Thread: NE Patriots

Default NE Patriots

Despite my utter despisal, the won with only seconds on the clock.
    Dammit.

Trivia: the Texans' placekicker's middle name is Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a.

Default Re: NE Patriots

Yup Brady trails only Payton and Marino in comebacks at 50, Texas had the game in hand but clock management hurt them.

They are hated because they win.... But let's face it: there is no other team in the entire NFL that can run a two minute drill, like the Patriots.

Kudos to the Texans, they've got a great team, and their rookie QB could have a fabulous career ahead of him.... They came close, but any team that leaves Brady with the ball, with barely over two minutes left, ought to know that the Patriots are a danger!
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

The Houston QB was amazing - especially after hearing that when Brady played his first NFL game, he was 6.
    The Pats do love to keep their fans guessing though.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Nothing is more entertaining than watching grown men blow out their knees, wreck their backs, and rattle their brains except possibly watching them 20 years later groan when they get out of a chair, walk slowly to the next chair, and forget what they were doing. How I do love the game!

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Nothing is more entertaining than watching grown men blow out their knees, wreck their backs, and rattle their brains except possibly watching them 20 years later groan when they get out of a chair, walk slowly to the next chair, and forget what they were doing. How I do love the game!
    Hell, I've got all that, and more... but I don't remember it! I must've been an NFL quarterback! Whee!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Hell, I've got all that, and more... but I don't remember it! I must've been an NFL quarterback! Whee!
    Well, not playing football isn't a guarantee, but playing it almost is. I've learned too much about the widespread injuries to enjoy watching the game.

Oh, I agree completely. This past weekend I spent visiting some old friends, many with failing health and minds. Good times, and ergo the comments.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Wouldn't it be better not to have to come back?
    Agreed, the Texans' QB looked very good, so did the rest of the team

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    The Houston QB was amazing - especially after hearing that when Brady played his first NFL game, he was 6.
    The Pats do love to keep their fans guessing though.
    given their ages I'm more surprised how well Brady did in an NFL game!

Quote Originally Posted by David W Pratt View Post
    Wouldn't it be better not to have to come back?
    Agreed, the Texans' QB looked very good, so did the rest of the team
    Of course it would! However, they've been subjecting fans to comebacks for a long time...

Look like Brady's got trouble tryna keep holt on the ball now its pumped up rite and not so squashy
    Well, Mr. Botard, do you still deny all rhinocerotic evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseLockedLoop View Post
    Look like Brady's got trouble tryna keep holt on the ball now its pumped up rite and not so squashy
    Yes if I had to guess probably his last year with the pats

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    Yes if I had to guess probably his last year with the pats
    Damn straight. Sure looked clumsy tonight, taking his whole team right into the terlit, he.
    Well, Mr. Botard, do you still deny all rhinocerotic evidence?

They're looking mighty sharp, and Brady quite masterful, against my Tennessee Titans tonight. I didn't hold out a lot of hope for Mariota & Co. - but I hoped they'd put up a better showing than this.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Mariota was amazing last week - catching his own pass & then trowing a great block on the next play, plus great scrambling. As Tony Romo was saying tonight - they have most of the pieces, they just need to put them together.

Also as Romo said - the Pats organization has coaches that've been working together for 18 years + lots of behind the scenes people for as long or longer. That's hard to beat. There are also offensive & defensive coordinators that may well be head coaches next year.

Oh yeah - Brady ain't too shabby either. Got a few other players that're pretty good too. Are they unbeatable? Heck no.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post

I went out for football in high school.

We had tackel drills.

One kid ran and we tried to take him down.

The coach yelled, take his knees out, spear his knees.

Everyone cheered. Yeah!.

I observed these are our team mates and would prolly be useful in a real game.

The coach yelled at me, WHERE THE $%#@%$@# is YOUR SPIRT!!!.

I replyed when i run a guy is going to take my knees out.

The coach yelled and screamed at me , knocked me down, 2 other coachs ran over and frog marched ne off the field.

I was made a exsample out of.

Years later at my reunion most had canes to walk with.

They had the glory while i wuz the bum.

That coach died later, they named the field after him.

Mariota is from Hawai'i. He was probably asking himself last night what the heck he was doing playing a January night game in Foxboro.

I have some pretty severe neck damage that I honestly believe playing football had a lot to with, but I still love watching it. Do I want my nephew or grandson playing it? Not if there are other options, but I do love watching the game.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseLockedLoop View Post
    Damn straight. Sure looked clumsy tonight, taking his whole team right into the terlit, he.
    Well I blew that prediction!