Thread: Sailing along path of solar eclipse totality in South Carolina, USA

Default Sailing along path of solar eclipse totality in South Carolina, USA

Going to South Carolina from Florida to witness the total eclipse of the sun. I've noticed that at Santee, SC that the path of totality stretches across some big lakes there and there is also a very well rated restaurant there, The American Restaurant. I've come up with a wild idea of creating a picture of my birdwing mast design in the total eclipse environment. They say that along the center of the path of totality you can see the shadow of the moon coming towards you if you have a good view of the western landscape. My plan is to trailer Bernadette up there and have lunch at the American Restaurant and then launch the boat at either the Santee National Wildlife Preserve or at the Santee State Park.

I'd like to invite anyone who's interested to join me for lunch at the American Restaurant at Santee, SC sometime around noon. I'll be the guy wearing this Tee shirt:

Default Re: Sailing along path of solar eclipse totality in South Carolina, USA

Very cool idea.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

On second thought, on such a busy day, if anyone has any hope of getting lunch at the American Restaurant on August 21st, they should probably show up at 11 am rather than waiting until noon.

Just in case anyone's desperate enough for entertainment to want to meet me and my birdwinged boat at the American Restaurant 11am on August 21, my sister is kidnaping me to go with her to North Carolina to view the event so I'll be somewhere else wearing my Totality tee-shirt.

Here's what it was like on the water at the beginning of totality on Lake Nantahala, NC:

https://my.mixtape.moe/twjimb.MOV