Thread: Equifax breech容eking advice

Default Equifax breech容eking advice

Sorry to post this here but I do not frequent the Bilge. I want to know the best and safest way to freeze my credit. I have no forseeable reason to apply for credit, so a complete freeze is my goal.Checked a bunch of websites and several offer the same service but with different addresses. Seems fishy. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Equifax breech容eking advice

The Not So recent event that only just came to the news. I believe they are saying if you ever used a credit card with Equifax to check your credit history you got hacked, in other words somebody got your information. if you've never used a credit card to check your credit you're probably okay, but I would contact all my credit card companies and have the numbers changed, get new cards
    Denise, Bristol PA, Oday30, Anchor Yacht Club, On tidal Delaware River. my current project; http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...0-Ducker-Resto

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

-Mark Twain

It says my info was stolen. And they want me to give all my info again to sign up for some kind of monitoring.

I'm dubious.

You don't have to sign up for their service if you want to freeze credit inquiries. Google your state gov't for their credit freeze policies. In Maine (at least) we can do it for free: http://www.maine.gov/pfr/consumercre...reeze_info.htm
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

-Mark Twain