Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walmart: "Own The School Year Like A Hero"

Default Re: Walmart: "Own The School Year Like A Hero"

I don't believe it was placed to intentionally market guns as back to school supplies. It was either a prank or a boneheaded mistake.

The school I went to had its own armoury and rifle range. It was a very long time ago!
    So did mine ( 1970's). A quick check of the web and they still have a riflery team and compete against other schools, which must then also have the same facilities.

A good friend, now in his 80's, recalls that, after morning hunts, the boys carried their shotguns into school during duck season. They were kept in an office or the vestibule or somewhere, as he tells it.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

I hasten to add that Tom was quite right - the Snopes showed it appeared to have happened, Walmart definitely and publicly apologized, but it was not clear to Snopes that anyone in the Walmart operation had officially caused or sanctioned the sign.

Walmart claims to have identified the sign as mischief but has not named, might or might not know, the mischief maker or mischief makers. Walmart has not retracted its apology.

By the way, I believe Walmart did the right thing when it apologized for the sign's existence even not knowing quite how it got up.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    I don't believe it was placed to intentionally market guns as back to school supplies. It was either a prank or a boneheaded mistake.

So did mine ( 1970's). A quick check of the web and they still have a riflery team and compete against other schools, which must then also have the same facilities.

A good friend, now in his 80's, recalls that, after morning hunts, the boys carried their shotguns into school during duck season. They were kept in an office or the vestibule or somewhere, as he tells it.

Kevin
    Me.
    During dove season.
    Mr Rossi, the principal, had a cabinet we would lock our guns in. I carried a single 20 break barrel. Still do on occasion.

Peace,
    Robert