Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How are assault weapons a good idea...anybody want to explain this?

Default Re: How are assault weapons a good idea...anybody want to explain this?

The 2nd must have changed and no one noticed ?
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    The 2nd must have changed and no one noticed ?
    Yep, it says
    "A well regulated white Militia,
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by jack grebe View Post
    That was 50 years ago.........
    And your point? When was the 2nd Amendment written - is it still in force? When were the symbols and slogans used by the alt.right muck coined?

50 years only means something if a nation's used the time well. Otherwise, it's actually a pretty short stretch.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

How many here like that these white supremacists yesterday were packing military weapons and with the intention of coming to kill folks who disagree with their ideology?

Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by B_B View Post
    You sure it wasn't Hillary?
    The term assault rifle is generally attributed to Adolf Hitler, who for propaganda purposes used the German word "Sturmgewehr" (which translates to "storm rifle" or "assault rifle"), as the new name for the MP43, subsequently known as theSturmgewehr 44 or StG 44.[6][8][9][10][11][12][13][14] However, other sources dispute that Hitler had much to do with coining the new name besides signing the production order.[15] The StG 44 is generally considered the first selective fire military rifle to popularize the assault rifle concept.[6][8] Today, the term assault rifle is used to define firearms sharing the same basic characteristics as the StG 44.[6][8]

just what are those characteristic?
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    How many here like that these white supremacists yesterday were packing military weapons and with the intention of coming to kill folks who disagree with their ideology?

I think living in SF was a great eye opener for me.

There are other hippies out there that don't WANT to fight, but will.

And some of us are excellent at it, bullies!

Peace,
    Do Not Abide Real Hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post

idiots come in different shapes and sizes and both sides of the political line
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    idiots come in different shapes and sizes and both sides of the political line
    So, so true.

It is the idiots we are against, of all stripes, eh?

I hope.

Peace,
    Robert

How many folks were shot at Charlottesville yesterday at that protest? Anybody know?

^ and your point is?

If you are not pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    ^ and your point is?

no one was shot... I'll bet you knew that and you got the point loud and clear... don't screw around

Quote Originally Posted by B_B View Post
    So there are only two political sides to choose from? You clearly reject the progressive liberal side, so you are on the side of the white supremacist, neo-Nazi, fascists in the photo you quote?
    "white supremacist, neo-Nazi, fascists " two can play at that silly game... above are three more political parties you recognize I see

Hey! Round the maypole we go! Wind it up tighter, I'm sure it will be fine.

Someone, at some point, has to allow as they might not be the best thing ever.

If we can all do that, we may stand a chance.

Peace,
    Robert

^ and your point is?

What I see is that the majority of the time, it is Democrats doing the shooting........
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Jack, you get to choose. If you had been in Charlottesville, you would have had sympathy for one group, or another. There really is no way to claim moral equivalence. These were actual Nazis seeking to intimidate their prey. Both were Americans.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

[QUOTE=TomF;5313478]Jack, you get to choose. If you had been in Charlottesville, you would have had sympathy for one group, or another. There really is no way to claim moral equivalence. These were actual Nazis seeking to intimidate their prey. Both were Americans.[/QUOTE]

It is FAR too easy to become an American.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Jack, you get to choose. If you had been in Charlottesville, you would have had sympathy for one group, or another. There really is no way to claim moral equivalence. These were actual Nazis seeking to intimidate their prey. Both were Americans.
    Yep, you just need American parents. If you are lucky they have both education and the intelligence to use it.

Yep, you just need American parents. If you are lucky they have both education and the intelligence to use it.
    Precisely!

Yeah. My technique was to be born in Sioux City, Iowa.
    Well, Mr. Botard, do you still deny all rhinocerotic evidence?

Precisely.

As a Nation of immigrants, we must cleave unto the Constitution as our Mother.

If we are to continue trying to be a Nation of Laws, and not of Men we, at some point, are going to be forced to withhold citizenship from those who do not understand this.

Precisely.

As a Nation of immigrants, we must cleave unto the Constitution as our Mother.

If we are to continue trying to be a Nation of Laws, and not of Men we, at some point, are going to be forced to withhold citizenship from those who do not understand this.
    Magic
    We get racists telling Birmingham born blacks like Lenny Henry to go back home to where they came from.

Magic
    We get racists telling Birmingham born blacks like Lenny Henry to go back home to where they came from.
    How is this a response to my post?

My point is, that you guys go on ad infinitum about assault weapons and those "mental midgets" who carry them....I would have assumed some "goober" would surely have gone off the deep end and shot someone. But, I guess not. Go figure.....

How is this a response to my post?
    Your suggestion that you withhold citizenship from people born in the US of A to US citizens reminded me of some of the idiot racists in the UK.

Your suggestion that you withhold citizenship from people born in the US of A to US citizens reminded me of some of the idiot racists in the UK.
    Soooooo . . .

You're saying that I'm a racist.

No need to read anything else you have to say.

Soooooo . . .

You're saying that I'm a racist.

No need to read anything else you have to say.
    Nope, I think that you don't bother to proof read and think about what you just typed.
    Were you really suggesting breaking International law by making US born citizens stateless?

Who?

Who?

So, what do you mean by this suggestion?

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

I wouldn't be surprised to see you he his company either.
    Would someone please translate this into English.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    I'm sorry, but I take exception to that. The KKK, Neo-Nazi's, "Confederate supporters", and Alt-right, are not Americans in my book. They live in this country, but are traitors to what this nation stands for.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    I'm sorry, but I take exception to that. The KKK, Neo-Nazi's, "Confederate supporters", and Alt-right, are not Americans in my book. They live in this country, but are traitors to what this nation stands for.
    Uh-oh!

Originally Posted by PhaseLockedLoop View Post
    I'm surprised at you, Phillip. M16s and AK-47s were designated assault rifles from their inception. They are light machine guns, and as such can fire full-auto.

Semi-auto versions which look the same are not machine guns.

End thread drift.
    Those are also not available to the general public without jumping through
    some major hoops...... Ask Pless about what is involved to legally own one.
    Perhaps you haven't heard of a device called the "Hellfire." It makes semi-automatic weapons capable of near-fully-automatic rate of fire. You can buy one for about fifty dollars, but you could make one in an afternoon in your garage.

A Hellfire trigger is a device that allows a semi-automatic firearm to fire at a rate approaching that of fully automatic firearms. When the trigger is pressed, the Hellfire device disengages the trigger return spring, which moves the operator's trigger finger. As a result, the operator can move his finger to fire individual shots more quickly. The Hellfire device may be used in conjunction with bump firing techniques to fire more rapidly, although this makes aiming down the sights, and therefore accurate shooting, impossible.

The Hellfire trigger was used, with a pair of TEC-9 pistols, by the perpetrator of a 1993 mass shooting that killed nine people. Separately, David Koresh, leader of the Branch Davidians, reportedly told authorities that he utilized semi-automatic guns with the part installed.

Visit the site below to see Hellfires in action...and imagine what some looney could do with a firearm equipped with a thirty-round clip and a Hellfire in a crowd like we saw yesterday.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...=0&FORM=VDQVAP
    Last edited by Shang; 08-13-2017 at 06:01 PM.

in the 1930s, Jews had their citizenship revoked in Germany... anybody else see that?

I saw a program on the tube this morning about the popularity of the AR-15 rifle in America. One guy is selling info on how to make large-volume clips and non-serialized (I don't know the proper term) main carriage components on a 3-D printer, another (a woman) teaches pre-teen girls how to shoot & maintain them using pretty pink ones, and the narrator made several references to how easily they are converted to full-auto fire.

Everybody needs a deer rifle that is full-auto, pink, and untraceable, right?
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Again.
    Nice deflection.

However this is the issue:
    Originally Posted by Shang
    Virginia is an Open-carry state, but how is it a good idea to permit guns in a situation like this?

Why do people not want to discuss the stupidity of taking rifles into a crowd?
    Or should that be "Why does Phillip not want to discuss the stupidity of taking rifles into a crowd?"