Thread: Re-introducing myself and a boat

Default Re-introducing myself and a boat

Hello guys! I have been here before.

I still have the sailboat project I told about earlier, just it is proceeding slow, me working alone and getting no younger. So, I made a decision a week ago.

My kids live all in south-southwest Finland, me and the lady living in the east. Visiting Raseborg (western south coast, Gulf of Finland is the water) I made a deal about a wooden motor boat. For something like under 3000 usd, in US currency. A double ender, length 7,5 meters, built 1950, engine a 22 hp Yanmar from the seventies. Anyway, the boat is five years younger than me.
    The cabin sleeps three, there's plenty of open space in the aft - and - it is seaworthy for Gulf of Finland conditions, archipelago and for crossing over to Estonia or to the east, Russian waters. (I have the visa, Russia is no problem.)

All I need is a proper compass there, some more wiring to keep the VHF alive, supposing the engine and the bilge pumps run. It has been on dry land for two years. Some paint... there's an antifoul primer on already.

Let's see what happens. I'll wink if I sink.

Antti
    ~ God bless and protect all sailors and please let them guys make boats longer than I have my skis amen ~

Default Re: Re-introducing myself and a boat

Sounds good, Antti. I was wondering why you had closed your other thread. Let's see some photos...

~ God bless and protect all sailors and please let them guys make boats longer than I have my skis amen ~

Nice looking boat !
    This is the first lesson ye should learn: There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, it doesn't behoove any of us to speak evil of the rest of us.
    E. Cayce

Yes, nice boat.

Very long ago I was in Lübeck, Germany. Ever since I fantasize about renting a car there, following the coast to Estonia, and crossing to Finland.

http://eesti-viikingid.ee/estonian-vikings/

He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?

Nice to have you back onboard! I like double enders! More pictures please!
    Jay

He-hee :P
    They have nice boats in Estonia. This one in Pärnu.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/518586...posted-public/

Updating:
    Boat "Leia" is paid, registered and moved to my son's for over winter. Probable home port Ekenäs (Tammisaari) in Raseborg. Not far from Hangö (Hanko), the southernmost port in Finland.
    Engine Yanmar 2QM20 from year 1977. The hull is from 1950. Healthy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/518586...7684641094243/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/518586...7684641094243/