Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Make white power american great again

Default Re: Make white power american great again

Quote Originally Posted by Wmemlo View Post
    Some folks know that you can have a welfare state, or open borders, but not both.
    Well put !

But you'll never hear a Democrat say it.

Unrestricted immigration also means the end of open space, to say nothing of bio-diversity. You'll never hear a Republican or a Democrat say that. The D's can pretend to give a S, the R's can't even pretend.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Well put !

But you'll never hear a Democrat say it.

Unrestricted immigration also means the end of open space, to say nothing of bio-diversity. You'll never hear a Republican or a Democrat say that. The D's can pretend to give a S, the R's can't even pretend.
    You'll never hear a Democrat advocate for open borders OR a Welfare State.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    You'll never hear a Democrat advocate for open borders OR a Welfare State.
    They sort of stumble up to it, then stumble around it, all the while pretending not to see. It's implicit in many of their arguments. They'd be more successful if they openly disavowed.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?

Let me be clearer.

Ted Cruz was born in Calgary, to American parents. Barack Obama, even if he was born in Kenya (which he wasn't, btw) was the son of an American citizen mother. Yet his citizenship was never more than a wee blip on the screen. Why not?

I would be fascinated to hear why we ought to discount the actual racist statements and actual personal connections to racist groups by senior members of Trump's administration should be thought irrelevant. Context, eh?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

They sort of stumble up to it, then stumble around it, all the while pretending not to see. It's implicit in many of their arguments. They'd be more successful if they openly disavowed.
    Poppycock.
    Rattling the teacups.

Actually, I think it is TOO generous. Different perspectives and all that. Assimilate? In the past? Yes. Now....maybe? Dunno. Doesn't always look that way to me and others. Seems more like a lot of folks want to come here and get the bennies of America without really being American. That's a legitimate debate that could be had, if the screams of racism weren't sucking up all the air.

As to Hillary, you can claim anything you want. I've seen enough quotes from '08 to say she (or more likely, as no one ever said Bill/Hill weren't cunning, a surrogate) may or may not have planted the seed in her primary fight with Barack, but she certainly watered it a bit. And yes, there were plenty of nutbars on the right who ran with it. I was never one of them. He was an American...legally. End.

That's a legitimate debate that could be had, if the screams of racism weren't sucking up all the air.
    and yet, who plays the race card first? the mostest?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Let me be clearer.

Ted Cruz was born in Calgary, to American parents. Barack Obama, even if he was born in Kenya (which he wasn't, btw) was the son of an American citizen mother. Yet his citizenship was never more than a wee blip on the screen. Why not?

I would be fascinated to hear why we ought to discount the actual racist statements and actual personal connections to racist groups by senior members of Trump's administration should be thought irrelevant. Context, eh?

I recall quite a bit of Cruz birtherism sillimess during the primary, so from here it looks like attempts to undermine a candidate in order to defeat them rather than any racism.

And please provide a quote or two, if you would. I don't care for racists (the real, not the new definition that includes pretty much everyone except the select on the left). Something clear, and that doesn't require semantic gymnastics and biased preconceptions to twist it into racism. Because a lot of the racism claims I see seem quite specious. Saying "I think Obama was a bad president", for example, is not racist. But I would argue some would scream to high heaven that only a racist would utter it. Most of the racism I hear these days comes out of folks like BLM, not the republicans.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    and yet, who plays the race card first? the mostest?
    I'd say that would be self evident, but what is self evident to folks on the left and folks on the right seems to be different. Who throws the accusations?

I recall Cruz being asked about whether he was "natural born," but with nothing like the intensity we saw in the prior 8 years. No, I'm afraid it was racism.

Gorka? Clearly, the man himself vehemently denies any connections to Hungarian far right groups, and claims that the medal from such an organization which he wore to the Inaugural Ball was his father's, and that he wore it out of respect. Others disagree, even including three top ranking members of the organization itself. Gorka himself led a nationalist political party in Hungary, and in a 2007 interview on Hungarian television, supported the joint creation by his party and Jobbik (a strongly right wing nationalist and anti-Semitic party) of the Hungarian Guard. A group which was subsequently banned by the Hungarian government for threats to minority groups, and condemned by the European Court of Human Rights for trying to promote an "essentially racist" legal order. If you have troubles with this characterization of the Hungarian Guard, might I recommend watching the documentary Keep Quiet, now on Netflix, by another of its founders, Csanad Szegedi. It describes Csanad's own transformation and shock from alt.right militant when he discovered that his grandmother is Jewish ... but please bear in mind that this organization - the Hungarian Guard - was what Sebastian Gorka described helping to found in that Hungarian TV clip linked earlier in this post.

So. How about Miller? You can do your own research. It will lead you back to his time as a high school student, writing columns which had a recurrent focus on race - especially Hispanics, apparently.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I recall quite a bit of Cruz birtherism sillimess during the primary, so from here it looks like attempts to undermine a candidate in order to defeat them rather than any racism.

And please provide a quote or two, if you would. I don't care for racists (the real, not the new definition that includes pretty much everyone except the select on the left). Something clear, and that doesn't require semantic gymnastics and biased preconceptions to twist it into racism. Because a lot of the racism claims I see seem quite specious. Saying "I think Obama was a bad president", for example, is not racist. But I would argue some would scream to high heaven that only a racist would utter it. Most of the racism I hear these days comes out of folks like BLM, not the republicans.

Mike
    Mike - I might be inspired to enter the conversation with examples, but I need to know first what you regard/accept as meeting the definition of racism. Must it be blatant (That lazy n***** doesn't belong in the White House)? Or can it be veiled, dog-whistle type? How obvious must it be, in other words, before you will recognize it? Maybe some examples to show us where - to you - something ceases being 'racism', and is instead 'political correctness' or some other thing. For the purposes of this exercise, I'll unquestioningly accept YOUR definition. But please do make it a reasonable one - as we might have a later thread addressing its aptness.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Poppycock.
    Like I say, they never come out and state their position because it's contradictory on its face. But it's implicit in what they do say. E.g. "This country was built on immigrants" without more implies that immigration should be unrestricted.

Like I say, they never come out and state their position because it's contradictory on its face. But it's implicit in what they do say. E.g. "This country was built on immigrants" without more implies that immigration should be unrestricted.
    Oh, stuff and nonsense!
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Mike - I might be inspired to enter the conversation with examples, but I need to know first what you regard/accept as meeting the definition of racism. Must it be blatant (That lazy n***** doesn't belong in the White House)? Or can it be veiled, dog-whistle type? How obvious must it be, in other words, before you will recognize it? Maybe some examples to show us where - to you - something ceases being 'racism', and is instead 'political correctness' or some other thing. For the purposes of this exercise, I'll unquestioningly accept YOUR definition. But please do make it a reasonable one - as we might have a later thread addressing its aptness.
    Mike - were you looking for a serious conversation... or were you just blowing off steam?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

That's a lovely straw man, but not very useful except to keep crows away (and not even much good for that; crows are smart). Nobody favors unrestricted immigration the way it was in 1885, when if you showed up in New York on a ship from Germany you could come ashore without too many questions, get on a train for Wisconsin, and settle down. (You couldn't if you were Chinese and landed in San Francisco even then, but leave that aside.) Those times are gone.

The argument now is about how immigration should be restricted, whether more or less is desirable and from where, and what we should do with the folks already here unofficially. Some people favor more restriction, some less. If somebody says "This country was built on immigrants" it likely means they favor less restriction. Nobody favors no restrictions. ('nobody' meaning almost nobody, and nobody who isn't a crackpot). 'Open borders' is not a serious option; it's nothing but a propaganda phrase used by the anti-immigration right.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    'Open borders' is not a serious option; it's nothing but a propaganda phrase used by the anti-immigration right.
    Just so. Right up there with Pro Abortion.
    Rattling the teacups.

Just so. Right up there with Pro Abortion.
    and antigun?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Antigun is a bit more accurate.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

I think Globalist/Statists/Leftists are the racists. It is almost all built on the idea that government must be used to prevent people in China from obtaining the level of individual consumerism the West experienced. Ideologically, they are organized around the principle that property/wealth/energy use by humans is immoral. The racism comes into focus where they try to impose limitations geographically.
    "Never get out of the boat." Apocalypse (Then)

Quote Originally Posted by Landrith View Post
    I think Globalist/Statists/Leftists are the racists. It is almost all built on the idea that government must be used to prevent people in China from obtaining the level of individual consumerism the West experienced. Ideologically, they are organized around the principle that property/wealth/energy use by humans is immoral. The racism comes into focus where they try to impose limitations geographically.
    Brain tumor? Stroke? Medication problem? Or possibly a lifelong problem? What cause incoherence?

Hill., Obama.
    BINGO

Cant' do without them.

The argument now is about how immigration should be restricted, whether more or less is desirable and from where, ...
    You seem to skip the only issue of merit for many: the economic effect of immigration.

It seems many people want to have immigrants do the jobs that current citizens will not do for the pay offered. It seems many want to have immigrants start companies that employ current citizens and provide profits for current citizens. Both of those seem to ignore the effects on the country that the immigrants leave. One the face it seems that the argument is that we get to exploit the immigrants or the countries they come from.

I do understand some immigrants and temporary workers send money home. That seems to be a decent economic argument for allowing immigrants and temporary workers.
    Life is complex.

The argument now is about how immigration should be restricted, whether more or less is desirable and from where, and what we should do with the folks already here unofficially.
    "How" it should be restricted, as in, on what moral grounds, is the issue, which is absent from the discussion on both sides, on the left because of soft-headedness, and on the right because of bigotry. This being so, I use the term "open borders" to describe the left position, because if all they're talking about is health quarantines, criminal records, and so forth, then, once those problems are dealt with, there can no restriction on immigration, because there is no moral basis for it. They must open the borders when they run out of objections.

"How" it should be restricted, as in, on what moral grounds, is the issue, which is absent from the discussion on both sides, on the left because of soft-headedness, and on the right because of bigotry. This being so, I use the term "open borders" to describe the left position, because if all they're talking about is health quarantines, criminal records, and so forth, then, once those problems are dealt with, there can no restriction on immigration, because there is no moral basis for it. They must open the borders when they run out of objections.
    I'm not following.
    Rattling the teacups.

I'm not following.
    Suppose there are an infinite number of would-be immigrants.

Everyone agrees the ones with some communicable diseases ought to be turned away (hypothetically; I don't know of any current health barriers to immigration); and then the worst of the criminals, money launderers, etc. So all those are excluded. What of the rest?

The right says, exclude on grounds of language, culture, resistance to assimilation, disloyalty, etc. These things are bigotry, overt and covert, but at least they are a second category of reasons, beyond the health and crime.

The left says what, beyond the health and crime? Nothing? Then, in practical effect, it's open borders. They run out of reasons to exclude.

Everyone agrees the ones with some communicable diseases ought to be turned away (hypothetically; I don't know of any current health barriers to immigration); and then the worst of the criminals, money launderers, etc. So all those are excluded. What of the rest?

The right says, exclude on grounds of language, culture, resistance to assimilation, disloyalty, etc. These things are bigotry, overt and covert, but at least they are a second category of reasons, beyond the health and crime.

The left says what, beyond the health and crime? Nothing? Then, in practical effect, it's open borders. They run out of reasons to exclude.
    You couch this in terms of their being a moral imperative to have 'closed borders'.
    Rattling the teacups.

You couch this in terms of their being a moral imperative to have 'closed borders'.
    You can justify a liberal immigration policy on many levels, but at some point don't you have to consider potentially negative effects? Is it wrong to consider what the negatives might be, and institute policy accordingly? ( Don't go off on me now, I used to have a green card )

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wright View Post
    You can justify a liberal immigration policy on many levels, but at some point don't you have to consider potentially negative effects? Is it wrong to consider what the negatives might be, and institute policy accordingly? ( Don't go off on me now, I used to have a green card )
    Not my point at all.

I was pointing to OR's argument, and saying that he seems to be postulating that there is a moral imperative to have 'closed borders'.

Not just a 'liberal' immigration policy, EVERY immigration policy.

We can move on to negatives, etc. in due time, but I would very much like it if Mr. Russell would elucidate.
    Rattling the teacups.

Not my point at all.

I was pointing to OR's argument, and saying that he seems to be postulating that there is a moral imperative to have 'closed borders'.

Not just a 'liberal' immigration policy, EVERY immigration policy.

We can move on to negatives, etc. in due time, but I would very much like it if Mr. Russell would elucidate.
    I didn't think that was his point at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought his real intent was to get someone to focus on additional reasons that might validly exclude some individuals. It's a complex subject with all sorts of existing rules and regulations and spotty enforcement. I think he wants to see you address and consider some additional reasons for exclusion, above the ones he has mentioned.

Affidavit of Support

Mike - were you looking for a serious conversation... or were you just blowing off steam?
    Mike???
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I didn't think that was his point at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought his real intent was to get someone to focus on additional reasons that might validly exclude some individuals. It's a complex subject with all sorts of existing rules and regulations and spotty enforcement. I think he wants to see you address and consider some additional reasons for exclusion, above the ones he has mentioned.
    I'm not seeing it.

He posted this as a hypothetical defense of the assertion that 'liberals' want 'open borders', and that once one runs out of reasons to turn immigrants away, then what is left is 'open borders'.
    Rattling the teacups.

Not as an end in itself, but as an aspect of population control. If you're against population control, why are your borders closed?

The fundamental issue is population control, which is fundamentally a moral issue.

We got two new kittens last week. Were going to get just one but Animal Control was having a two-for-one special. $30 to neuter, microchip and immunize them both. This is coming, for humans. The idea of the government running it is basically a nightmare. What's the alternative? Only a higher culture, or more mature, if you will.

Not as an end in itself, but as an aspect of population control. If you're against population control, why are your borders closed?

The fundamental issue is population control, which is fundamentally a moral issue.

We got two new kittens last week. Were going to get just one but Animal Control was having a two-for-one special. $30 to neuter, microchip and immunize them both. This is coming, for humans. The idea of the government running it is basically a nightmare. What's the alternative? Only a higher culture, or more mature, if you will.
    Birth rate, age and other demographic factors are important. Some nations need young immigrants to keep the economy turning over. In the UK the Govt Stats show that immigrants are a big net benefit to the economy's cash flow.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Affidavit of Support
    The other reasons are trivial next to population.

In a tariff/protectionist free world, immigration would go both ways. I myself am long past needing to permanently relocate to a developing nation. But the enlightened Left leaning communitarians fronting for David Rockefeller's deindustrialization and take down of America are not ever talking equality. They need to limit development in the Third World out of some Eco rationalized racist paternalism which when you scrape away the false Science always leads back to making Oil more precious than diamonds in furtherance of the robber baron scheme it was born out of: The late Robert Fitch and The Assassination of New York: the loss of manufacturing was not accidental
    April 22, 2011 http://atlanticyardsreport.blogspot....nation-of.html

So I can't escape the technocrat control here designed to keep any wealth or jobs from being created and the globalist control of our "trading" and security partners kept me from being able to relocate when I still had the youth and some of the funds to do so (but not Canada, Australia, or New Zealand-not qualified).
    Last edited by Landrith; 08-08-2017 at 11:12 PM.
    "Never get out of the boat." Apocalypse (Then)