Thread: Orrin Hatch

Default Orrin Hatch

Funny guy or clueless as to what his latest press release means?

“It’s high time to address research into medical marijuana,” the senator said. “Our country has experimented with a variety of state solutions without properly delving into the weeds on the effectiveness, safety, dosing, administration and quality of medical marijuana. All the while, the federal government strains to enforce regulations that sometimes do more harm than good. To be blunt, we need to remove the administrative barriers preventing legitimate research into medical marijuana, which is why I’ve decided to roll out the MEDS Act.”

Hatch suggests he has “high hopes that this bipartisan initiative can be a kumbaya moment for both parties.”
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Default Re: Orrin Hatch

I wonder if there's a kumbaya casserole?

Tax the hell out of it, turn it into big pharma. Brilliant.

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

According to Hatch's office, the humor was on purpose.
    "Sen. Hatch has a great sense of humor," said Matt Whitlock, Hatch's spokesman. "While this is a serious bill dealing with serious issues, particularly in Utah, he felt that the best way to ensure it received the attention required for a thorough and robust debate was with a bit of good-natured humor, similar to that of his social media platforms."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politi...ill/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    Tax the hell out of it, turn it into big pharma. Brilliant.
    I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

Quote Originally Posted by switters View Post
    Funny guy or clueless as to what his latest press release means?

“It’s high time to address research into medical marijuana,” the senator said. “Our country has experimented with a variety of state solutions without properly delving into the weeds on the effectiveness, safety, dosing, administration and quality of medical marijuana. All the while, the federal government strains to enforce regulations that sometimes do more harm than good. To be blunt, we need to remove the administrative barriers preventing legitimate research into medical marijuana, which is why I’ve decided to roll out the MEDS Act.”

Hatch suggests he has “high hopes that this bipartisan initiative can be a kumbaya moment for both parties.”
    Good quote, well cited!
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.
    This link is NIH/gov so it's about as conservative a source as it's possible to cite. It represents a distinct change in attitude within a very short span of time. If you'd looked here last year it would have painted a different picture. There's study going on, but not much government funded. You can be sure there are repositories of data in Washington and Colorado.

However, at the same time, the DEA classifies marijuana as a Schedule (Class) 1 substance, so you might read the following link, also a government publication.

LINK

I think it's inevitable that the US will legalize, or so many states will that it will become a default necessity. Maybe even become the first nation to legalize.
    Crazy, no?
    Last edited by Lew Barrett; 09-13-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.