Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56

Thread: Make white power american great again

Default Re: Make white power american great again

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Your inability to grasp the issue should cause you to simply delete this post.

The article I am familiar with has nothing whatsoever to do with 'immigrant workers'. The article deals with 'guest workers', some of whom have been working on Martha's Vineyard for 20 years and more.

The ISSUE is that your Darling Leader has revoked the 'grandfather clause', so to speak.

The policy used to be that if you were a documented guest worker one season, your return for the next season was almost guaranteed.

The 'quota' used to be for ADDITIONAL guest workers.

Now, the 'quota' means ALL guest workers.

There is no shortage of such guest workers. The shortage is between the ears of your fabulous hero.
    Guest workers. Immigrants. There is little difference. At least for me. I don't see value in using either type of low cost labor. You seem to have a different view.

I don't have a leader. Perhaps that is my problem.

Your bolded text seems to be at odds with the article. As well as other articles.
    Life is complex.

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Not shot, but hit in the back of the head with a baton. Hands in the air, I asked why I was being detained, and WHAM! Did you know a skull can break?

Peace,
    Robert
    I once went through Bakersfield also...

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    Guest workers. Immigrants. There is little difference. At least for me. I don't see value in using either type of low cost labor. You seem to have a different view.

I don't have a leader. Perhaps that is my problem.

Your bolded text seems to be at odds with the article. As well as other articles.

There is no shortage of workers.

There IS a shortage of brains in the current administration.
    Rattling the teacups.

This is a great time in the increasing consumer demand for organic fruits and vegetables to raise labor costs by improving working conditions in agriculture and wages by preventing illegal labor and thereby forcing investment in the tools, machines, and environment to make the jobs better. I see it in articles about small North Eastern organic farms. It would be done in California if their supply of low cost workers with less than the rights of American citizens were cut off.
    "Never get out of the boat." Apocalypse (Then)

Quote Originally Posted by Wmemlo View Post
    Heck, you can watch a few episodes of cops and say that the cop could have de-escalated the situation. There IS a problem. And it does need to be addressed. But then, I'm confused, so...maybe I was hit on the head when the cops in Kansas pulled me over and searched my car with my 5 yo daughter in it.
    Where you wearing a sombrero? Something must have tipped them off!

Quote Originally Posted by Landrith View Post
    This is a great time in the increasing consumer demand for organic fruits and vegetables to raise labor costs by improving working conditions in agriculture and wages by preventing illegal labor and thereby forcing investment in the tools, machines, and environment to make the jobs better. I see it in articles about small North Eastern organic farms. It would be done in California if their supply of low cost workers with less than the rights of American citizens were cut off.
    Well, some of my friends are leading the charge in the movement. CSA type cats, and real family farms. Big ones, too. My friend, for example, grows 500 acres of raisin grapes for Sun Maid under contract.
    He and his family.

Also, check out some of the California farm worker legislation. Some of the recent stuff. We have some decent laws forcing employers to treat people like humans.

One really cool local guy is Ted Willey. http://tdwilleyfarms.com/how-we-farm/ This is his farm and CSA. He's not a friend, but a friend of friends, you know? He's like the guru of how to do it successfully.

Peace,
    Robert