Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: New headliner fabric used a polyester tablecloth.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    2,486

    Default New headliner fabric used a polyester tablecloth.

    Replaced the beat up old headliner on the exterior by the doors.
    I used a polyester white tablecloth from walmart. Polyester is durable fabric.
    Sewed the edges over, stapled on with SS staples.
    This material will unravel after being cut, so the edges need to be hemmed over.
    I burned the hole for the wires where the light sits with a soldering gun, that melts the fabric so it wont shred.
    It is harder than it looks! I think it looks good.

    Next, I need to get some tiny SS screws to attach the wood trim, I got the large one tight as a drum.

    Also plan to spray with Scotchgard fabric protector to repel stains and dirt.





    Tough to get this shot


    This little one was hard to staple into that small space
    Last edited by sdowney717; 07-26-2017 at 07:06 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •