Thread: Most trusted news sources

Default Most trusted news sources

Not the most 'accurate' by some objective measure... but most 'trusted' --

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...-us-2017-08-03

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Default Re: Most trusted news sources

Oh, right. Like I trust this.

Peace,
    Robert

Oh well... I trust your judgement... <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I trust PBS, that's about it.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All View Post
    I trust PBS, that's about it.
    You're not alone.

But what about The Guardian, The Wall St. Journal (news, not editorial), BBC, Reuters, and The Economist? Oh and Christian Science Moniter... they're not on the list, but right up there, I'd suspect.

The only bit that surprises me is that Yahoo is ranked so low. I find them largely reliable... even if a bit 'click-bait' oriented.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

The Bilge is clear off the charts, it seems.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    You're not alone.

But what about The Guardian, The Wall St. Journal (news, not editorial), BBC, Reuters, and The Economist? Oh and Christian Science Moniter... they're not on the list, but right up there, I'd suspect.

The only bit that surprises me is that Yahoo is ranked so low. I find them largely reliable... even if a bit 'click-bait' oriented.
    I'm seeing the Guardian, the BBC and Reuters in the most trusted section. I've always been happy with the Beeb.
    Somewhere between Murder and Suicide, there is a place called Merseyside.

"SOME readers, particularly those used to the left-right split in most democratic legislatures, are bamboozled by The Economistís political stance. We like free enterprise and tend to favour deregulation and [sic. privatisation] But we also like gay marriage, want to legalise drugs and disapprove of monarchy"
    The Economist

Privitization and deregulation are going to hurt this country more than any of the the other recent "hot button" political issues. I think equating The Economist as a trusted news source is a serious mistake.
    Corporate power is completely run amok, private prisons, a move is afoot towards a private military, the presidency and much of congress is now corrupted by this line of thinking. This is only one click away from Fascism, and bamboozled is indeed the operative word.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    The Bilge is clear off the charts, it seems.
    And in which direction remains an open question, eh?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    "SOME readers, particularly those used to the left-right split in most democratic legislatures, are bamboozled by The Economist’s political stance. We like free enterprise and tend to favour deregulation and [sic. privatisation] But we also like gay marriage, want to legalise drugs and disapprove of monarchy"
    The Economist

Privitization and deregulation are going to hurt this country more than any of the the other recent "hot button" political issues. I think equating The Economist as a trusted news source is a serious mistake.
    Corporate power is completely run amok, private prisons, a move is afoot towards a private military, the presidency and much of congress is now corrupted by this line of thinking. This is only one click away from Fascism, and bamboozled is indeed the operative word.
    As the WSJ highlights... the editorial side of an operation can be quite distinct from the news reporting side.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks