Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-Sabotaging Democrats?

Default Self-Sabotaging Democrats?

I'm inclined to agree. Too many people willing to make the perfect the enemy of the good.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...ws&date=080417
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Default Re: Self-Sabotaging Democrats?

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

What are their platforms? Free college, free healthcare, and open bathrooms? And tax the rich?
    Rich = anyone who has a job.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    What are their platforms? Free college, free healthcare, and open bathrooms? And tax the rich?
    LOL!

Gobbledygook!
    Rich=2% of the population who hold 60% of the wealth! You know that!

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Counting their money!

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)
    It's odd that you would quote Kennedy when you clearly do not understand him. Kennedy and his brothers all felt that from those who have more, more should be asked. They had wealth, but they did not believe in shifting the tax code to benefit those who have the most. They believed that the rich should pay more so that the poor could be helped.

Your empty rhetoric about free college, free healthcare, open bathrooms, and all the other nonsense is just the mindless repetition of a parrot. If you really understood these issues, you would not combine things that are in fundamental disagreement with each other. You are wasting electrons by posting this nonsense.

It'll be interesting if the many, many liberals on this forum can do what the conservatives, aside from two or three here, are incapable of. Self-reflection, the ability to see that the old way will not work, the ability to evolve and break free from special interests and pet social agendas that are only meant to attract those that won't look at the deeper issues to the cause. Clintonian liberalism was only truly meant to serve Wall Street, it was only courting the social opposition to conservatives, not because they believed they should serve the greater good, but because they needed votes. The Dems talk out of both sides of their faces just as bad as the Republicans do.

If you, David and all, want to continue to marginalize those that are intelligent enough to see past the sly grin of Hillary's "public face", you will see that we wholly reject you. Don't think for a second that we'll sit quietly while the rest of you financially rape us, the reach around just, isn't worth it. You all rail against the blind sheep that bleat lustfully at Trumps destruction of the state and then expect us to fluff your candidate? That's elitist and insulting and I and many won't do it.
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz

And the silence from the left, when they're criticized, is just as deafening as the lunacy from the right when they're criticized.... Telling.
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    And the silence from the left, when they're criticized, is just as deafening as the lunacy from the right when they're criticized.... Telling.
    OK, just one quibble: You were criticizing the Establishment Democratic Party, NOT the 'left'.

I think it is high time that the Left actually had a Party, anymore.

I think that once Bob Mueller gets done with the Republican Party, the Establishment Democrats will rush in to fill that void, just as they have been chasing the Republicans rightward for decades.

We need a new Party, once the Ds become the Right-Of-Center Party they so yearn to become.
    Rattling the teacups.

We're all left; some are farther than others, none of us very far. The differences between us are infinitesimal compared to the differences with the cruel destructive fools that now control the Republican Party and the presidency. When we take power again is the time to quibble about the good and the best. And if we're going to do that, Mike and those who think like him are going to have to get over Hillary Clinton.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

democrats suck
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Seriously, they're all talk - no action, won't show up at the polls, don't give money to liberal political causes; they just sit on their asses complaining about guns and rich white people. Democrats don't deserve to be in power. They're a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    And if we're going to do that, Mike and those who think like him are going to have to get over Hillary Clinton.
    No Clinton should ever be allowed to represent our party again. Her faults outweigh her virtues. The fact that anyone is incapable of seeing new choices and new directions is exactly what is at fault with the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    Seriously, they're all talk - no action, won't show up at the polls, don't give money to liberal political causes; they just sit on their asses complaining about guns and rich white people. Democrats don't deserve to be in power. They're a joke.
    There is truth in that. The multitude of separate priorities cripples the party.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    No Clinton should ever be allowed to represent our party again.
    2020! It ain't like the dims got anybody else. . .

needs to do something about that lazy eye though, talk about the tragic flaw. . .

Last edited by Paul Pless; 08-05-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Whoa dude..........
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

The hell we don't!

Here is a radical idea: Let's run someone who has done something!?

I quite agree about Clintons not running anymore, and I liked Hillary Clinton and thought she would have made a good president. Too much baggage, too many people dislike them too intensely for either good or bad reasons, and there are plenty of alternatives.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

We're all left; some are farther than others, none of us very far. The differences between us are infinitesimal compared to the differences with the cruel destructive fools that now control the Republican Party and the presidency. When we take power again is the time to quibble about the good and the best. And if we're going to do that, Mike and those who think like him are going to have to get over Hillary Clinton.
    There is very little difference between the Democratic party and the Republican party. As oznabrag just commented: the Democrats have been chasing the Republicans to the right. It is not about "Too many people willing to make the perfect the enemy of the good." It is about "We only have to do a little bit better than the Republicans."

When Democrats can see a difference in the economic condition of people at the median and those at twice the median, they will much closer to working toward "the good." When Democrats can see a difference in the public schools between poor schools and rich schools, they will be much closer to working toward "the good."
    Life is complex.

and I liked Hillary Clinton and thought she would have made a good president
    hear that? that's me sticking my finger down my throat and gagging myself

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    There is very little difference between the Democratic party and the Republican party.
    Citizens United - If you need big money to get elected, you can't afford to be different.

Both Obama and Sanders did well with smaller donors, but it won't change until we learn to elect an army of politicians who will actually represent the citizens instead of the money.

hear that? that's me sticking my finger down my throat and gagging myself
    I just knew you were a Trumpeter..........
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Now I'm wondering how many posters actually read the article. Some of y'all don't appear to have. And some may just be sneakily attempting to offer themselves up as examples of the sort of faulty thinking that holds us back.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by jack grebe View Post
    I just knew you were a Trumpeter..........
    Go away troll

Did that last post need a smiley?

No Clinton should ever be allowed to represent our party again. THEIR faults outweigh THEIR virtues. The fact that anyone is incapable of seeing new choices and new directions is exactly what is at fault with the party.
    ftfy

...Both Obama and Sanders did well with smaller donors, but it won't change until we learn to elect an army of politicians who will actually represent the citizens instead of the money.
    Nope. It won't change until you guys actually DO something to help the people you purport to represent, as opposed to Wall Street and Insurance co.s, when you're in power...

Respectfully; no.

~seanz

Let's not heap on the BS. reeps on the forum have gone to ground because they can't defend without looking like an idiot or troll. Your "self reflection" is total head spinning crap.

i read the article. Good. I take exception to Georgia's opinion of Pelosi. New Jersey, New York and California love her. We pay the bills. I agree the Dems have work to do.
    Last edited by Boater14; 08-05-2017 at 11:04 AM.

I give to the ACLU and I gave to both Sanders during the primary, and Clinton during the general. I've given up on gun control but it's true, I complain about rich white men. I write my representatives weekly or bi-weekly and I vote. I guess you were talking about Ozna. :P

~seanz

needs to do something about that lazy eye though, talk about the tragic flaw. . .

I threw up a little in my mouth.

~seanz

I quite agree about Clintons not running anymore, and I liked Hillary Clinton and thought she would have made a good president. Too much baggage, too many people dislike them too intensely for either good or bad reasons, and there are plenty of alternatives.
    Now, was that so hard to say? Out of curiosity; why couldn't you see that during the primaries? I was just as true then.

~seanz

Quote Originally Posted by Boater14 View Post
    Let's not heap on the BS. reeps on the forum have gone to ground because they can't defend without looking like an idiot or troll. Your "self reflection" is total head spinning crap.
    I wish you were right. But sadly, you are woafully and hopelessly wrong. An example of how your opinion is ridiculous; look who is in office, who controls both houses. For people like you, self-reflection is most needed; or are you one of those Wall Street Dems and not a true liberal?

~seanz

Both Obama and Sanders did well with smaller donors, but it won't change until we learn to elect an army of politicians who will actually represent the citizens instead of the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by B_B View Post
    Nope. It won't change until you guys actually DO something to help the people you purport to represent, as opposed to Wall Street and Insurance co.s, when you're in power...
    I am with B_B on this.

I have noticed that the citizens want the same as people with money want. They both want to keep what they have and not share it with those toward bottom. That is a mistake for the Democrats as the Democrats would like the votes of those toward the bottom.
    Life is complex.