Thread: What do we have to do?????????

Default What do we have to do?????????

To keep A Mish outta the political threads?

I mean really, next he will be doodling family crests and political posters.......

We all need to reach across the isle and nip this atrocity in the bud......
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Default Re: What do we have to do?????????

reds' war on the First.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

This is a very weird thread.

Peace,
    Robert

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

Quote Originally Posted by jack grebe View Post

I mean really, next he will be doodling family crests and political posters.......

What isle ya wanting to reach across? The Emerald one?

Quote Originally Posted by jack grebe View Post

What atrocity?

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    This is a very weird thread.

Peace,
    Robert
    Yes it is.

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

What do we have to do to get Jack to explain this thread? That's the real question...
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Yeah, I don't know.

I'm surely not dumb, though I play one on teevee.

I simply choose to use this forum as a means to make friends with far flung like minds I might never otherwise meet. I simply engage in the type conversations I enjoy or find fruitful in this bizarre medium.

No way could I ever articulate the depths of my thoughts and mind on a board such as this. Chuckle all you wish, as I ponder the infinite, and the fact we are all bonded through this interface. You think electrons can't travel through space and over wires? Feel that tingling in the back of your head? That's me.

Hehe.

Peace,
    Spaced Out Hippy

Don't be disheartened, Rob. I'll hang out with a spaced-out hippy over a political iconoclast any day.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Don't be disheartened, Rob. I'll hang out with a spaced-out hippy over a political iconoclast any day.
    Hehe. Far from.

Shoot, Brother, I appreciate the kind words, and the friendship. Please know it is fully reciprocated.
    If all things go as all things go, we may even have a reason to meet face to face one day, eh? Beyond the simple desire to enjoy real human contact, I'm mean, eh? Hehe.

I have received so much support and friendship from this forum. It is overwhelming, really, and the thing that keeps me returning most. So many wonderful people are here, eh?

I hope I can make them all realize it.

Peace,
    Robert

P.S. A little about me. My type of hero.
    Youngest son and I are reading Harry Potter books. There is a frumpy mother character in the series. A laughable, workaday, smiling, nice, weak seeming lady.
    Who, once provoked, becomes as menacing a witch as ever was seen, and strikes with terrific precision and deadly force.
    And then, as quickly, back to mom.

I am weary of fighting. Why? Lots of practice. Really, Mr. McGee, you don't want to see me when I'm angry.

Reading Harry Potter to the sprog will be an excellent primer for the next series, starting with The Hobbit and then to The Lord of the Rings. I started reading The Hobbit to Gwyn a month before she turned three, and finished The Silmarillion with her Just before she turned six. She remarks on the experience often now, twenty years later.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Reading Harry Potter to the sprog will be an excellent primer for the next series, starting with The Hobbit and then to The Lord of the Rings. I started reading The Hobbit to Gwyn a month before she turned three, and finished The Silmarillion with her Just before she turned six. She remarks on the experience often now, twenty years later.
    We have a problem with repeats around here. A big problem.

For instance, given the choice, they would most likely take Wind in The Willows, with voices.
    Or Watership Down.

No. I did not do voices with Tolkien the first go round, and I ain't fitting to start now.

Peace,
    Robert

P.S. He's a wee bit older, too. Old enough to read along most of the words, but still young enough to fall under the spell of good reading, especially in character. Yes, I will toot my own horn. I am a master of the cold read, and if I know the piece... Well, let's say I have some papers what indicate I can be convincing in relating a story by speaking another person's words, from memory...
    The early years with this one were so much Curious George (aka Monkey George) and Dr. Seuss. Thankfully, no Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Zow! Who put the good stuff in this coffee cup?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

We have a problem with repeats around here. A big problem.

For instance, given the choice, they would most likely take Wind in The Willows, with voices.
    Or Watership Down.

No. I did not do voices with Tolkien the first go round, and I ain't fitting to start now.

Peace,
    Robert

P.S. He's a wee bit older, too. Old enough to read along most of the words, but still young enough to fall under the spell of good reading, especially in character. Yes, I will toot my own horn. I am a master of the cold read, and if I know the piece... Well, let's say I have some papers what indicate I can be convincing in relating a story by speaking another person's words, from memory...
    The early years with this one were so much Curious George (aka Monkey George) and Dr. Seuss. Thankfully, no Thomas.
    Read Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea books. A Wizard of Earthsea is just so very much better than Rowling's stuff.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Read Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea books. A Wizard of Earthsea is just so very much better than Rowling's stuff.
    I will try. Youngest Son is not much enamoured of fantasy. The wizards have little effect on him. And zero on me. Sorry.
    Quadzilla is the fantasy/sci fi guy, and it is only through him, and work (ahem) I have had,any exposure to fantasy and sci fi.
    I'm not really, at all. Really movies and theatre are the worst. I can rarely sit through a play or movie. Arrgh!

Incidentally, I only read the Harry Potter at all because our nephew wanted a set of the books, but I couldn't see buying him books I knew nothing about.
    I checked them out from the library and read them in one go. They are kid books, to be sure, but it's quite a fantastic world, and engages the young mind quite well. I would know.

Peace,
    Robert

Atrocities have buds?
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    Atrocities have buds?

Not only was that Out Of The Park, that may be the only home run to also be a K.O., a T.K.O., both kinds of strike, every kind of goal, and a touchdown. And a try. And a perfect 10.

Peace,
    Robert

I will try. Youngest Son is not much enamoured of fantasy. The wizards have little effect on him. And zero on me. Sorry.
    Quadzilla is the fantasy/sci fi guy, and it is only through him, and work (ahem) I have had,any exposure to fantasy and sci fi.
    I'm not really, at all. Really movies and theatre are the worst. I can rarely sit through a play or movie. Arrgh!

Incidentally, I only read the Harry Potter at all because our nephew wanted a set of the books, but I couldn't see buying him books I knew nothing about.
    I checked them out from the library and read them in one go. They are kid books, to be sure, but it's quite a fantastic world, and engages the young mind quite well. I would know.

Peace,
    Robert
    The Earthsea books are only tangentially about wizards and magic and etc. Mostly they're about what it means to be human. That becomes more and more overt the further you go in the series - though that then makes one take a step back and re-read the earlier books more thoughtfully. First time through, book 1 in particular seems on the surface like a standard issue adventure about a young person coming of age. But on more reflection, it isn't.

There's an old saying: "If I'd had more time, I would have written a shorter book." LeGuin, artist that she is, wrote shorter books. Most anything of hers is a treasure, IMO, but the Earthsea world is among her finest.

What are atros and what kind of city do they live in? Are they Floridians?
    Hands too small: Can't build his Wall!

Frayed Knot Arts: Fancywork and Rope Jewelry
    http://www.frayedknotarts.com.html[

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Brennan View Post
    What are atros and what kind of city do they live in? Are they Floridians?
    The Astros live in Houston there like 66-33 having a great year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith porter maine View Post
    The Astros live in Houston there like 66-33 having a great year.
    And their farm team plays in the adjacent city. Go Grizzlies/Tacos!

Peace,
    Robert

And their farm team plays in the adjacent city. Go Grizzlies/Tacos!

Peace,
    Robert
    My second favorite national league team the Cardinals come in first cause I loved Ozzie, and the 80' s small ball they played.