Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 52

Thread: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Trumpy tipped his hand today, he seemingly plans to let Democrats decide whether they want to keep DACA and build his wall, or ditch the wall and ditch DACA...


    Looks like Trumpy's letting Democrats decide if they want to be a moderate party supporting DACA students and supporting border security...

    or an Extremist organization willing to destroy DACA in favor of continued unrestricted Illegal Immigration.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    central, FL
    Posts
    13,644

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by jack grebe View Post
    Troll
    ... NPR is Trolling now? I thought they were better than that..?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    31,562

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    When will the Mexicans pay, Danny?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  5. #5

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    The Dems will do neither, trumps going to need a few to pass a budget and funding for a budget due to the fact he Mitch and Paul can't even rally their own party. I thinking Trump must have slept through his government courses at military school. I'm thinking a 8 grader learns this stuff in Mass.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    "This is how we do it"

    (sing to the tune of the sweet beats and luscious rhymes of Montell Jordans 1995 rap anthem)
    Last edited by Daniel Noyes; 10-09-2017 at 06:34 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast, Ca
    Posts
    17,371

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    Trumpy tipped his hand today, ... continued unrestricted Illegal Immigration.
    Are you sure about that? Do you have Irish illegals swimming over to Massachusetts?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    8,396

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Either way, your boy "Trumpy" is dead meat in the next election, Noise.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    "This is how we do it"

    (sing to the tune of the sweet beats and luscious rhymes of Montel Jordans 1995 rap anthem)
    What exactly has Trump done 9 months in you got Mitch's supreme Court Justice and a hole lot of nothing.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    Either way, your boy "Trumpy" is dead meat in the next election, Noise.
    not according to Norm. Norm is thinking Trumpys re-election is a sure thing... UH OHHHHH... Yup Trumpty's a goner!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    What exactly has Trump done 9 months in you got Mitch's supreme Court Justice and a hole lot of nothing.

    ... ohhh, Neil was everything... if Trumpy accomplishes nothing else, a 4 year holding pattern and Neil is a huge win!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    ... ohhh, Neil was everything... if Trumpy accomplishes nothing else, a 4 year holding pattern and Neil is a huge win!
    You have remarkably low expectations.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    You have remarkably low expectations.
    he was "the most UN-qualified candidate in US history"... so expectations started low... did you have higher hopes that he would get more of his agenda through?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,734

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    What exactly has Trump done 9 months in you got Mitch's supreme Court Justice and a hole lot of nothing.
    He's done an excellent job of making an ass of himself and his followers, and, I expect, has shown the democrats what they get for not bothering to vote. There's a lot to be said for setting a horrible example.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    he was "the most UN-qualified candidate in US history"... so expectations started low... did you have higher hopes that he would get more of his agenda through?
    Nope and he hasn't let me down.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    7,827

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Are you sure about that? Do you have Irish illegals swimming over to Massachusetts?
    Yup. Hundreds of not thousands.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/16/us/whi...rnd/index.html
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Etheridge View Post
    He's done an excellent job of making an ass of himself and his followers, and, I expect, has shown the democrats what they get for not bothering to vote. There's a lot to be said for setting a horrible example.
    oh, the loss had nothing to do with not voting... it was Democrats choice of candidate and extremist stance on some bizarre issues.

    Which brings us back to the OP...
    Looks like Trumpy is giving the Democrats a chance to moderate their stance on illegal immigration or double down on broken borders and kill the popular DACA program in the process.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    50,569

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    oh, the loss had nothing to do with not voting... it was Democrats choice of candidate and extremist stance on some bizarre issues.

    Which brings us back to the OP...
    Looks like Trumpy is giving the Democrats a chance to moderate their stance on illegal immigration or double down on broken borders and kill the popular DACA program in the process.
    Yup, Russian interference was a problem Daniel.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Nope the Democrats don't need to do anything, Trump can't pass a budget without them. Actually he can't seem to pass anything.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    I think Trumpy should run at the Mexicans again to fund this wall. It would be the best land deal since we bought Alaska.

    In Texas alone they would gain the other half of the Rio Grand and thousands of square miles along the north bank. Most of it stolen from private citizens through imminent domain. The rest stolen from the citizens at large with the loss of park lands.

    That Big Bend thing is going to be real cool if you can drive all the way to the wall. No more rafting the Santa Elena Canyon, How about that canoe race?? Just hand over Lake Amistad and Falcon? All them folks making a living down there need to move north and learn how to frac up the country.

    I realize that Texans aint too popular around here but are you willing to give that much away?

  21. #21

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by TXdoug View Post
    I think Trumpy should run at the Mexicans again to fund this wall. It would be the best land deal since we bought Alaska.

    In Texas alone they would gain the other half of the Rio Grand and thousands of square miles along the north bank. Most of it stolen from private citizens through imminent domain. The rest stolen from the citizens at large with the loss of park lands.

    That Big Bend thing is going to be real cool if you can drive all the way to the wall. No more rafting the Santa Elena Canyon, How about that canoe race?? Just hand over Lake Amistad and Falcon? All them folks making a living down there need to move north and learn how to frac up the country.

    I realize that Texans aint too popular around here but are you willing to give that much away?
    I'm not the wall is stupid, all we need to do is punish those persons who hire illegals, first offense 10k each next time second offense 2 years no money for them no problem goes away. No wall needed it's not rocket science.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by TXdoug View Post
    I think Trumpy should run at the Mexicans again to fund this wall. It would be the best land deal since we bought Alaska.

    In Texas alone they would gain the other half of the Rio Grand and thousands of square miles along the north bank. Most of it stolen from private citizens through imminent domain. The rest stolen from the citizens at large with the loss of park lands.

    That Big Bend thing is going to be real cool if you can drive all the way to the wall. No more rafting the Santa Elena Canyon, How about that canoe race?? Just hand over Lake Amistad and Falcon? All them folks making a living down there need to move north and learn how to frac up the country.

    I realize that Texans aint too popular around here but are you willing to give that much away?
    Like I say in the OP, Trumpy seemingly plans to let Democrats decide whether they want to keep DACA and build his wall, or ditch the wall and ditch DACA...

    whether the wall is a good idea or not is another issue... I think it is not, It seems that the same could be accomplished by drone surveylance, ICE, and appropriate laws.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Do you hate the wall more than you love the dreamers?
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Do you hate the wall more than you love the dreamers?
    yup!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    Like I say in the OP, Trumpy seemingly plans to let Democrats decide whether they want to keep DACA and build his wall, or ditch the wall and ditch DACA...

    whether the wall is a good idea or not is another issue... I think it is not, It seems that the same could be accomplished by drone surveylance, ICE, and appropriate laws.
    Got it , we agree on the wall.

    Of course there are some congress critters that are going to feel the heat when the fake news starts showing college age kids getting dropped of in countries they know nothing about.

    So I have to ask, Is this the art of a deal?

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    I'm not the wall is stupid, all we need to do is punish those persons who hire illegals, first offense 10k each next time second offense 2 years no money for them no problem goes away. No wall needed it's not rocket science.
    that's probably the best idea yet, If memory serves GW tried that, cracked down on a company the contracted cleaning Walmart stores, owned by a relative of the Walton family... did not go over so well with major Billion dollar businesses like Walmart/ hospitality industry/ Mc Donalds/ Home building sector... etc, these Billion dollar industries like their labor cheap and exploitable, and I have heard little about such enforcement since...

    maybe Trumpys whole game is just smoke and mirrors... but at least he is raising the subject as an issue. Hillary gave the impression that she and Democrats in general want more illegal immigration, not less.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Do you hate the wall more than you love the dreamers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    yup!
    Quote Originally Posted by TXdoug View Post
    Got it , we agree on the wall.

    Of course there are some congress critters that are going to feel the heat when the fake news starts showing college age kids getting dropped of in countries they know nothing about.

    So I have to ask, Is this the art of a deal?

    ohhh sory if there's confusion, my "yup" was in agreement with mdh asesment of the choice... not to say I agree with the sentiment.

    If forced to choose between a wall and Daca recipients stay or no Wall and they go... it is a no brainer, let the model students/illegal immigrants who were brought her as children stay and build the wall... that seems like the best solution, not ideal but far preferable to kicking the kids out and not getting any sort of border security.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast, Ca
    Posts
    17,371

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    . Hillary gave the impression that she and Democrats in general want more illegal immigration, not less.
    No... that is a lie. Others created that impression, not Hillary.

    A clever (Russian) marketing program employed by the GOP was selectively targeted at a certain demographic and that made the impression you are attributing to her.
    The "Big Question" is why (and how?) that effective marketing campaign was directed at you. Could it be because of naive repetition of what is seen and heard, or something else?

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    No... that is a lie. Others created that impression, not Hillary.

    A clever (Russian) marketing program employed by the GOP was selectively targeted at a certain demographic and that made the impression you are attributing to her.
    The "Big Question" is why (and how?) that effective marketing campaign was directed at you. Could it be because of naive repetition of what is seen and heard, or something else?
    Pure fantasy. After three decades of undocumented democrats, it was obvious, to everybody.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    3,669

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Noyes View Post
    Trumpy tipped his hand today, he seemingly plans to let Democrats decide whether they want to keep DACA and build his wall, or ditch the wall and ditch DACA...


    Looks like Trumpy's letting Democrats decide if they want to be a moderate party supporting DACA students and supporting border security...

    or an Extremist organization willing to destroy DACA in favor of continued unrestricted Illegal Immigration.
    Totally beside the point, which is, in the words of General George S. Patton, "Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity." And this was someone that knew a bit about denial of access to land.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    Totally beside the point, which is, in the words of General George S. Patton, "Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity." And this was someone that knew a bit about denial of access to land.
    Some truth in that: just look at the one around the Whitehouse; the Israeli fence; the Egyptiam fence; and the Korean DMZ fence.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Border security?? Half the folks in West Texas Already work for HS. The entire border is saturated with border patrol vehicles. That aint how folks get in, for the most part they stay here on a tourist visa.

    I tried to google up some photos of the BP parking lot in Alpine but they are not shown. Hundreds of BP vehicles in one lot. The spending has compounded exponentially, all to catch a few cabbage pickers and drywall hangers.

    If we really want to make progress just let the BP pick the cabbage, we are already paying them to be ticks on the nut of society.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    41,775

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"


  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Do you hate the wall more than you love dreamers?
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

  35. #35

    Default Re: Trumpy's Wall... "This is how we do it"

    Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Do you hate the wall more than you love dreamers?
    What does one have to do with the other in anyone but trumps mind, if you Republicans want a wall fund it you have a majority in both houses easy peasy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •