Thread: 2017 Mid Atlantic Small Craft Festival

Default 2017 Mid Atlantic Small Craft Festival

Hi folks,

There's just a chance I will be able to attend this festival. From the website it appears to be a small, friendly event - is this the case? There was also a reference to camping, and since I'll be in the old truck camper can someone give me some information and any tips on that?

I've never driven in the eastern US, how crazy is the traffic? Should I worry?

from Vancouver Island,

Jamie

Default Re: 2017 Mid Atlantic Small Craft Festival

No worries, it's a very friendly event and the museum is very accommodating. Camping is in the parking area which has some grassy spots. No electric, etc. Showers available.
    -Dave

Great event. I went in 2011 for the first time. I missed one since because of a Nephews wedding and the year it was cancelled. I have developed friendships with many. I won't miss it again god willing. Traffic is not bad.

Are you bringing a Chebbacco? I am building a Core Sound 20 Mark III but I'll probably have my Sea Pearl WildCat.

Steve
    Take Care,
    Steve W

Honeoye Falls, New York
    Building a B & B Core Sound 20 Mark III "Jazz Hands"
    Spindrift 11N Suzy J Build Pictures
    A little video of the Suzy J and my youngest son

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W (NY) View Post
    Great event. I went in 2011 for the first time. I missed one since because of a Nephews wedding and the year it was cancelled. I have developed friendships with many. I won't miss it again god willing. Traffic is not bad.

Are you bringing a Chebbacco? I am building a Core Sound 20 Mark III but I'll probably have my Sea Pearl WildCat.

Steve
    No Chebacco Steve, but I will have a cedar strip canoe to enter. We're touring Newfoundland in September and I'm driving back alone so taking advantage of the opportunity to see some of the places I read about in this forum. This festival is looking more and more possible for me.

And thanks for the camping info, Dave. All I need is space to park and I'm good!

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Orr View Post
    I've never driven in the eastern US, how crazy is the traffic? Should I worry?
    Traffic on the east coast will get heavy, but, in my experience, nothing in the USA is anything like Texas. Some of those cowboys scare the dickens out of me.

It is very friendly. You will have no trouble finding a ride in practically any of the boats that are there. I'll be sailing my Drascombe Dabber.

Brian

If you'll be driving down the east coast USA from the Canadian Maritimes and have a smartphone, do check traffic conditions around Boston, the Connecticut shoreline and NYC as you go. It can get nightmarish at some times of day. Post your itinerary and days of travel here as the trip takes place. Some of us may be able to advise more definitively. Excellent time of year to be out this way!
    "... and the great shroud of the sea rolled on as it rolled five thousand years ago."

Thanks again to those who replied, however I'm not going to make the show. Too far, too little time. Instead, I will drive down the Maine coast and see what I can

Have a good show folks!