Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

We're working on it.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Actually, Trump just punted to the Dems, with hostage demands.
    Maybe, made 'em an offer.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Like Barnum, Trump can rely on his base, again, and again, and again...
    Don't feel bad, i'm sure he relies on you, too.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Don't feel bad, i'm sure he relies on you, too.
    I don't think he cares to. Applies to everyone who didn't kiss his butt and vote for him. Most who didn't showed a bit of intelligence by not voting for that idiot. You, on the other hand did I'm sure mdh.

Quote Originally Posted by TXdoug View Post
    The spending has compounded exponentially, all to catch a few cabbage pickers and drywall hangers.

If we really want to make progress just let the BP pick the cabbage, we are already paying them to be ticks on the nut of society.
    Love it!

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Do you hate the wall more than you love dreamers?
    Trump does! Anyone who makes dreamers pawns to get his friggin' wall built is scum of the greatest magnitude. Surprised he didn't use the ACA instead of the dreamers issue actually.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    I don't think he cares to. Applies to everyone who didn't kiss his butt and vote for him. Most who didn't showed a bit of intelligence by not voting for that idiot. You, on the other hand did I'm sure mdh.
    Be careful, Jamie.

It turns out that people who voted for Trump don't like to have attention drawn to that fact, nor do they enjoy speculation about the level of intelligence or patriotism required to behave that way.

Quote Originally Posted by TXdoug View Post
    I think Trumpy should run at the Mexicans again to fund this wall. It would be the best land deal since we bought Alaska.

In Texas alone they would gain the other half of the Rio Grand and thousands of square miles along the north bank. Most of it stolen from private citizens through imminent domain. The rest stolen from the citizens at large with the loss of park lands.

That Big Bend thing is going to be real cool if you can drive all the way to the wall. No more rafting the Santa Elena Canyon, How about that canoe race?? Just hand over Lake Amistad and Falcon? All them folks making a living down there need to move north and learn how to frac up the country.

I realize that Texans aint too popular around here but are you willing to give that much away?
    That the wall would mean ceding lots of land to Mexico doesn't get much thought, although it is likely the main thing that a wall would accomplish. There already are lots of Americans that find themselves on the wrong side of the fence.

Texas could be seceded back to Mexico, that would solve the river problem among others. Texas is too expensive anyway, The feds are giving 90 billion to medicare and now on top of that we have the hurricane damage another 190 billion.

Give him permission to build the wall, once he has secured Mexican funding. That was what he campaigned on after all.

Would the OP please list the qualities of Donald Trump that he admires and that make him fit to represent this country? I like to know how he sees him.
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

The OP is awfully quiet...

I take it to mean he can't list even one good quality. I believe the absence of any supporting evidence for Trump's good qualities - being unable to point to a single positive attribute - leaves us with a basic hate of progressive liberalism plain and simple.
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

Mr. Noyes, Mr. MDH, may I point out to you the simple fact that if you are white, black, or chicano decent you are related to an illegal immigrant. I'm First Nation, and as Paladin said so well "fighting illegal immigration since 1492". Your country and mine has been built on immigration, this is our strength. Diversity does work, especially when one realises just how much a "different" culture can add to a community. The majority of immigrants are the "cream of the crop" and the decision to leave their homeland is NEVER taken litely. It takes a lot of courage to uproot oneself and family to join another culture just as foreign to them as they appear to you. My lesson in that regard happened in my own country when I joined a Quebec based trucking concern as a long haul driver. I remember, very well, sitting in the drivers room in St. Germaine, hearing the conversations and laughter all about me and understanding NOTHING. After a period of time, {with the help of my girlfriend at the time) and my highschool french, I actually made some very good friends and allies. Bottom line, isolation is not the answer, neither is fear, embrace our differences, you may be pleasantly suprised.

Dumah
    Duct tape can't fix stupid but it will muffle the sound

Well said! and I love your Duct tape quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dumah View Post
    Mr. Noyes, Mr. MDH, may I point out to you the simple fact that if you are white, black, or chicano decent you are related to an illegal immigrant. I'm First Nation, and as Paladin said so well "fighting illegal immigration since 1492". Your country and mine has been built on immigration, this is our strength. Diversity does work, especially when one realises just how much a "different" culture can add to a community. The majority of immigrants are the "cream of the crop" and the decision to leave their homeland is NEVER taken litely. It takes a lot of courage to uproot oneself and family to join another culture just as foreign to them as they appear to you. My lesson in that regard happened in my own country when I joined a Quebec based trucking concern as a long haul driver. I remember, very well, sitting in the drivers room in St. Germaine, hearing the conversations and laughter all about me and understanding NOTHING. After a period of time, {with the help of my girlfriend at the time) and my highschool french, I actually made some very good friends and allies. Bottom line, isolation is not the answer, neither is fear, embrace our differences, you may be pleasantly suprised.

Dumah

this has nothing to do with other cultures, embracing diversity, or fear and isolation...

It is about a Low Cost, Exploitable, Controllable, wage slave work force.

it is about a buddy of mine who has been struggling to keep his painting business afloat for the past 5-8 years... this summer he has been booked solid and the phone is ringing off the hook, he has nearly doubled his prices in the past 4 months and has hired on 3 new guys, all American Citizens...
    Why?
    because the illegal painting crews just are not out there this summer, he's just not seeing them, and not being under bid by them.

of course all the richy rich liberals on the coast here with their 600, 800, 1,000,000$+ homes are whining and complaining about having to pay him and his crew a living wage!

...and the filthy rich republicans with their lavish homes are not complaining about him doubling his prices?
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

I wonder if your "buddy" really knows what he's doing if "illegals" have kept his business from growing. I'll bet you a case of Schlafly's finest that he keeps his receipts in a shoe box until April comes around, doesn't have a marketing plan, and half his guys have face tattoos, but he's POSITIVE it's the "illegals" hold up his painting empire dreams.

Mike