the op reminds me of the greatest movie of all time. Airplane!
    shhhhhhh


    they are listening too........
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    5,532

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    I didn’t before you mentioned it. Now I feel the eyes everywhere I turn!

    Peace,
    Robert

    The pic in the op reminds me of the greatest movie of all time. Airplane!
    Shirley, you can't be serious
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    8,372

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie 2 View Post
    Actually....they arn't going away.
    We took the tour through the Boeing Factory in August.
    They were building three 747/800 airliners....with more on order.
    These apparently will be using the engines developed for the 787 Dreamliners and new refined wings.
    That is what the tour guide told us and we saw so it must be right.
    NO PHOTOS allowed in the factory.
    Most likely freighters. My company still is flying a few, thought they are gone by end of year.
    I think United is parking theirs as well, then no US passenger airline will be using them.
    The ME3 aren't buying any. Maybe fedex or UPS.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waikato. NewZealand
    Posts
    2,235

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Most likely freighters. My company still is flying a few, thought they are gone by end of year.
    I think United is parking theirs as well, then no US passenger airline will be using them.
    The ME3 aren't buying any. Maybe fedex or UPS.
    I won't say you are wrong but I am sure that the guide said they were planned to carry passengers.
    And all three had windows along the whole length of both decks.
    Are these needed for freight planes?
    She said the 800 designation was due to all the engines, avionics etc being a 747 upgrade from the 787 Dreamliners programme.
    If I am wrong I will be sad to see them go too.
    The first airliner I flew in was an Air NZ 747.
    I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong, I wasn't wrong.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in Oz
    Posts
    52,740

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Wiki:

    On July 27, 2016, in its quarterly report to the Securities and Exchange Commission, Boeing discussed the potential termination of 747 production due to insufficient demand and market for the aircraft.[106]With a firm order backlog of 21 aircraft and a production rate of six per year, program accounting has been reduced to 1,555 aircraft, and the 747 line could be closed in the third quarter of 2019.[107] In October 2016, UPS Airlines ordered 14 -8Fs to add capacity, along with 14 options, which doubles its official backlog of 15 – including some to refractory airlines – and could extend production by two more years
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

    I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    10,027

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jack grebe View Post
    shhhhhhh


    they are listening too........
    You're going to have to speak up, and into my lapel, please...

    Peace,
    Robert

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    10,027

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by CK 17 View Post
    Shirley, you can't be serious
    I am serious.

    And, don’t call me Shirley.

    Peace,
    Had Lasagna

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    S.W. Florida
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."

    .
    .

    “What use is a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on?”


    ~~~ Henry David Thoreau

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    10,027

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpiefan View Post
    "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."
    Hehe. You ever been in a Turkish prison?

    Peace,
    Robert

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    S.W. Florida
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    "It's a different kind of flying, altogether."
    (in chorus)"It's a different kind of flying."

    .
    .

    “What use is a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on?”


    ~~~ Henry David Thoreau

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    10,027

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpiefan View Post
    "It's a different kind of flying, altogether."
    (in chorus)"It's a different kind of flying."
    Guess what I’m watching this evening?

    Peace,
    Robert

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Pleasant Valley NS Canada
    Posts
    10,740

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Reality is sometimes funnier than fiction: Not only was Leslie Nielsen a Canadian, his brother Erik was Deputy Prime Minister of Canada, and Minister of National Defense. We're a funny place.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    10,027

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Reality is sometimes funnier than fiction: Not only was Leslie Nielsen a Canadian, his brother Erik was Deputy Prime Minister of Canada, and Minister of National Defense. We're a funny place.
    The only other person that bothered my friend’s dad in that film more than Leslie Nileson was Lloyd Bridges. He saw them both as serious actors.

    We ONLY knew Leslie Nielsen as a goof, and the scuba show was before our time.

    Peace,
    Robert

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    S.W. Florida
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    The only other person that bothered my friend’s dad in that film more than Leslie Nileson was Lloyd Bridges. He saw them both as serious actors.

    We ONLY knew Leslie Nielsen as a goof, and the scuba show was before our time.

    Peace,
    Robert
    Leslie Nielsen's always been Commander Adams, Captain of United Planets Cruiser C-57-D (LINK) to me.

    .
    .

    “What use is a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on?”


    ~~~ Henry David Thoreau

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    25,008

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Bridges, according to his sons, was a serious, even Shakespearean actor before Sea Hunt and then Airplane.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

    RESIST. FIGHT THE POWER.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    10,027

    Default Re: Ever get that feeling you're being watched ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    Bridges, according to his sons, was a serious, even Shakespearean actor before Sea Hunt and then Airplane.
    ALL of the Bridges can handle their business. One case of nepotism working.

    Peace,
    Robert

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •