Thread: A new workshop for J-Star Boat Services

Default A new workshop for J-Star Boat Services

At the beginning of August I was able to get new premises to expand my business. Now I am hard at work clearing out the workshop of the last tenant and putting new stamp on the workshop. it is going to take sometime however we will get there and the major work on turning boats around and back on the water will begin in earnest.

Default Re: A new workshop for J-Star Boat Services

Good one. Are you still at Fox's?

Hi,

My Yacht is still at Fox's. However, I have not worked for Fox's since 2000.

Regards
    Simon

The main problem is where to start with cleaning the old things you do not need any more

Got to start somewhere it might as well be the shelves and then that will make room on the floor for boats and the other equipment like bandsaws, table saws and pillar drills and other heavy equipment.

Two new larch boards to repair the clinker dinghy will have just got in for repair

An old GRP dinghy will have got in to restore

The clinker dinghy which needs two new planks

The top sheer strake back in position ready to start putting the new planking back on the dinghy

After taking off the broken and split planks, it is now time to start the rebuilding of the side of the dinghy. First put back on the sheer strake plank so there is guide to work to when putting the planks back in position

First dry fitting of the first of the planks that need renewing

Got my every faithful bandsaw back up and running and in position to use it to cut long lengths of planking

The thicknesser using the tablesaw as a base until I get round to m,aking its own stand to sit on and set up in the workshop

The GRP works dinghy getting a new transom pad dry fitted to strengthen up the transom to put a larger outboard on for towing boats around

Inside view of the size of the plywood transom pad and just got to fix in position with free-fix and then glass over with several layers of CSM and resin to give it a good strong tyransom

The Shetland Family 4 getting new cabin side linings glued in position