So, since it looks like a week or two of really great weather, thought I'd take my Dovekie out for its first (and last) trip of the year up to Lake Champlain for a two or three day overnighter. I was thinking of booking a site at Crown Point Campground, which has a boat launch, and using that as a home base in case I can't find an anchorage for the night out there. I have zero knowledge, so I figured it would be worth the $$ for a backup and a shower and a place to park the rig (or, gasp, to sleep).

I was just wondering if anybody had any direct experience with that campground, or had a better recommendation, or knew anything about alternative ramps, what the legality of overnight parking at them is, what the bottom's like for anchoring, and etc etc. Any experience would interest me. I should probably order a detailed chart right now since the GPS I have is minimal...

There's not much info. about launch ramps on the state sites, except how many cars they park and whether they're paved or not. The main detail missing is parking regulations. I'm a little gun-shy, since all along the Hudson, for example, there's virtually no overnight parking except at Hudson, which is off-site in the train station overflow area.

I will try and reach somebody in the bureaucracy on the phone at some point....