Thread: Second Special Counsel

Default Second Special Counsel

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Default Re: Second Special Counsel

I'm not that enthused. I think they're looking for cover with the voters that will be incensed from their efforts to take down Trump, a member of their own party.

There was no real urgency, but now suddenly they need to look into this stuff?

Smells like desperation...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Perhaps they could appoint St Jude?

Somewhere between Murder and Suicide, there is a place called Merseyside.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Smells like desperation...
    And with this:https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...of_russia.html

The idea that Russia was trying to help Trump win kinda goes out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Here's a clue: Hillary Clinton lost the election She isn't the President.
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

Man, they're sure getting nervous, aren't they? Look! Squirrel!!

Any time now it will be Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! Benghazi!! again.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Here's a clue: Hillary Clinton lost the election She isn't the President.
    She's all they've got. They might even salt the 2020 primaries to get her nominated again…………..

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    She's all they've got. They might even salt the 2020 primaries to get her nominated again…………..
    Terrifying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Nah. It might look like that from the other side of the planet, but only because of news filters. While I'm no better at predicting the future than any other mortal, I'd bet a lot that Ms. Clinton's career in politics (at least running for elected office) is completely over. (Bernie Sanders, OTOH, appears to be developing a bit of a Messiah complex, and may give it another try.) There's plenty of talent on the bench that can come out now.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

It was always on the cards that, when thing started to look really grim for Trump's administration, they would go back to attacking Hillary and Comey. It's all deflection, smoke and mirrors.
    Somewhere between Murder and Suicide, there is a place called Merseyside.

I wonder if Al Gore's new movie will elevate his status for another run. One could see how his Environmental activism could appeal to many of the Bernie followers, especially if paired with promises to deliver a bill on Universal Health Care.

It would be a mistake IMO to once more go to the past for leaders rather than choose a definitively "new" generation. But Gore's got name recognition, for all that he's also got baggage. I could see the DNC defaulting to Gore, and replicating the Hillary Clinton loss meme.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

While the unmaskers and leakers were working in hiliary's favor, they were Obama's aides.