Thread: MV Uchuck III

Default MV Uchuck III

Yesterday was a perfect, warm, sunny September day and we spent it aboard MV Uchuck III steaming out to Nootka Sound. And yes, it's wooden hulled, a converted WWII US minesweeper built in 1942. http://www.getwest.ca/discover/mv-uchuck-iii/ Stock images from the website:

There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Default Re: MV Uchuck III

Great!
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

She's a wonderful working boat with a great history. I've been aboard several times, including a couple of times to get out to the Bunsby Islands and the Brooks Peninsula with my kayak. They provide a great kayak wet-launch service.
    Alex

"A man who is not afraid of the sea will soon be drowned, for he will be going out on a day he shouldn't. We do be afraid of the sea, and we only be drowned now and again" Aran Islands Fisherman

Along with the usual seals and otters, we got a good look at a pair of whales, Humpback I think, showing their backs and tails. It was also interesting to see the very spot where James Cook, along with his navigator William Bligh and the crew first anchored and refitted in 1778.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.