Thread: My heart goes out to the people of Guam

Default My heart goes out to the people of Guam

I can't imagine the stress the people must be under, and the government issuing instructions on how
    to survive a nuclear attack........
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Default Re: My heart goes out to the people of Guam

Duck and cover.
    Life is complex.

Naw, Un isn't that stupid, lot of talk. Actually envy the people living there, a beautiful island, right out of a James Michener novel. Spent some time there while in the USAF, great duty. At low tide you could see the tail of s Jap zero in a cove.

The threat could be diversionary in nature. They would be far more effective with inside the US actors and chaos they could cause. Biological and chemical weapons plus miniature dirty weapons which would wipe out whole regions. As reported a while back - US based NK operatives waiting for orders.

If the North Koreans can hit Guam with military capabilities - they can strike anywhere. It does not have to be nuclear in nature to devastate the US or their allies. The probability is they won't strike Florida as it is too far from their sub platforms and great soft targets are minimal.

Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 08-12-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    The threat could be diversionary in nature. They would be far more effective with inside the US actors and chaos they could cause. Biological and chemical weapons plus miniature dirty weapons which would wipe out whole regions

If the North Koreans can hit Guam with military capabilities - they can strike anywhere. It does not have to be nuclear in nature to devastate the US or their allies. The probability is they won't strike Florida as it is too far from their sub platforms and great soft targets are minimal.

they need to take some of that money and feed their people
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Additional information on NK commando units.

Military experts believe that the commando units were brought in because at the time North Korea lacked any long-range missiles capable of hitting the U.S. The report adds: 'One of the driving forces behind the establishment of the units and infiltration of operatives was the slow progress in developing a multi-stage ballistic missile.'

Today the rogue state is believed to have at least two types of long-range ballistic missile capable of reaching the U.S.. North Korea has one of the largest number of Special Forces in the world with more than 60,000 commandos under control of the shadowy Reconnaissance Bureau, part of the country’s Armed Forces.
    The Bureau is known to have been behind a string of terror attacks over the years including airline bombing, kidnaps and assassinations. The source of the information is not disclosed but may have come from a defector or electronic surveillance. The redacted document on such subjects from 2014 was released thorough a Freedom of Information Act request.

Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Their military (rockets, nukes, subs, etc.) is truly an impressive bit of technology (for a nation that can't feed it's people or light its cities!).

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    Many in power there do not think this way. It is a more western ideology. They have been starving their people since the 1950s.

We can be reminded if we look at Japan in 1945, what the general population was willing to do for the emperor and the steps they took to prepare to kill millions of GIs who sought to invade their homes.

Both NK and US leaders are acting like 2 year olds throwing a tantrum when they can't get what they want. In the Trumpian view, Guam may be considered expendable if it gives him the right to mash the big red button in response to a NK attack on the island. After all, it's only one of the USA's colonies, not one of the 50 states, so there's no votes there.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    or do single payer health care, eh?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

TomF's false moral equivilences continues with regard to to people's paradise of North Korea.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

BTW, Kissinger had an article in today's WSJ about how to solve the NK situation. Not far from what I proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by peb View Post
    BTW, Kissinger had an article in today's WSJ about how to solve the NK situation. Not far from what I proposed.

Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented