Thread: monster rib

Default monster rib

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: monster rib

I think that this trumps(sic) yours:

Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Hope the voyage is a long one.
    May there be many a summer morning when,
    with what pleasure, what joy,
    you come into harbors seen for the first time...

Ithaka, by Cavafy
    (Keeley - Sherrard translation)

Quote Originally Posted by sharpiefan View Post
    Now _that's_ what I'm talkin' about!
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Unless there are seat belts for those wing seats, who ever is in them is gonna go flyin'.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

In 2004, Richard Davison, the managing director of Crompton Marine, and his girlfriend, Ellen George, were arrested after Spanish authorities conducting anti-drug smuggling operations seized a number of boats sold by their company and reported them to British customs officials. The two were suspected of using Crompton Marine as a front for supplying high-speed inflatable boats to illegal drug merchants, advertising them as “high-speed, uncatchable craft that have a low radar signature”:
    After the couple’s arrest, a third party, Ian Rush, allegedly carried on their underground boat trade under the name Nautexco Marine and was also eventually caught by authorities. Evidence presented during Rush’s 2007 trial indicated that Davison and George (and later, Rush) were making secret deals for boats like the one pictured above: craft between 30 ft. and 60 ft. long, costing as much as £350,000 ($680,000 US in 2007), and featuring up to eight 250-horsepower engines (with a total fuel storage capacity of 15,000 litres) that enabled them to outrun pursuers at speeds up 60 knots (70 mph).
    The craft were designed with low profiles to avoid radar detection and were painted grey or black to make them difficult to spot on the water. Crompton (and Nautexco) Marine’s primary customers were said to be smugglers who used the craft for transporting drugs and other contraband between north Africa and southern Spain.
    News accounts carried some additional photos of the craft in question (although nothing in those reports indicated that any such craft had been intercepted crossing the English Channel):
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    News accounts carried some additional photos of the craft in question (although nothing in those reports indicated that any such craft had been intercepted crossing the English Channel):
    a selling point?

I'm in for #3
    A boatless inlander, searching for the meaning of life-aground.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    I'm in for #3
    Side of Mexican street corn on the grill, and a few oven roasted potatoes, mebbe a few cold beverages...
    -William A. Ward

I'll take my corn in the form of bread.
    and beans and slaw.
    and bourbon.
    A boatless inlander, searching for the meaning of life-aground.

and beans and slaw.
    and bourbon.
    why low carb diets are a failure for me
    well the above, plus beer and pizza. . .

and beans and slaw.
    and bourbon.
    Cornbread is good, but so is elotes. Grilled corn with some mayo, finely grated cheese, and some chili powder, maybe a little lime juice.
    Sounds weird, tastes like...

Well, even Martha Stewart has a recipe, though she boils the corn, like a weirdo.

Grill it, with the jackets on. If you soak them in bowl of water for about an hour, silk ends down, then grill them over direct heat until the jackets are charred well, the corn will be a perfect.

Mmm... I'm going to make some tonight, now!

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    why low carb diets are a failure for me
    well the above, plus beer and pizza. . .
    Dude, I could cure you of carbs. Really.

Once you delve into the world of healthy fats, life changes forever.

Fat is so delicious, it takes lots of sugar and salt to TRY and replace its flavor in food.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Dude, I could cure you of carbs. Really.
    trust me, you cannot cure me of beer and pizza and bourbon, can't be done

When the kids lived in Dallas there was a guy at a gas station who fired up a half dozen Weber kettles and started grilling corn for elotes. He'd arrive at 10 and a line would form. He'd go until he'd sell out. We were never able to get any.
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Cornbread is good, but so is elotes. Grilled corn with some mayo, finely grated cheese, and some chili powder, maybe a little lime juice.
    Sounds weird, tastes like...

Well, even Martha Stewart has a recipe, though she boils the corn, like a weirdo.

Grill it, with the jackets on. If you soak them in bowl of water for about an hour, silk ends down, then grill them over direct heat until the jackets are charred well, the corn will be a perfect.

Mmm... I'm going to make some tonight, now!

Peace,
    Robert
    Went to a restaurant last weekend that had elote fritters with a dip that was probably crema, lime, garlic and cilantro. Yummm...
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    trust me, you cannot cure me of beer and pizza and bourbon, can't be done
    First, you have to really want to change...

but why would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    Unless there are seat belts for those wing seats, who ever is in them is gonna go flyin'.
    does look good for launching people. even with belts those don't look like a comfortable seat with lots of bouncing or side to side movements

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    In 2004, Richard Davison, the managing director of Crompton Marine, and his girlfriend, Ellen George, were arrested after Spanish authorities conducting anti-drug smuggling operations seized a number of boats sold by their company and reported them to British customs officials. The two were suspected of using Crompton Marine as a front for supplying high-speed inflatable boats to illegal drug merchants, advertising them as “high-speed, uncatchable craft that have a low radar signature”:
    After the couple’s arrest, a third party, Ian Rush, allegedly carried on their underground boat trade under the name Nautexco Marine and was also eventually caught by authorities. Evidence presented during Rush’s 2007 trial indicated that Davison and George (and later, Rush) were making secret deals for boats like the one pictured above: craft between 30 ft. and 60 ft. long, costing as much as £350,000 ($680,000 US in 2007), and featuring up to eight 250-horsepower engines (with a total fuel storage capacity of 15,000 litres) that enabled them to outrun pursuers at speeds up 60 knots (70 mph).
    The craft were designed with low profiles to avoid radar detection and were painted grey or black to make them difficult to spot on the water. Crompton (and Nautexco) Marine’s primary customers were said to be smugglers who used the craft for transporting drugs and other contraband between north Africa and southern Spain.
    A story I know a little about as their base was about twenty five miles away.I seem to remember that the boats were exported-without engines fitted-and found their way to the Mediterranean,where they were used at night to shift high value cargos North.It was rumoured that a bag containing around a million in cash was found in the proprietors home.