One insane englishman trying to rebuild the 1910 gaff cutter Tally Ho, in WA. (VIDEO)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew2
    • Jul 2013

Re: One insane englishman trying to rebuild the 1910 gaff cutter Tally Ho, in WA. (VI

Originally posted by Tom Wilkinson
    Hot off the press.

An absolute must watch episode as we get to meet Leo s hosts and get some insight into that relationship. I have great respect for Leo. He is just a good person.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was delightful.

Comment

• Rich Jones
      What boat to build next?
      • Apr 2009

Re: One insane englishman trying to rebuild the 1910 gaff cutter Tally Ho, in WA. (VI

That was most excellent.
      The human interest story was fantastic.
      Now with the boat inside and totally out of the weather, things should go smoothly.
      I do wonder how long it'll take Leo to finish and launch her.
      Typically, once the hull it complete, It is said that you are 1/3 done with the build.
      I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
      Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Comment

• Andrew Donald
        • Mar 2019

One of the best vids ever Leo. Love the people and I want a girlfriend like Meg. Worth watching these for the music alone, I wouldn’t care if he’s building a boat or not. 1/3 of the way eh, loads more years to come yay.

Comment

• Mike-in-Suffolk
          • Jun 2021

Originally posted by Rich Jones
          .....The human interest story was fantastic....
          Just a little too much of that for me. I'd rather see the volunteers working on the boat than working on motorbikes.

Comment

• Andrew Donald
            • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Mike-in-Suffolk
            Just a little too much of that for me. I'd rather see the volunteers working on the boat than working on motorbikes.
            Fair go - let em have some down time , they’re volunteers after all. Gives a bit more insight into their characters.

Comment

• Tom Wilkinson
              • Jun 2000

One insane englishman trying to rebuild the 1910 gaff cutter Tally Ho, in WA. (VIDEO)

Originally posted by Andrew Donald
              Fair go - let em have some down time , they’re volunteers after all. Gives a bit more insight into their characters.

That and there is not a lot of boat work being done while it is being moved. Some insight into their various skills and interests is good.

Tom

Comment

• Peerie Maa
                Old Grey Inquisitive One
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Tom Wilkinson
                That and there is not a lot of boat work being done while it is being moved. Some insight into their various skills and interests is good.

That and a very impressive rig with a damned good driver. About an inch clearance from the house eaves, after he was committed.
                Kudos!
                It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
                The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Comment

• Mike-in-Suffolk
                  • Jun 2021

Each to their own. There's only so much giggling I can watch. I just skipped forward in the end. I was much more interested in the couple who have hosted the project for 4 years plus, and in the amazing driving that went into getting the boat out without a scratch.

Comment

• Stiletto
                    • Jan 2003

Each to their own. There's only so much giggling I can watch. I just skipped forward in the end. I was much more interested in the couple who have hosted the project for 4 years plus, and in the amazing driving that went into getting the boat out without a scratch.
                    Agreed, I can see why they wanted that driver for the job.
                    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Comment

• Ralphie Boy
                      • Sep 2014

Leo,

I was blown away by your latest video.

Thanks so much for including Raul and his lovely wife in your video. What amazing people!

Leo, I have to say that when the drone footage of Tally Ho appeared, I got shivers down my spine! The shape of the boat is absolutely beautiful!

Keep up the good work!

Ralphie

Comment

• Brian Palmer
                        Amateur wood butcher
                        • Sep 2003

I find the cheerfulness and camaraderie ("giggling") of these younger people who are obviously talented and hard working very refreshing.

Brian

Comment

• Oldad
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Brian Palmer
                          I find the cheerfulness and camaraderie ("giggling") of these younger people who are obviously talented and hard working very refreshing.

Brian
                          100% agree! They are not professional performers, just eager, talented, hard working folks.

Comment

• Mike-in-Suffolk
                            • Jun 2021

Anyone know when Leo's next video is out? It should have been this weekend in the normal course of events.

Comment

• Rich Jones
                              What boat to build next?
                              • Apr 2009

Anyone know when Leo's next video is out? It should have been this weekend in the normal course of events.
                              I would imagine that he's spending a lot of time cleaning up the old property, transporting materials and tools to the new place and setting up the new shop. Probably nothing too exciting for video.
                              I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
                              Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Comment

• Matt young
                                • Aug 2015

"There is no new video this week, I'm afraid - I just couldn't get it finished on time. Sorry guys!But moving into the new workshop is going well and it feels great to be joining the wonderful wooden boat community in Port Townsend.

This is what Leo put out a few days ago. Looks like he is enjoying his move.
                                "Yeah, well, that's just, like your opinion man"
                                -The Dude-

Comment

Working...