Thread: Wallas diesel stoves, ovens, heaters

Default Wallas diesel stoves, ovens, heaters

Wondering if anyone here as one of these and what the general opinion is of them - they look (to me) to be ideal for a small boat with a diesel engine/auxiliary........aside perhaps from the cost.

I’d want to fit it into a gimballed base with some fiddles to hold a kettle but that’d be easy enough.

Diesel powered and drawing from .55 to .85a - I can’t see what the ongoing 12v draw goes to, I’m guessing perhaps the exhaust or heat blower?

http://www.wallas.fi/index.php?id=823

Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Default Re: Wallas diesel stoves, ovens, heaters

Greg , I think they are used in the motorhome industry , particularly the offroad motorhomes.
    You might find info there.
    Regards Rob J.

Not used one personally but always heard good reports. They have a 'blower hood' accessory which provides cabin heating as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Portland View Post
    Greg , I think they are used in the motorhome industry , particularly the offroad motorhomes.
    You might find info there.
    Regards Rob J.
    Yes, they do both Rob, their Australian website isn’t quite as comprehensive as the one I linked but they do show both their marine and motorhome products.
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

I’ve had the Wallas 40D furnace in my boat for 12 years or so. At one point it needed cleaning and upgrading to an improved burner. The upgrade was free but the cleaning and general maintenance was about $300. Since then it has been pretty trouble free, always starts and produces plenty of heat. It draws diesel from one of the main engine tanks. My only problem is that the spaces on my boat are pretty divided up so a lot of heat is lost in the ducting and there is a lot of general air leakage in the living spaces so a cold wind can cause a lot of heat loss. But generally I’m pretty happy with the Wallas.

Thanks Ron - the more I look at it and google other sites the more impressed I am with it........it’s just the cost that is scary, it’s worth four or five bronze portholes and not much less than some new diesel engines.
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

When I looked into them there were some negative posts on some RV forums about repairs and parts availability. Maybe just a bunch of whiners. I didn't buy one because they are so expensive.