Thread: 9-11 and PNAC

Default 9-11 and PNAC

Yea, verily.

From December 2002:
    The threat posed by US terrorism to the security of nations and individuals was outlined in prophetic detail in a document written more than two years ago and disclosed only recently. What was needed for America to dominate much of humanity and the world's resources, it said, was "some catastrophic and catalysing event - like a new Pearl Harbor".

The attacks of 11 September 2001 provided the "new Pearl Harbor", described as "the opportunity of ages". The extremists who have since exploited 11 September come from the era of Ronald Reagan, when far-right groups and "think-tanks" were established to avenge the American "defeat" in Vietnam. In the 1990s, there was an added agenda: to justify the denial of a "peace dividend" following the cold war. The Project for the New American Century was formed, along with the American Enterprise Institute, the Hudson Institute and others that have since merged the ambitions of the Reagan administration with those of the current Bush regime.
    "These Neo-Cons are traitors. Absolutely soulless, demonic, greed-driven monsters."

oznabrag

I want to see every one of you howling, amoral jackals defend that statement.

It's either that, or defend this one:

the transformation of American armed forces through "new technologies and operational concepts" was likely to be a long one, "absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event like a new Pearl Harbor."

Default Re: 9-11 and PNAC

Phart...
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

I've been hollering about the PNAC paper for years to deaf ears. It called for the war in Iraq among other things. But no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Phart...
    Sounds better, since you got it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    I've been hollering about the PNAC paper for years to deaf ears. It called for the war in Iraq among other things. But no one cares.
    I care.

If your local abortionist had published a paper that said what his business needed was a way to put holes in every condom, we can be sure that there would be no end to the outcry.

If we all of a sudden discovered that all the condoms did, indeed, have holes, he would almost assuredly be lynched.

Whether he put those holes in there, or not.

That's my point.

These bursteds longed for a catastrophe, so they could manipulate the US into an unending war. They got their catastrophe, used it as planned, and we have no idea when the war in Afghanistan will end.

There are those who will tell you that OBL was acting on behalf of The Shadow Government, and so forth, and that may or may not be true.

Regardless of such a plot, the fact that these bursteds hoped for it and exploited it with the result of a bankrupt government, thousands upon thousands of dead and mangled US soldiers, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DEAD IRAQIS, and HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN CHENEY'S POCKET should be enough.

Something to remember is that these flawed ideologies didn't rise in a vacuum, they shared non-partisan support in the belief of military power to meet all threats. As though aircraft carriers cruise missiles and a new samurai class of special ops soldiers is the way to deal with fundamentalist militants who are indigenous to many parts of the world.

Can i suggest that "war" is a hugely profitable industry in the USA, that might sound very blunt from someone who lives outside the country but think about it. Think about the companies that supply the weaponry, the trucks and aircraft, the ammunition and the food, the toilet seats and the shipping that moves it all around, the whole supply chain. It takes how many people to support one front line soldier? 30 or 40? Think about how so many towns are dependent upon the local military base for their business, how many people are employed in the whole military industrial machine.
    I've seen estimates that around a third of the US economy is tied up in the "defence" industry, and there will be a lot of people with big money in there and they'll be using every tool in the book to keep their investments making a profit.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

Since Ike's departing words, it's been know as MIC - Military-Industrial Complex. His caution was very specific and has been as completely ignored as it has come to pass.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

Read the entire speech here - http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ike.htm
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

I stop short at linking US imperial and commercial interests to 9/11, but it certainly was convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I stop short at linking US imperial and commercial interests to 9/11, but it certainly was convenient.
    Man, that's my point.

Forget about whether they had a hand in it. The fact that they got what they wished for and exploited it is enough, IMO, to send them ALL to the gallows.
    Last edited by oznabrag; 09-11-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Lord knows we wouldn't want a military powerful enough to fight wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, damn near most of dark Africa, and keep NK second guessing their thoughts about launching a nuke at someone, all at the same time.
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Lord knows we wouldn't want a military powerful enough to fight wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, damn near most of dark Africa, and keep NK second guessing their thoughts about launching a nuke at someone, all at the same time.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org