Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is there no Grand Jury investigating collusion and conflict of interest?

Default Why is there no Grand Jury investigating collusion and conflict of interest?

Took these so-called Congressional Committees a month to figure out Trump was lying about the Comey tapes. That's because the Committee members are partisan politicians.

A Grand Jury asks a judge for subpenas. If the judge issues them, and you want to get cute, you can tell it to the judge.

The grand jury's theoretical function against abuse of executive power was seen during the Watergate crisis in America, in United States v. Nixon, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 8 to 0 on 23 July 1974 (Justice William Rehnquist who had been appointed by Nixon recused himself from the case) that executive privilege applied only to the co-equal branches, the legislative and judicial, not to grand jury subpoenas, thus implying a grand jury constituted protections equaled to a "fourth branch of government". The second Watergate grand jury indicted seven lawyers in the White House, including former Attorney General John Mitchell and named President Nixon as a "secret, un-indicted, co-conspirator." Despite evading impeachment, Nixon was still required to testify before a grand jury.

Similarly, in 1998, President Clinton became the first sitting president required to testify before a grand jury as subject of an investigation by the Office of Independent Counsel. The testimony came after a four-year investigation into Clinton and his wife Hillary's alleged involvement in several scandals including Whitewater and the Rose Law Firm. Revelations from the investigation sparked a battle in Congress over whether or not to impeach Clinton.

-- wikipedia
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    This will be great if we get it done and if we don't get it done it's going to be something that we're not going to like and that's OK and I can understand that. -- DT

Default Re: Why is there no Grand Jury investigating collusion and conflict of interest?

"Took these so-called Congressional Committees a month to figure out Trump was lying about the Comey tapes. That's because the Committee members are partisan politicians."

are YOU partisan?
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Default Re: Why is there no Grand Jury investigating collusion and conflict of interest?

No, Phillip - he's patriotic, and believes in the rule of law.

You know that - but you're partisan.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    are YOU partisan?
    We are ALL partisan... including you.

However, violating the law isn't a partisan issue.
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

not a good defense guys... I'm not partisan... which of course makes me partisan from your point of view
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

"Took these so-called Congressional Committees a month to figure out Trump was lying about the Comey tapes. That's because the Committee members are partisan politicians."

are YOU partisan?
    Depends on the context. Were you ever on jury duty?
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    This will be great if we get it done and if we don't get it done it's going to be something that we're not going to like and that's OK and I can understand that. -- DT

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen
    not a good defense guys... I'm not partisan...
    HAAAhaahaahaahaahaahaaHAAAhaahaahaahaahaa!!!

Good one! Thnx for the laff!
    " Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy. You in America will see that some day."

" The truth is that men are tired of liberty."

-- Benito Mussolini

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    No, Phillip - he's patriotic, and believes in the rule of law.

You know that - but you're partisan.
    not a good defense guys... I'm not partisan... which of course makes me partisan from your point of view
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    HAAAhaahaahaahaahaahaaHAAAhaahaahaahaahaa!!!

Good one! Thnx for the laff!

His humor is subtle.... so much so, even he doesn't catch it, sometimes!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Why??????? cause there is nothing there....... It only exists in the minds of the left.
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

His humor is subtle.... so much so, even he doesn't catch it, sometimes!
    It's the Dunning-Kruger kicking up again.

LMAO
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Jack Grebe: Your attempt to outdo PA at absurdist humor is doomed to failure. You are attempting to outdo a master.
    " Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy. You in America will see that some day."

-- Benito Mussolini

Quote Originally Posted by jack grebe View Post
    Why??????? cause there is nothing there....... It only exists in the minds of the left.
    My mind couldn't create names like Veselnikskya or Goldstone. So I'm glad that Donald Jr. invented those for us, and whatever Russian help they travelled to Trump Tower to peddle to Jr, Manafort and Kushner.

Now you're not trying to get me to believe that Trump Jr. is a lefty, eh?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I suspect the outcome coming as a result of Robert Mueller's investigation is going to blow Jack Grebe's mind... as well as the other Bilge Trump apologists and 21st century Republicans. I suspect a grand jury will be eventually be established with indictments to follow.

Have some patience people! We are only 6 months into this criminal presidential administration. I know that it seems like 6 years....

-- Benito Mussolini

He's already being groomed to distrust Mueller as a Dem hack. Alternative facts are just as good as the real thing, if what you really want is to believe what you want to believe.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Jack Grebe: Your attempt to outdo PA at absurdist humor is doomed to failure. You are attempting to outdo a master.
    Having them both on ignore is so much better.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

Who cares what Trump is groomed to believe? I suspect REALITY is going to eventually smack Trump in the mouth.

-- Benito Mussolini

Oh, I meant that Jack's being groomed to believe garbage about Mueller. By the time the charges are laid, the Grebe-friendly media will have him believing that Mueller roasted his own grandmother over a bed of coals, and served a good sized portion to Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot
    Having them both on ignore is so much better.
    They are. But I peek unapologetically. You are depriving yourself of much amusement!

-- Benito Mussolini

It's not trump who's being groomed. He believes whatever crosses his mind at any particular moment. It's The Base, his al Qaeda that's lapping up the alt-facts.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Quote Originally Posted by TomF
    Oh, I meant that Jack's being groomed to believe garbage about Mueller. By the time the charges are laid, the Grebe-friendly media will have him believing that Mueller roasted his own grandmother over a bed of coals, and served a good sized portion to Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by John of Phoenix
    It's not trump who's being groomed. He believes whatever crosses his mind at any particular moment. It's The Base, his al Qaeda that's lapping up the alt-facts.
    LOL!

Works either way. I have no doubt the Bannonites and Kushnerites in the White House are constantly involved in grooming Trump. Of course, that simply involves indulging his deviant instincts.

-- Benito Mussolini

Who tp put in jail? Every GDS Repug the police can lay their hands on, that's who. Ain't one of them who'll vote against their repugnant POTUS.

They are. But I peek unapologetically. You are depriving yourself of much amusement!
    I was once at a college football game and there were three clowns on the running track beyond the end zone. They were hanging out together. The stadium held 70,000 plus people...the team was eventual national champion...and the three clowns found each other in the crowd and were hanging out together. Such it is with our local trolls. And the green one even tries to be funny, but if you tell him that he is not, then he will take that as proof of just the opposite.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

Ignore is for the weak........

What silliness.
    bccphalarope(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    having them both on ignore is so much better.
    lmao.........

I hope you are sitting down when the big hammer drops on your hero, Trump.
    Rattling the teacups.

... I'm not partisan...
    Ba-dum-tish
    He'll be here all week folks! Don't forget to tip the waitstaff.
    "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible that you may be mistaken." (stolen from TomF )

Who™?
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

are YOU partisan?
    Not a hint of partisanship in my corner.
    Fair and Balanced

Yes it is and weaker still are those that claim to use it but really don't.
    Fair and Balanced

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Depends on the context. Were you ever on jury duty?
    Can you bring yourself to say?

I am on the Scaffolding Committee. Looking forward to the show. Cheers/ JC

Pretty... slick.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Who™?
    Speaking of weak.........

Who?
    Rattling the teacups.