Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump This, Trump That, Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump!!!!

Default Trump This, Trump That, Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump!!!!

I'm sick of it....... I would rather talk about be hemorrhoids or old surgery fed Christ sake......
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Default Re: Trump This, Trump That, Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump!!!!

I must say Jack that the Trump saga is far more entertaining, threatening and improbable than any fiction Hollywood could dream up. In fact if it had been written as fiction it would have been regarded as far too improbable to be a success as a film having portrayed the country in such bad light. OTOH comedians the world over are having a field day.
    And anyway, who, other than 'The Joker' character, could you cast as Donald?
    Last edited by skuthorp; 07-21-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Default Re: Trump This, Trump That, Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jack grebe View Post
    I'm sick of it....... I would rather talk about be hemorrhoids or old surgery fed Christ sake......
    Then don't talk about it.

I think its OK to talk about Trump, but all the attacking and false statements about Trump is a little too much.

But then again the constant attacks from Dems when people try to express their opinion is how the Reps got a majority in the House, Senate and got Trump elected.
    So Dems please keep it up.

Hey, Jack, don't open Trump threads.

If you guys wouldn't have supported this a$$hole and his clown show we wouldn't have to talk about him. You guys made a mess, now the rest of us have to clean it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    If you guys wouldn't have supported this a$$hole and his clown show we wouldn't have to talk about him. You guys made a mess, now the rest of us have to clean it up.
    you cannot shift the blame to the right of your radical position
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

I'm sure you would prefer Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe!!!
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! Cole Porter

Damn what a whiner

………………..Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe Grebe………………….

If someone had submitted a film script about someone resembling the Orange One gaining the POTUS crown that script would have been derided as impossible and disrespectful to the USA and the office of President.

The reality is even more so.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Com'on Mr. Grebe, you know this site leans left. The left is still upset about the election, and some on the extreme left despise our current president. I'm none too fond myself. But hatred becomes a subjective involvement which taints the hater. The hater obsesses about the object of their hatred to the point where it takes over large parts of their energy and passion. I hear the same thing when I from time to time tap into the right. These passionate extremes are natural, but usually not very productive.

Personally, politically(if I'm going to engage a topic at all) I try to: listen, to both sides of the argument, figure out the substance on both sides, and look at myself and my own ideological blinkers so the argument can be evaluated with some dispassion. Frankly, I often don't succeed. Lately politics has become so absurd that I usually don't give it more than a cursory look.

"Tend your own garden." Voltaire

I'm also a great believer in the world's issues being resolved one individual at a time. If enough individuals can confront the oppositions in themselves, find in those opposites a sort of Hegelian dialectical way forward in a third vision of the problem in themselves, then a way forward will develop collectively. The problem with a Hegelian dialectic is that rather than a peaceful synthesis(it's never completely peaceful individually or collectively) it can become a critical mass!

I had the strong feeling the other night, while I was cooking dinner, that this political stew we've cooked up here in my beloved United States is not going to end well. Too many seem distracted by the issues rather than grounded in them. Our nascent dive into "cyber-world" isn't, currently, doing much to assuage those distractions, but rather seems to be increasing them. That's no way to run a psyche! Before Henry Ford very few people died in car wrecks, did they? New technologies always have a dark side. However, computers ain't cars, are they? My hope for the light side of the technology, which I see happening regardless of the cyber-silliness you see on line, is that it will help us talk, really talk to each other, with some better wisdom. Except in my occasional dark moments, I know we can.
    So many questions, so little time.

I'd prefer to read about your hemorrhoids that what else you've got to say on the subject.
    Study Peace

I understand how drip drip drip can mess with folks.

I too would prefer that all of the criminality was laid out on the table, rather than having this bit about Sessions' chats with Kysliak, that but about Russian loans from mobsters, the other bit about Jr's meetings to recieve Russian sourced dirt on Clinton, etc come out inexorable and slow.

Apparently, Trump doesn't want the transparency though, so the 4th Estate has to do its job. As it did during Watergate.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Buyers remorse.

Yeah. From the secret shopper.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by jack grebe

" Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy. You in America will see that some day."

" The truth is that men are tired of liberty."

-- Benito Mussolini

Quote Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
    Com'on Mr. Grebe, you know this site leans left. The left is still upset about the election, and some on the extreme left despise our current president.
    For good reason, Jack.... but it's not about having lost the election. I was exceptionally disappointed when George W. Bush won, in 2000..... but the man came into office and acted like a President. I didn't agree with him, but he didn't shame and embarrass the country, acting like a petulant whining child, and ignoring the issues in favor of hucksterism.

But hatred becomes a subjective involvement which taints the hater. The hater obsesses about the object of their hatred to the point where it takes over large parts of their energy and passion.
    Remind us of how Hillary Clinton was treated by the right.
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    For good reason, Jack.... but it's not about having lost the election. I was exceptionally disappointed when George W. Bush won, in 2000..... but the man came into office and acted like a President. I didn't agree with him, but he didn't shame and embarrass the country, acting like a petulant whining child, and ignoring the issues in favor of hucksterism.

Remind us of how Hillary Clinton was treated by the right.
    Norman, you ought to know already that if hilly were switched with trump on your hate list that she would be all you talked about... obsession is just obsession... you're eat up with it (to coin a phrase)
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    but it's not about having lost the election.
    That's becoming a comical statement but it does allow Baggers to ignore what has occurred in the past 6 months and for some of them more hardened in the belief that SCROTUS is kingly.
    Study Peace

Norm,

If you read my post carefully you'd have seen that I said the right does it too. I was so disappointed with both the candidates this last cycle: Hillary, crooked as a barrel of snakes and slippery as a bucket of eels, Trump a narcissistic buffoon, is how I couched it. A dispassionate look at the two characters bears that out. I wrote in a vote for Hal, the computer from "2001".

Your posts on political issues are some of the few I actually open from time to time. They are usually well thought out; a cut above. That said, a bit obsessive in their quantity. Just my opinion.

What do you think of my psychological model of what is going on, that if enough people turn away from the confusion of "the ten thousand things" and back to the root of our troubles, the individual psyche, it will have a transforming effect? It is, after all, ultimately what landed us where we landed last November.

Norm,

If you read my post carefully you'd have seen that I said the right does it too. I was so disappointed with both the candidates this last cycle: Hillary, crooked as a barrel of snakes and slippery as a bucket of eels, Trump a narcissistic buffoon, is how I couched it. A dispassionate look at the two characters bears that out. I wrote in a vote for Hal, the computer from "2001".
    Sorry, Jack, but you're trying to draw a false equivalence. Yes, Hillary was a particularly bad candidate... but trying to equate her with Trump is absurd in the extreme... there is simply NO possible way, based upon temperament, experience, and personal style, that Hillary would have been ANYTHING like Trump is. The reason you're seeing so much anti-Trump posting here ought to be blatantly obvious: he behaves in a manner that would have been utterly inconceivable for any other President, and in a manner that has caused America to lose respect in most of the developed world. He is an embarrassment to this country. Even the Presidents I didn't approve of, like George W. Bush, knew how to deport themselves on the world stage.

Hillary and Trump are NOT the same... not even remotely.

Your posts on political issues are some of the few I actually open from time to time. They are usually well thought out; a cut above. That said, a bit obsessive in their quantity. Just my opinion.
    I appreciate that... but I'm only speaking my mind here.

What do you think of my psychological model of what is going on, that if enough people turn away from the confusion of "the ten thousand things" and back to the root of our troubles, the individual psyche, it will have a transforming effect? It is, after all, ultimately what landed us where we landed last November.
    Fine, as a commentary on idealism. As for me, I prefer to concentrate on the real world. I'm a pragmatist and realist, not an ideologue.
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    you cannot shift the blame to the right of your radical position
    Firstly, he's not being radical on either side of the spectrum and speaking what even Republican are thinking isn't radical either. You're angry PA because YOU voted for him and can't defend the nutcase!

i am starting to think Australia has the right idea with compulsory voting. In Canada we are blessed with a Liberal majority government that only received something in the order of 39% of the popular vote. Trudeau Jr had promised to change the first past the post system but it seems to have dawned on him that, if he did that, he would not have a majority government. Guess what, another promise broken.

Norm,

I never said they were the same. Without rehashing the details, the choice was between a supreme egoist/narcissist and a corrupt southern style pol. Not much of choice!

As to idealism v. reality, that isn't what I was aiming at either. What needs to be realized, in as many individuals as possible, is the reality of the psyche(Greek soul). It is the foundation upon which all outer activity, the corrupt and the ideal, rests. I know this turns much current thinking on its head, in large part because that thinking is based on Freudian principles which view the psyche as an epi-phenomenon of the physical. I don't have the inclination to try to convince anyone just now, but the opposite is in fact true. What happens in our lives outwardly stands rooted in the psyche. We are, in fact, spiritual beings having a physical experience.

"Whatever remains unconscious is lived out as fate."

C.G. Jung

"Bring forth what is within you, and what is within you will save you. Fail to bring forth what is within you, and what is within you will destroy you."

apochryphal saying of Jesus

And a classic from a Buddhist friend."Don't bother questioning authority until you've questioned reality."

If you are interested, I recommend a book. "Ego and Archetype" by Edward Edinger.

All good wishes to you,

Jack

Norm,

I never said they were the same. Without rehashing the details, the choice was between a supreme egoist/narcissist and a corrupt southern style pol. Not much of choice!

As to idealism v. reality, that isn't what I was aiming at either. What needs to be realized, in as many individuals as possible, is the reality of the psyche(Greek soul). It is the foundation upon which all outer activity, the corrupt and the ideal, rests. I know this turns much current thinking on its head, in large part because that thinking is based on Freudian principles which view the psyche as an epi-phenomenon of the physical. I don't have the inclination to try to convince anyone just now, but the opposite is in fact true. What happens in our lives outwardly stands rooted in the psyche. We are, in fact, spiritual beings having a physical experience.

"Whatever remains unconscious is lived out as fate."

C.G. Jung

"Bring forth what is within you, and what is within you will save you. Fail to bring forth what is within you, and what is within you will destroy you."

apochryphal saying of Jesus

And a classic from a Buddhist friend."Don't bother questioning authority until you've questioned reality."

If you are interested, I recommend a book. "Ego and Archetype" by Edward Edinger.

All good wishes to you,

Jack
    Where have you been?! Oh, kindred spirit...

I struggle daily with myself. You cannot give what you do not have, eh?

Peace,
    Robert

Ish, you aren't talking about reality, you're talking about physiological differences that I feel, is above 98% of those here. Myself included. Heck, I barely know who Jung or Freud was.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Firstly, he's not being radical on either side of the spectrum and speaking what even Republican are thinking isn't radical either. You're angry PA because YOU voted for him and can't defend the nutcase!
    I make no attempt to defend the guy

I make no attempt to defend the guy
    You can't but, you'd think someone who voted for him would.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    You can't but, you'd think someone who voted for him would.
    I've already told you guys many times that hilly was the reason I voted the way I did... blame it on the DNC

You have no idea how pleased I would be if I never heard, read, wrote, or thought about the guy ever again. In fact, if he were to be instantly squirted out of our space-time continuum like a watermelon seed, I would rejoice.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    You have no idea how pleased I would be if I never heard, read, wrote, or thought about the guy ever again. In fact, if he were to be instantly squirted out of our space-time continuum like a watermelon seed, I would rejoice.
    the word "rejoice" contradicts the first part of your paragraph

I thought this was a thread about a bridge tourney gone sour.

Peace,
    I Know. I'm Fired.

Thanks Ishmael! I've held the belief for ages that every problem great and small comes back to individual action and thus individual motivation. I'm convinced that our current battle between the competitors and the cooperators is really a reflection of each persons humility and acceptance of self; these traits foster peace and harmony. In most ways we all follow similar trajectories as we age and interface with the world; self awareness being the giant exception. My individual action to try to guide my interaction towards commonality. I think I'm hovering around the Mendoza line with that.

Now back to the pitchforks!

Mike

the word "rejoice" contradicts the first part of your paragraph
    So happy, first part, is just as appropriate as rejoicing PA. Think about it! Secondly, it's a sentence, not a paragraph based on your post and Keith's.
    Last edited by S.V. Airlie; 07-22-2017 at 10:52 AM.