Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keyhavenpotterer has passed .

Default Re: Keyhavenpotterer has passed .

What a wonderful eulogy, thank you for the perspective. Know that Brian was among so many friends and admirers here because of all the wisdom and passion for boats he shared with us. After all my obsessive reading of every thread on sail and oar boats, I regularly bring up his discussion of them in Peter's Selway Jim thread as the most balanced comparison.

All the best to you and your Mum, Dan

Edward, I lost my father Hugh back on March 1st. I know how it hurts. Same as you I take comfort knowing he's in peace now. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Pass them on.
    Take Care,
    Steve W

Honeoye Falls, New York
    Building a B & B Core Sound 20 Mark III "Jazz Hands"
    Spindrift 11N Suzy J Build Pictures
    A little video of the Suzy J and my youngest son

Thank-you again to all for your thoughts and best wishes. I'll share two last photos I've found because I know Miss Marta, a black and cream Lymington River Scow was his most favourite boat he had, and brought him alot of pleasure and success.

On reflection, right here at this moment, Dad was peaking - just retired not having to work relatively dead end jobs to clear his mortgage, spending days out sailing and racing all summer.

Last edited by Edward Pearson; 08-04-2017 at 05:47 AM.

I have only just read of Mr. Person's passing. He always had something interesting to say and added to my enjoyment of the forum. My condolences to his family and friends. - John

Brian was such a supporter then I was just getting myself into design and building for fun and then for business. It meant a lot and still does. Thanks to him and his family.
    Clinton B. Chase
    Portland, Maine

http://tinyurl.com/myboats

He was my friend.
    Fair winds Brian.

Just re-reading email correspondence with Brian from a year and a half ago, he was still plotting how to get out on the water one way or the other, we talked about lightweight SOF and inflatable options and talked also about a trip to Croatia with family, wanting to paddle some of the coast.

He was a big help with advice at the time I was putting carbon spars on my GIS. It amazes me that in the whole world two people interested in putting a carbon yard on a lug sail could get together on a discussion of the finer points of doing so. His experience fleet racing with a lug rigged dinghy gave him a unique perspective on what worked.

We talked also of our families and experiences bringing them to a love of the outdoors, he talked of appreciating what you have in the moment, often we don't recognise the best times till much later.

Thanks, Edward for your writing here and pictures of your father, it helps greatly to round out the picture of him and his life.

Ian

He had a great eye for small boats and I got a lot out of his many posts on this forum. I'm sure they will be valued for many years

Only now reading this having just returned from holiday. I knew Brian was ill but am still smitten by this news. I remember well the weekend day in November 2014 I spent with him talking boats and cycling in the area near his house when I was in the vicinity for work.

He has contributed much here and elsewhere with his deep knowledge of lug rigs and has entertained us (at least me) by his enthusiasm for new designs.

He will be missed.

My sincere condolences to all who knew him, but of course especially his family.

Edward, I missed this thread as, like Joost, I was away on holiday with family and away from the Forum. He will definitely be missed around here. I always admired his enthusiasm for small boats and his willingness to discuss and try new designs. Condolences.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Edward, thank you for these wonderful images. Your father's wit and wisdom will be greatly missed here. Such a wonderful tribute. My condolences to you and your family.