Thread: Help with Charlie noble

Default Help with Charlie noble

Good day! I'm looking for any insights, direction or helpful hints regarding my Charlie noble. I've removed screws from both the interior and topside. Does anyone know how this comes apart? Ive removed all fixtures from the top as I prepare to recanvas Chub's cabin top.
    thank you in advance and apologies on the poor angle of the pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Help with Charlie noble

I;ve only ever seen the chimney pressed together, with retaining screws. I'm guessing you want to remove the deck fitting. At this point I'd resort to a hammer and punch.

Check out the (water) deck irons here...
    http://www.marinestove.com/Accessories.htm

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Is that a Charlie noble? I thought those were ventilators with a spinning top?
    anyway, with regard to those deck irons that hold a water resivoir...they can actually bite you in the butt by making the exhaust TOO cool, which negatively impacts draft. Back draft happens when the outside stack gets too cool. Just a thought.
    Far as removing the fitting... sounds like a wonderbar, maul and saw all will make quick work of it .
    You are just trying to remove it,not take it apart,right?
    bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Segue View Post
    Good day! I'm looking for any insights, direction or helpful hints regarding my Charlie noble. I've removed screws from both the interior and topside. Does anyone know how this comes apart? Ive removed all fixtures from the top as I prepare to recanvas Chub's cabin top.
    thank you in advance and apologies on the poor angle of the pics
    It looks to me like the screws you removed clamped it down onto the sealant which is still holding it in place.
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Looks like some @*!!#%&* bedded it with 3M 5200. See if you can cut between the deck iron and the bedding with a very hot knife. Expect to exhaust your cuss word vocabulary.

See if you can cut between the deck iron and the bedding with a very hot knife.
    I have had success with similar removal by wrapping some wire fishing line ( or 50-lb Spectra line ) around two dowels and slicing through the bedding with that.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.