Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 125

Thread: Manafort's house was raided

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sharon, MA
    Posts
    16,230

    Default Manafort's house was raided

    Hmmmm.... an unannounced raid... gotta mean that there must be some damning evidence, to get that search warrant.

    “FBI agents raided the Alexandria home of President Trump’s former campaign chairman late last month, using a search warrant to seize documents and other materials,” the Washington Post reports.

    “Federal agents appeared at Paul Manafort’s home without advance warning in the predawn hours of July 26, the day after he met voluntarily with the staff for the Senate Intelligence Committee.”

    “The search warrant was wide-ranging and FBI agents working with special counsel Robert Mueller departed the home with various records.”
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce







  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    7,737

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Did it come too late? A smart criminal would have long since sanitized the place.
    Nosce te ipsum

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    w sac
    Posts
    4,576

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Sweet.

    You go, Bob.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central cal
    Posts
    8,369

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    Did it come too late? A smart criminal would have long since sanitized the place.
    Wrong.

    SMART criminals (while mostly an oxymoron, really) don't do ANY dirt or work at home.

    You don't poop where you eat.

    EVER.

    And, if you're really smart, you are never involved in dirt you can't separate yourself from, by at least two degrees. And, of course, never mess with folks you don't know, because you don't know...

    Peace,
    Don Idiota

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    21,816

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    "Hmmmm.... an unannounced raid... gotta mean that there must be some damning evidence, to get that search warrant"

    Norm,

    Your faith in the apolitical nature of the "system" is quaint. Without commenting on the politics per se, I sure wish I could share that faith.
    So many questions, so little time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    79,606

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
    "Hmmmm.... an unannounced raid... gotta mean that there must be some damning evidence, to get that search warrant"

    Norm,

    Your faith in the apolitical nature of the "system" is quaint. Without commenting on the politics per se, I sure wish I could share that faith.
    how about some faith in bobby three sticks whose reputation is thus far beyond reproach through five decades of military and civil service?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,136

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
    "Hmmmm.... an unannounced raid... gotta mean that there must be some damning evidence, to get that search warrant"

    Norm,

    Your faith in the apolitical nature of the "system" is quaint. Without commenting on the politics per se, I sure wish I could share that faith.
    Oh, but you CAN share that faith.

    All you have to do is purge your mind of all the garbage the seditious Republican Party has filled your head with since the Great Satan Ronald F Reagan ran for President.

    That's right.

    The FIRST AND FOREMOST aim of seditious propaganda is to convince people that their governmental institutions are corrupt.

    You fell for it.

    This is not to say that US governmental corruption does not exist, but to say with a straight face that the government is the enemy of the people is SEDITION.

    Plain and simple.





    Rattling the teacups.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    18,118

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    North West Arkansas
    Posts
    63,374

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Hmmmm.... an unannounced raid... gotta mean that there must be some damning evidence, to get that search warrant.
    you sound like one of jurors we would all fear... "if he's accused of it, it must mean he's guilty"
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    18,118

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Nah, PA - that's just your 'sour grapes' refluxing again.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,136

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    you sound like one of jurors we would all fear... "if he's accused of it, it must mean he's guilty"
    He sounds like an American Patriot, to me.

    He has faith in the professionalism and integrity of the FBI, and in Mueller.

    Mueller understands that this is not some trumped up, partisan garbage, but you don't.
    Rattling the teacups.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    North West Arkansas
    Posts
    63,374

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Nah, PA - that's just your 'sour grapes' refluxing again.
    so, you say he's guilty based on the warrant?
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    18,118

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Nah. I say yer full of it. Keep stirring, though - it's your one-trick pony.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,136

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    so, you say he's guilty based on the warrant?
    Not to speak for the good Doctor, but no.

    Mueller knows this is not any sort of light entertainment, if he raided Manafort's house, there is a damned good reason.
    Rattling the teacups.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    49,742

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    so, you say he's guilty based on the warrant?
    Enough cause to get a warrant. If they find something to prove his guilt, he's probably guilty PA.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    7,737

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    so, you say he's guilty based on the warrant?
    Who said guilty? That's your word.
    Nosce te ipsum

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Port Richey
    Posts
    11,234

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    So, for a judge to sign a warrant there has to be evidence that would support it.

    Wonder what that is?
    Tom

    "Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast, Ca
    Posts
    16,835

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Not to speak for the good Doctor, but no.

    Mueller knows this is not any sort of light entertainment, if he raided Manafort's house, there is a damned good reason.
    You can bet they already know exactly what they were looking for and where to find it!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Port Richey
    Posts
    11,234

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    You can bet they already know exactly what they were looking for and where to find it!
    yep
    Tom

    "Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    North West Arkansas
    Posts
    63,374

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Hillary
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Caribbean cliff edge
    Posts
    14,136

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    From the
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4ac8fcc521e1
    That bastion balanced and unbiased reporting.


    The search warrant indicates investigators may have argued to a federal judge they had reason to believe Manafort could not be trusted to turn over all records in response to a grand jury subpoena.

    It could also have been intended to send a message to President Trump’s former campaign chairman that he should not expect gentle treatment or legal courtesies from Mueller’s team.

    "they had reason to believe Manafort could not be trusted to turn over all records" guess they learnt from dealing with a certain H. R. Clinton.
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast, Ca
    Posts
    16,835

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post

    "they had reason to believe Manafort could not be trusted to turn over all records" guess they learnt from dealing with a certain H. R. Clinton.
    More likely a page from "Tricky Dick's" book. The bastion of Republican honesty.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    18,118

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Hahaha!! They're out in force, prancing (yes, prancing) around on their lil' ponies....

    You good ol' boys are soooo predictable!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Caribbean cliff edge
    Posts
    14,136

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    More likely a page from "Tricky Dick's" book. The bastion of Republican honesty.
    Well they didn't learn from that otherwise they would have pre-dawn raided H.R.C.
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    afloat with at least 6' of water under me.
    Posts
    49,742

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    Hillary
    GEEEEEZ! If you want to act dumb PA, don't let me stop you!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    6,559

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    how about some faith in bobby three sticks whose reputation is thus far beyond reproach through five decades of military and civil service?
    Clinton's long game - Billary knew they'd need a bunch of moles/agents in the very highest offices of the land 40 odd years ago and began recruiting, training, promoting, them into positions of power. As soon as one gets exposed another slides on in their place. Meuller is just one of these.
    "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible that you may be mistaken." (stolen from TomF )

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    30,633

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    What it means is that Mueller was able to present a convincing argument to a judge to issue a broad search warrant.

    No, PA, this does not presume guilt any more than if a warrant had been issued to search a suspected drug dealer's home, or a suspected murderer's home, or a suspected trafficker in child porn. It could be that Mueller was wrong. It could even be that Manafort wouldn't be the target of a prosecution in any case, but that information believed to be in Manafort's possession would be integral to a case against someone else.

    What it does mean, though, is that the guy who served with distinction as FBI director for 12 years under Presidents of each party felt convinced that he had sufficient reason to ask for a warrant, and a judge agreed. So both Mueller and the judge were convinced that there was enough smoke to justify looking for a fire.

    It may be that a side effect is that Manafort is also convinced by this action that he's not going to be subject to kid-glove treatment, but a judge will not have issued a warrant as an instrument of intimidation. You've got to know that a former FBI Director will not want to have evidence he might stumble across in that search ruled inadmissible because the warrant was obtained under dodgy and unconstitutional premises.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    18,118

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    The good ol' boys are desperate for something/someone to distract from the trainwreck that is Trump and the Republican Congress.

    They tried Obama - too squeaky clean.

    Down to their last 'pawn'.... heeheehee!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    18,118

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    What it means is that Mueller was able to present a convincing argument to a judge to issue a broad search warrant.

    No, PA, this does not presume guilt any more than if a warrant had been issued to search a suspected drug dealer's home, or a suspected murderer's home, or a suspected trafficker in child porn. It could be that Mueller was wrong. It could even be that Manafort wouldn't be the target of a prosecution in any case, but that information believed to be in Manafort's possession would be integral to a case against someone else.

    What it does mean, though, is that the guy who served with distinction as FBI director for 12 years under Presidents of each party felt convinced that he had sufficient reason to ask for a warrant, and a judge agreed. So both Mueller and the judge were convinced that there was enough smoke to justify looking for a fire.

    It may be that a side effect is that Manafort is also convinced by this action that he's not going to be subject to kid-glove treatment, but a judge will not have issued a warrant as an instrument of intimidation. You've got to know that a former FBI Director will not want to have evidence he might stumble across in that search ruled inadmissible because the warrant was obtained under dodgy and unconstitutional premises.
    Rummy, PA and BB all know this. Makes 'em uncomfortable. See how they wiggle?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    45,357

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    . . . a bunch of moles/agents in the very highest offices of the land 40 odd years ago . . .
    Please reassure me that this is sarcasm. We've been hearing claims that are almost as absurd from Trump supporters, so I wanted to make sure.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    magnolia springs, alabama u.s.a.
    Posts
    12,512

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    I am not going to say this in exactly the right way, but on NPR this week they said that Mr. Mueller had hired several experts on things like real estate law, the transfer of money from country to country, and governmental corruption and that these folks had left high paying positions with prestigious law firms to be involved in this investigation. The implication, in my mind, is that the investigation has some serious issues to look at in regard to the President's inner circle, specifically his and his family's business connections to Russian interests. The specifics mentioned were a period where Mr. Trump was coming back from bankruptcy.

    Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Caribbean cliff edge
    Posts
    14,136

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Rummy, PA and BB all know this. Makes 'em uncomfortable. See how they wiggle?
    Just to advise that you are incorrect in your assumption, as I am not 'uncomfortable' nor am I 'wriggling' for pointing out that the FBI appear to have learnt from the past when they raided Mr Manafort's house.
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alameda, CA
    Posts
    7,892

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    If they seized his laptop or iPad - there is much to mine. If he or his tried to do an exchange upon notice of investigation - those only increase the federal seek and search fury. He strikes me as a slick Willy who might have left his electronic crumb trail in obsured plain sight. Dontcha want to be a fly on that wall!
    There is nothing you can do with an ape/human hybrid. They'll rip your arm off.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Caribbean cliff edge
    Posts
    14,136

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    If they seized his laptop or iPad - there is much to mine. If he or his tried to do an exchange upon notice of investigation - those only increase the federal seek and search fury. He strikes me as a slick Willy who might have left his electronic crumb trail in obsured plain sight. Dontcha want to be a fly on that wall!
    Don't fret, time will tell.
    Enjoy a good rum on the rocks at sunset.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    6,559

    Default Re: Manafort's house was raided

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    . . . a bunch of moles/agents in the very highest offices of the land 40 odd years ago . . .
    Please reassure me that this is sarcasm. We've been hearing claims that are almost as absurd from Trump supporters, so I wanted to make sure.
    No sarcasm, but I was mistaken. It all actually started when he was smoking pot at Oxford and was recruited by Kim Philby and the Cambridge Five. But the Soviet's plan really came to fruition when they introduced Bill to Hillary and he became Attorney General, with the help of the Teamsters, of Arkansas. He used his power, influence and connections made in his capacity as Attorney General of this vital state to promote and his cabal of moles and agents with the help of George Soros and the rest of the Wall Street Libtard elite.
    "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible that you may be mistaken." (stolen from TomF )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •