Thread: Nice Build

Default Re: Nice Build

Looks like a little ship intended for big adventures.

Looks interesting Paul and spacious down below, but I don’t know about trying to go forward on that deck......mind you with that camber I guess it’d probably be reasonably flat on the windward side when sailing.

Is it in NZ?
    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Quote Originally Posted by Larks View Post
    Looks interesting Paul and spacious down below, but I don’t know about trying to go forward on that deck......mind you with that camber I guess it’d probably be reasonably flat on the windward side when sailing.

Is it in NZ?
    I wonder if it will get a Chinese Lug, in that case going forward might be looking out the bubble and reefing from inside? Sans headsail maybe not much need to go up there, certainly one good way to do it. I’d like more information on design front.
    Last edited by Matt young; 12-04-2020 at 02:04 AM.
    "Yeah, well, that's just, like your opinion man"
    -The Dude-

Yes, the boat will get a junk rig, no need to go forward. The yellow post up forward is the tabernacle. Design is custom, you can read about it here https://anniehill.blogspot.com/2015/...ears-tall.html Follow the link in the article if you want the details of how and why.

Edit: The desgn is called SibLim (Small is beautiful, Less is more), by David Tyler and there is a free 7m version. https://siblim7m.wordpress.com
    Last edited by Rumars; 12-03-2020 at 09:33 PM.

The integrated wind vane steering - at least I assume that's what it is - is an interesting idea. She's been chipping away at this build for a few years now.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by J.Madison View Post
    Looks like a little ship intended for big adventures.
    This is Annies "forever home". Custom design by David Tyler, twin bilge boards, twin rudders, a central stub keel that is mostly a big chunk of steel, and a single masted junk rig.
    Annie Hill, for those who arent aware, is a very strong advocate of Junk rig, and if I'm right she is the president of the Junk Rig Assn.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.