Thread: Street legal F1

Default Street legal F1

Default Re: Street legal F1

Thermal efficiency of 40%. Pretty amazing tech. Crazy $$ now, but racing improves the breed and the tech will filter down.
    Hybrid and fuel efficient doesn't have to mean slow and boring. The future looks like fun.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Looks a lot like the Tesla roadster

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Mercedes AMG Project One
    If I lived near a small number of tracks and had the $$$, I could really enjoy that. But I don't. And I don't. So I can't. I can get from my house to anyplace I want to go in my Subaru in the same time it takes in that amazing piece of technology at a very small fraction of the cost and have $$$ left over for a very nice boat (or many very nice boats). Aren't traffic laws and speed limits just a huge disappointment?

I can still get just as much of a buzz on a 23 year old $2,000 motorbike by riding on a public road with a 60 kph limit. Not so much this point on the road.... but a kilometre of so back, with my helmet inches from the concrete barrier, dropping through The Dipper.....

But yeah.... can I have a drive please?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

I appreciate the technology of the Merc powertrain,but I do think the styling has overtones of the 1991 Audi Avus.

Which end is the front?
    Someday, I'm going to settle down and be a grumpy old man.

It does, John.

Another thing that struck me is the size of it. Either this guy has a pin head.... or those wheels and tyres are huge

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

I do wonder about the styling trend for huge wheels and tyres-for decades we had engineers railing against unsprung weight and now they bolt on a flywheel at each corner because it looks good to some eyes.

Low profile tires have shorter sidewalks. Less flex, better control of the "footprint" of the tire. Handling is ultimately about grip and that comes down to the tires.
    Bigger wheels allow bigger brakes. These disapate heat better.
    Of course installing a set of 26" wheels and 20 series tires on a 4 ton SUV is just plain silly. Can't polish a turd Beavis.

These guys don't do it for looks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Invalid attachment message there....

Having had a tyre problem at 260.... I'm not sure I actually want to drive at 350.