Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Proa Why Not? salty sailing.... finally!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Tryavna Bulgaria
    Posts
    81

    Default Proa Why Not? salty sailing.... finally!

    A pleasant 3 days went by on the Black sea.......
    Sailing conditions were between f2 and f4.
    Day 1 had a lumpy swell rolling in from the north east, on a beat I found him to be swift and gentle even though his hulls are flat bottomed. He is easy to control and fun to sail.
    In the clip below, I share the conclusions of our first sea trial.
    WHY NOT?

    https://youtu.be/9PhadxRt80g

    All d best
    BSY.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, FL
    Posts
    3,483

    Default Re: Proa Why Not? salty sailing.... finally!

    Good on you for completing your proa. Looks like he sails pretty good. Congratulations!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterbury, Connecticut
    Posts
    1,947

    Default Re: Proa Why Not? salty sailing.... finally!

    Quote Originally Posted by rael dobkins View Post
    A pleasant 3 days went by on the Black sea.......
    Sailing conditions were between f2 and f4.
    Day 1 had a lumpy swell rolling in from the north east, on a beat I found him to be swift and gentle even though his hulls are flat bottomed. He is easy to control and fun to sail.
    In the clip below, I share the conclusions of our first sea trial.
    WHY NOT? ...
    --- Glad it you enjoyed the cruise! My first (and only) shunting proa also had zero rocker, which I did more out of ignorance than design, but I noticed how well the boat tracked, and because it was small at 14 feet, weight and sail-trim steering were all I needed to steer, except for down-wind. Looking forward to your videos. -- Wade

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Tryavna Bulgaria
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Proa Why Not? salty sailing.... finally!

    Quote Originally Posted by kenjamin View Post
    Good on you for completing your proa. Looks like he sails pretty good. Congratulations!
    Thanks and yes I'm happy he's small enough to fit into my pocket....
    His biggest advantage is he's car toppable!
    Micro cruising on a shoestring.......
    All d best.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Tryavna Bulgaria
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Proa Why Not? salty sailing.... finally!

    Quote Originally Posted by wtarzia View Post
    --- Glad it you enjoyed the cruise! My first (and only) shunting proa also had zero rocker, which I did more out of ignorance than design, but I noticed how well the boat tracked, and because it was small at 14 feet, weight and sail-trim steering were all I needed to steer, except for down-wind. Looking forward to your videos. -- Wade
    Thanks Wade, Tacking proas sail through my mind very very often....
    Anyway for now I will try to keep shunting.
    all d best
    Rael.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    11,257

    Default Re: Proa Why Not? salty sailing.... finally!

    Remarkable. You seem like some fun to be around. Keep it up!

    Peace,
    Robert

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Tryavna Bulgaria
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Proa Why Not? salty sailing.... finally!

    Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Remarkable. You seem like some fun to be around. Keep it up!

    Peace,
    Robert
    Happy u like him....
    Otherwise, I got my ups and downs..... and yea, I can say, the higher u fly, the harder u fall.....
    Sometimes I wish I was a couch potato....

    Peace bro.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •