Thread: Toto plans, designer credit

Default Toto plans, designer credit

I bought plans from Jim Michalak to build Toto. $19.00 via the Duckworks site.

This outfit is selling plans for $28.00, with no indication that Michalak is the designer.

Is this kosher?

http://www.clarkcraft.com/cgi-local/...6da35e546a1a4d
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

Default Re: Toto plans, designer credit

They don't seem to credit any designers. I suppose that's so people won't just go to the designer for the plans. The question is, are they paying Michalak?

Most every plan on the site, it seems, is from designers from Duckworks plans section or GlennL. I hope they are getting their share, even if their names are not on the website which I find to be very sh!tty of them.
    http://bensboatblog.blogspot.com/
    When peeing over the side,remember,one hand for you,and one hand for the ship.
    Proud Member Of The Elite LPBC.

I noticed Piccup was over there too! I am told that there was an agreement with the Percy Blandford stuff. I have bought 3 sets of Hartley boat plans from there, after the diabolical service from the Hartley boat plans in Oz, they(in oz) did tell me they were not official plans, would not get an official number, and they would not give any build advice to buyers of plans not sold by themselves. Never had ant issues with them, and i bought my first set of plans from them 30 years ago. Worth checking with Jim first, he might have an agreement with them, they might not always name the designer on the site, but it should be on the drawings, the Blandford and Hartley stuff was clearly designer marked.
    n

I checked with Jim--the Clark Craft stuff is legit; he's been selling plans with them for a long time.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    I checked with Jim--the Clark Craft stuff is legit; he's been selling plans with them for a long time.

Tom
    Thanks for clearing that one up.
    http://bensboatblog.blogspot.com/
    When peeing over the side,remember,one hand for you,and one hand for the ship.
    Proud Member Of The Elite LPBC.