Thread: EBS:Anyone interested in having a beer in St. Simons Island GA in the next few weeks?

Default EBS:Anyone interested in having a beer in St. Simons Island GA in the next few weeks?

I will be in the St. Simons area for a few weeks.
    I am available any evening Sept 19th to Sept 28th.

Anyone interested?
    Anyone know a good place for a beer?

Default Re: EBS:Anyone interested in having a beer in St. Simons Island GA in the next few we

Quote Originally Posted by genglandoh View Post
    Anyone know a good place for a beer?
    Mullet Bay is cool if its not too hot - outdoor seating. Blue Water Cafe gives a decent view of the waterfront and fishing pier. Brogens is where the local bar tenders and waitress hangout when they get off - always the funnest late night bar anywhere.

The Lighthouse Lightsaving Station and Museum is worth a visit. As is the only beach in Georgia and South Carolina that allows dogs. Beware the long sloping sandbars and extreme tidal range, you can find yourself in trouble pretty easily. I've been on the beach there when people have had to be rescued by helicopter. I've been on the beach there when people have drowned. Beware spiny burrs if you walk amongst the dunes - they are a son of a bitch.

Forum member AHP lives on the island. If I were closer this week I'd meet you there.
    Last edited by Paul Pless; 09-22-2017 at 08:17 AM.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.