Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45

Thread: Hiring VENT

Default Re: Hiring VENT

I saw the original post and passed it off as hyperbole used for effect. It did all of that...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Our dog HATES water. She will move ten feet away while we refill her water bucket (5 gallon bucket). When the kids swim, she will run around the edge of the pool barking at the water splashes. If anyone goes underwater, she flips out until they surface.
    She will go ankle deep in the lake, and loves to ride in the punt, but she don’t like water.
    She fell in the pool this past summer, and it was hilarious. It was like a cat fell in the water. I think she shot three feet straight up into the air. She certainly never touched the coping of the pool getting out.

But, the bath? Oh, she LOVES the bath. We put one of those rubber mats down, and she just steps over the side. She enters the water so gingerly, then lays down like the sphinx. Her little droopy dog eyes register discernible ecstasy when she lowers herself into the warm water.
    Which then instantly turns as black as coffee. Hehe.

Hey! Our dog IS camel colored!

Peace,
    Hsawgod

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    I saw the original post and passed it off as hyperbole used for effect. It did all of that...
    And then some!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

It reminded me of why Mitt Romney lost the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    OMG the level of fly spec semantics is ridiculous.

Let me attempt to make this absolutely clear. I have bathed my beloved Lucky thar Dog with a garden hose and some soapy water I selected rinse on the hand nozell and towelled dried him in the warm summer sun, and he was never chained up at the time.

What Bobby said and was subsequently removed by Scot for being cruel was that he:

"CHAINED his dog up and BLASTED it with a cold hose "

The operative difference is the cruelty in which he gloated about chaining his dog up and then blasting it with a cold hose. I like to think he was being snarky and pretending that he was the opposite of the gentle care and special treatment we give to sensitive "Fru Fru" Dog. With our temperature controlled water and hypoallergenic soaps.

Nevertheless the powers that be thought the comments were equally offensive and cruel and removed them. That should be enough evidence that he did say them and they were taken as cruelty to animals SO THEY WERE REMOVED. Yet he will lie and deny that's what he said. It's been a common pattern with this poster. His failure to own his deplorable actions while whining is his stock and trade.

funny to see you complaining about "fly spec semantics".

chained up and blasted with a cold hose. ok, even IF taken at full hyperbole face value... is that "animal cruelty"?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    funny to see you complaining about "fly spec semantics".

chained up and blasted with a cold hose. ok, even IF taken at full hyperbole face value... is that "animal cruelty"?
    Depends on the breed, the level and duration of the chaining, the temperature of the water and the pressure of the blasting. Oh and the level of gloating about doing it.

Ya know animal cruelty is one of the major signs of a sociopath and common with mass murderers. Just saying.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

If each word in that phrase is taken at its base meaning, then yes, it is animal cruelty.

if all we're talking about here is someone saying they "chained up a dog and blasted it with a cold hose" to give it a bath then i think you have gotten worked up over nothing.

That might be so, Alan, but I think that you are in the minority with that viewpoint. Apparently, Scot thought so, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post

Our dog died snd its a joke to you, no wonder i dont pixx and moan here, what does this have to do with trump.

Are you so desperate to score another one for the team.?.

Who mocks s dog dying.

you are lying again !!!

Why would i lie about our lab dying a hard terribble death.?.

You are a cruel person.
    That had nothing to do with the post in THIS thread that scot thought was animal cruelty and removed it.

We have ALL lost pets, many of us have outlived our pets it's the sad nature of the lifecycle of dogs. I've lost my beloved lab Lucky and yet I can rest easy in knowing I never once chained him up and blasted him with cold water and gloated about it.

be honest with yourself, scot removed the post b/c you whined about it. i doubt he really gave it any thought whatsoever

be honest with yourself, scot removed the post b/c you whined about it. i doubt he really gave it any thought whatsoever
    I give Scot a lot more credit than you do.
    Elect a clown expect a circus

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post

meh, i've been a moderator before on much less whiny forum than this one. i can only imagine the crap scot has to deal with on a daily basis. delete and move on. delete and move on. delete and move on.

meh, i've been a moderator before on much less whiny forum than this one. i can only imagine the crap scot has to deal with on a daily basis. delete and move on. delete and move on. delete and move on.
    Sounds like you did a poor job moderating.
    Elect a clown expect a circus

Come on joe, you were just looking to take one for the team and ran to the mods.

.this story is true and its a joke to you..

I never read anyone here gloating over a death like this.

Now im glad i never posted about my folks dying this year.
    WHAT YOU SAID and was subsequently removed by Scot for being cruel was :

"YOU
    CHAINED your dog up and BLASTED it with a cold hose "

You are now attempting to pivot to a completely unrelated sob story.

scot thought the comments were equally offensive and cruel and removed them. That should be enough evidence that YOU did say them and they were taken as cruelty to animals SO THEY WERE REMOVED. Yet YOU will lie and deny that's what you said. It's been a common pattern with YOU. Your failure to own your deplorable actions while whining is you stock and trade.

Why Whine & LIE ?

"Now im glad i never posted about my folks dying this year. "

You just did...

"YOU CHAINED your dog up and BLASTED it with a cold hose "

scot thought the comments were equally offensive and cruel and removed them. That should be enough evidence that YOU did say them and they were taken as cruelty to animals SO THEY WERE REMOVED. Yet YOU will lie and deny that's what you said. It's been a common pattern with YOU. Your failure to own your deplorable actions while whining is you stock and trade.

Why LIE ?
    Walk away Joe. Use the ignore function and walk away. He really is not worth the attention.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

"YOU CHAINED your dog up and BLASTED it with a cold hose "

Why LIE ?

True but no matter how many times he gets slapped down, the damn horse keeps rising from the dead and continues whining and lying

True but no matter how many times he gets slapped down, the damn horse keeps rising from the dead and continues whining and lying
    No one is forcing you to read or respond to the posts. That is your perversion and only yours.

Do you pick your scabs?
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Joe, stop with the threating PMs.
    OMG the lying continues. What a whining little troll.

Back on Perma ignore. I hope you stay healthy and I don't eventually regret this. I really tried after Jack's passing to take those trolls off my ignore list and give kindness a chance.

Bobbys, post the threatening PM's so we can all vilify Joe.

wait a minute... i can't find my pitchfork. and where did we put the torch fuel?

As much as I would like Bobby to ban himself, but this being Christmas and we all know reposting someone else's PM's is a no no and a bannable offense.

I'll save him from fatally committing self banning. My PM is nothing I would be ashamed to say on open forum

You KNOW what you posted and you are making **** up you should be ashamed of yourself but i suspect you arent because that the type of whiny little troll you are.
    I would NEVER threaten anyone in a PM. The Whining & Lying continues.

Joe, do you see the irony in decrying cruelty to animals, while using violent phrases like, " slapped down" and re-posting an image portraying cruelty to animals?

Go have a cuppa, maybe.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    Joe, do you see the irony in decrying cruelty to animals, while using violent phrases like, " slapped down" and re-posting an image portraying cruelty to animals?

Go have a cuppa, maybe.

Kevin
    Got ya thanks Kevin

Time for a Vespa ride and breakfast

Wait a minute... You mean to say if somebody sends me a PM that I am not allowed to post it? Really?

Or is it only nasty PM's that shouldn't be posted? If someone sends me a PM and says in it that the WBF is the best place to hang out on the Internet, can I post that?

Wait a minute... You mean to say if somebody sends me a PM that I am not allowed to post it? Really?

Or is it only nasty PM's that shouldn't be posted? If someone sends me a PM and says in it that the WBF is the best place to hang out on the Internet, can I post that?
    I don't know the rules, but it would seem to be in poor taste to post a received PM. I know it was done once by a poster I had sent one to, and it certainly got under my skin.

Oh, 2nd bowl f popcorn is done, carry on guys,,,,😉

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

that particular PM would be deemed fake news

Peb, there certainly should be reasonable courtesy protocols in use to post a PM, much like repeating something said to you during an in-person private conversation. You know, such niceties as asking permission to repeat, not repeating harmful or confidential things, etc., but a general, all-encompassing rule against posting from PM's is just wrong, IMHO.

But, hey; I don't make the rules around here.

You are now attempting to pivot to a completely unrelated sob story.
    A pathetic and irreverent diversion.
    Study Peace

At the risk of getting back to the original topic, I once heard a great idea for finding good employees. The hiring manager would always have a stack of business cards with him. Whenever he received enthusiastic service at any establishment, he would hand the person a card and ask them to call him if they were ever looking for employment. You can train most people how to do most jobs, the mechanics and techniques of the job. It is much harder to train enthusiasm and good work habits. This hiring manager would hire untrained, inexperienced, but enthusiastic people, and then train them to do the job that needed doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomRose View Post
    At the risk of getting back to the original topic, I once heard a great idea for finding good employees. The hiring manager would always have a stack of business cards with him. Whenever he received enthusiastic service at any establishment, he would hand the person a card and ask them to call him if they were ever looking for employment. You can train most people how to do most jobs, the mechanics and techniques of the job. It is much harder to train enthusiasm and good work habits. This hiring manager would hire untrained, inexperienced, but enthusiastic people, and then train them to do the job that needed doing.
    That's pretty much the approach I've taken with the new hire. Although as Pless has pointed out there is a fair amount of skill and technique that needs to be accomplished in order to do the breed cuts that this profession requires. It takes years to build that level of talent up.

I have high hope for the new apprentice and she has the opportunity to train with some pretty high end skilled teachers. I like that we have built this mentor / apprentice program, it feels right.