Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 910

Thread: One insane englishman trying to rebuild the 1910 gaff cutter Tally Ho, in WA. (VIDEO)

Default Re: One insane englishman trying to rebuild the 1910 gaff cutter Tally Ho, in WA. (VI

The transom is not original.

Default Re: One insane englishman trying to rebuild the 1910 gaff cutter Tally Ho, in WA. (VI

I liked the shout outs at 8:17 and 16:43!
    Heute ist so ein schöne Tag...

Amazing. I was busy getting drunk at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad View Post
    Ok, I saw some old wood over his head that's all I remembebr />
    Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    Denise, Bristol PA, Oday30, Anchor Yacht Club, On tidal Delaware River. my current project; http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...0-Ducker-Resto

I love this project, Leo and his crew. I support him on Patreon and I would encourage others to do so as well. Oh if I was but a bit younger! I think the thing that constantly amazes me is the level of energy in this young man. I am driven in my own projects because of the love of the work and I'm sure it is the same but sometimes I can be worn out just watching him. Cheers all!

Quote Originally Posted by Thad View Post
    How do we know? I imagine that it's also on the list of things to get replaced. I don't believe there will be an original piece of wood left in her when done. Nothing wrong with that, just saying.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

The bilge stringer on one side was beautiful and might go back, some planks though I doubt it, the ballast, then there is the deck beam with her official number carved in which might not be in structurally but should be there. We know the transom is not original because it was replaced in 2009 by Manuel Lopez before his death ended his restoration effort. Will Leo keep it? We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    How do we know? I imagine that it's also on the list of things to get replaced. I don't believe there will be an original piece of wood left in her when done. Nothing wrong with that, just saying.
    I inherited my grandfather's 1899 axe. I've only replaced the blade once, and had to replace the handle twice. I wouldn't swap it for anything, cuts great.

I inherited my grandmother's 1910 broom. I've only replaced the head once, and had to replace the handle twice. It still sweeps really well.
    I live and drink rum where other people vacation.

Football teams are the same. The coaches change over the years, the players, staff, the jumpers even colours. Some even change regions. Still the same football team to its followers.

I applaud every aspect of Leo's Restoration of Tally Ho and follow the videos keenly having watched each one several times.
    I liken an old boat to the human body although it isn't true that the human body replaces itself every seven years.

This from Snopes.

Using a method that allowed for radiocarbon analysis of individual types of cells, Frisen and his colleagues quantified the age of intestinal cells, skeletal muscle cells, and the gray matter of two brain regions — the cerebral cortex and the cerebellum. Compiling data from multiple individuals, they found:

• The average age of all cells in the intestine was 10.7 years, with epithelial cells (which form the outside of organs and blood vessels) being replaced on average 5 days compared to non-epithelial cells being replaced an average of every 15.9 years.
    • The average age of skeletal muscles was 15.1 years.
    • The average age of cells in the gray matter (cells that make up neurons and other brain matter) of the cerebellum was almost as old as the individual, implying they form when a person is around two years old and remain with them throughout that person’s life.
    • Cells from the grey matter of the occipital-cortex gray matter, however, turnover at a much higher rate.

As NPR also noted, some other cells will also remain with you literally from embryo to death. The cells that make up the central core of the lens of an eye remain with a human from their genesis during embryonic development to their demise at death.
    Because of these outliers, there will never be a period of time over which one can accurately say that all of the cells in your body have been replaced by new ones (even if a vast majority of them will have been replaced in that time period). Therefore, we rank the claim that a human’s body is replaced on the cellular level every seven years as false.