Thread: Delay the 2020 general election?

Default Delay the 2020 general election?

YES say 52% of Republicans if Trump were to propose a delay of the election. YES say 56% of Republicans if both Trump and the Republican Congress proposed a delay of the election.

Astounding!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.da4ea8dc3a72

Deja Moo: The feeling that you have heard this bull before.

Default Re: Delay the 2020 general election?

Something is genuinely wrong with those people.

I think the more pertinent question might be what happens if Trump is "removed" from office but refuses to "leave." Trump's polling is bad, but his support among Republican voters remains persistently high.

So much for the constitution, (deliberately all lower case). And wasn't it the GOP who raised the rumour that Obama was about to refuse to stand down?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    I think the more pertinent question might be what happens if Trump is "removed" from office but refuses to "leave." Trump's polling is bad, but his support among Republican voters remains persistently high.
    Are you going to rush to Washington to defend your hero? That'll be a sight.
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz

Just more proof that the majority of Republican voters are as worthless as the people they elect.

Remember: next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country. REALLY make America great again.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

The righties tried, with about zero effect except among themselves, that first Clinton and then Obama were going to cancel the next election. Now they are spreading that stupid rumor about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp
    So much for the constitution, (deliberately all lower case). And wasn't it the GOP who raised the rumour that Obama was about to refuse to stand down?
    A right-wingnut at work volunteered to me that if Barack Obama won reelection for a second term it would be the last free election the U.S.A. would ever see.

I replied, "That is crazy talk!"

He responded, "Well, a lot of people think so."

Deja Moo: The feeling that you have heard this bull before.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Correct. Don't these idiots know that the elections are spelled out in the U.S. Constitution and can't be changed on a whim?
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    A right-wingnut at work volunteered to me that if Barack Obama won reelection for a second term it would be the last free election the U.S.A. would ever see.

I replied, "That is crazy talk!"

He responded, "Well, a lot of people think so."
    Well, perhaps he was right, eh? Trump was installed by the Russians, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    Correct. Don't these idiots know that the elections are spelled out in the U.S. Constitution and can't be changed on a whim?
    What if a state or two maybe doesn't hold the election or certify a result? There'd be no electors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    What if a state or two maybe doesn't hold the election or certify a result? There'd be no electors.
    Just no end to the traitorous schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    Remember: next election, vote EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country. REALLY make America great again.

Ftfy........
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    actually it was the Democrats who kept pressing the point just before the election that which ever side lost the election they must gracefully accept defeat and work to help the victor make America great again...

Yet liberals wanted a do over on the election for weeks. On this forum people argued for it, despite no constitutional provision for it.

I agree, anyone who wants to delay the 2020 election is wrong, just as wrong as those who wanted a do over in 2016

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Just no end to the traitorous schemes.
    Quote Originally Posted by peb View Post
    Yet liberals wanted a do over on the election for weeks. On this forum people argued for it, despite no constitutional provision for it.

I agree, anyone who wants to delay the 2020 election is wrong, just as wrong as those who wanted a do over in 2016

Two wrongs STILL don't make a right.

The Republican Party has been slowly denigrating, degrading and destroying the very Constitution they are sworn to uphold ever since they elected that treasonous lump of protoplasm called Richard F Nixon.

If they somehow manage to obliterate the Republic they so smarmily claim to 'love', it will not surprise me one, single bit.

What's another round of Presidential Electoral Treason among those so practiced at it?

Quote Originally Posted by peb View Post

Link, please?

#13: LOL, Jack. LOL. Puerile, but funny.

That rumbling you hear are the tumbrils coming...
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Well the US was an oligarchy at the start of this election, it will be interesting to watch if you slide further into authoritarian rule via the process of failing to vote. I am minded of the demise of the Roman Republic mainly because of lethargy and a lack of interest.

For Aus. politicians it will solve the knotty problem of having two competing 'great and powerful friends'. Though the definition of 'friend' might be stretched a bit. But with enough 'donations' of OS money I'm sure the politicians consciences can be assuaged.

Man those polls are effective. Hook, line, and sinker... everytime.

"Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".