Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't call 911 in Minnesota,

Default Re: Don't call 911 in Minnesota,

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    Institute a "Barney Fife" rule; any cop suspected by his or her superiors of inappropriate use of a firearm is given a choice between dismissal (or retirement), or serving out his or her career UNARMED. They might carry a weapon, but no bullets.
    I LOVE the "Barney Fife Rule". Andy allowed him to carry but he had ONE bullet kept in his shirt pocket. It gave that much needed time for refection
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    pajamas can be very life threatening
    Depends on who's wearing them.
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz

Quote Originally Posted by CK 17 View Post
    Why make this an immigrant thing?
    I'm not the one who did it... whoever pointed out the guy's original home did it
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Seems Noor was already under investigation. Hs being sued for false imprisonment involving taking someone to hospital he believed was mentally impaired.
    Mentally impaired eh?
    I think that being used to Australian police reactions made her less careful around American police than a local would be. She actually trusted them, tragic.

I could send my wife out to meet the responders to a 911, with me in the role of backup. If an officer shoots my wife, I could put a 30cal bullet thru the c---sucker's head. The other cop would do well to just put both hand up.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    If Landrith's post #25 is half true you have lost the country already.
    Don't Landrith's posts #25 and #31 seem to be at odds with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Because we should just accept that it's okay for police to shoot first, ask questions later?
    No, we shouldn't accept it. However, that's the way it is. The courts have given the cops wide latitude to kill and accept their justification for it. Common sense would say if you report an intruder/assault, don't go outside where you can be confused as an intruder. I don't like it, but that's our new reality.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    I could send my wife out to meet the responders to a 911, with me in the role of backup. If an officer shoots my wife, I could put a 30cal bullet thru the c---sucker's head. The other cop would do well to just put both hand up.
    Statists , big government Blue Staters view your willingness to protect your family as a bad thing. Minnesota and Illinois are not the place to enjoy the fullness of human potential and equality. Both Kansas and the now Red State Missouri allow no license required conceal carry. Public spaces in Kansas have to jump through hoops to retain their gun free zone postings. The banksters want us arrested for using a Shillelagh or Cricket bat on a burglar in our home, like in UK. Our will must be broken, they need to impose a state monopoly of force. This is why the loving Obama Administration was providing its agencies with paper shooting targets of pregnant women and children https://www.rt.com/usa/women-childre...-practice-623/
    "Never get out of the boat." Apocalypse (Then)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wright View Post
    And now post #43 confirms derangement.

Seems Noor was already under investigation. Hs being sued for false imprisonment involving taking someone to hospital he believed was mentally impaired.
    Mentally impaired eh?
    I think that being used to Australian police reactions made her less careful around American police than a local would be. She actually trusted them, tragic.
    yes, trusting is a mistake
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wright View Post

If you recall the various teams of officials during the Ferguson demonstrations, the traditionally Democrat urban City of St. Louis representatives had a much more professional approach to handling the demonstrators than the Ferguson City council or the state police and governor's men, to the point that when it had become totally insane and Democrat Senator Claire McCaskill's Tanks and Armored vehicles previously provided the Ferguson police along with more than a year of federal training to provoke and overwhelm citizen uprisings with black clad storm troopers had failed, the Democrat Governor gave over control on the ground to the St. Louis police. By then, it was largely too late.

A country where there are mass shootings every day, and nothing is done about it. A country that praises its soldiers who dropped napalm on Vietnamese villages. A country with teenagers who walk into schools and murder infants which elects a deranged, narcissist as president because he promises to do nothing about it. Why are we surprised when these paranoid idiots shoot yet another innocent person just because she was seeking help? There is no hope for this country until it realises just how sick it is.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    A country where there are mass shootings every day, and nothing is done about it. A country that praises its soldiers who dropped napalm on Vietnamese villages. A country with teenagers who walk into schools and murder infants which elects a deranged, narcissist as president because he promises to do nothing about it. Why are we surprised when these paranoid idiots shoot yet another innocent person just because she was seeking help? There is no hope for this country until it realises just how sick it is.

Rick
    There is no way in the fake news environment here to build consensus for rational solutions in the interest or American citizens. If you turn off CNN and know that we were shooting up school busses full of kids in Northern Pakistan as recently as last year (interfering in the elections of over 80 countries), that ISIS (ISIS White helmets at the direction of our intelligence agencies had to round up the kids and bus them to the gas attack they staged to again create a pretext to overthrow Assad in Syria) is usually being strategically and sometimes tactically controlled by US service members and intelligence agency employees, or that our federal government agencies and political parties are unable to break their ties to the drug distribution revenue that has led to the terrible gang violence deaths in Chicago and the sharp rise in overdose deaths nationwide, you have to be shunned because the mass media is merely a willing bribed tool of the violence. Even National Petroleum Radio, NPR.

Woah…………… maybe Landrith wasn't the best person to quote after all………………….

More than grains of truth there but likely (hopefully) way overcooked………..

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    I won't even attempt to defend the cop; in this case that's impossible, but I'm going to toss a rock into the beehive.

When guns are more or less ubiquitous, this is the near-inevitable result. When anyone may have a pistol in their glove compartment or their purse or their kitchen drawer, every time a cop makes a traffic stop or answers a 911 call, his life is at risk. He never knows when the next person he deals with on the job will have a gun, a couple of loose screws, and a thing about police. Every cop knows this, many of them know somebody it happened to, and shooting first and asking questions afterward is at least partially the result of rational calculation - particularly when they'll probably get away with it. You goddamned fools with your Second Amendment gun fetish, this is the country you made. I hope you like it.

OTOH, this cop may not get away with it. He's one Mohamed Noor, a Somali-American. The deceased was white, female, a meditation and yoga teacher, and it happened in a very ritzy neighborhood in SW Minneapolis where I probably couldn't afford to live. Far less risky to shoot poor young back men.
    Seems a bit of a stretch to be blaming the 2nd amendment before we know the facts of the case. It'd be informative to know the victims reaction upon encountering the cop, and more about his background and history.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Woah…………… maybe Landrith wasn't the best person to quote after all………………….

More than grains of truth there but likely (hopefully) way overcooked………..
    Sorry if I have seen all this before. I remember the upstart in Driving While Black traffic stops during the Clinton Administration. The nightly news made it seem like local police forces were hopelessly racist and it fed into the the argument for a stronger federal control over local police agencies by verifying a 1960's civil rights era bias in viewers that the states could not be trusted to protect the rights of their citizens. Unfortunately I knew that the federal government was providing state troopers with training grants and specific instruction that caused many of the incidents complained of then. Kansas State Troopers were instructed by the Feds to park with their bright lights on shining into cars driving past and to stop African Americans and Hispanic appearing minorities to search for drug traffickers. This shocked me then, later I learned that it was part of a larger policy to keep control of narcotics in the hands of the cartels cooperating with our federal government and utilizing the approved transport means (like the Ford car trunks from the factory in Mexico is the news recently). Go ahead and shun this information. Doing so is the opposite of ending the violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Seems a bit of a stretch to be blaming the 2nd amendment before we know the facts of the case. It'd be informative to know the victims reaction upon encountering the cop, and more about his background and history.
    attacking the 2nd is the mime da jour

Just read that he shot her from the passenger seat of the patrol car.
    We don't know how lucky we are....

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    I won't even attempt to defend the cop; in this case that's impossible, but I'm going to toss a rock into the beehive.

When guns are more or less ubiquitous, this is the near-inevitable result. When anyone may have a pistol in their glove compartment or their purse or their kitchen drawer, every time a cop makes a traffic stop or answers a 911 call, his life is at risk. He never knows when the next person he deals with on the job will have a gun, a couple of loose screws, and a thing about police. Every cop knows this, many of them know somebody it happened to, and shooting first and asking questions afterward is at least partially the result of rational calculation - particularly when they'll probably get away with it. You goddamned fools with your Second Amendment gun fetish, this is the country you made. I hope you like it.

OTOH, this cop may not get away with it. He's one Mohamed Noor, a Somali-American. The deceased was white, female, a meditation and yoga teacher, and it happened in a very ritzy neighborhood in SW Minneapolis where I probably couldn't afford to live. Far less risky to shoot poor young back men.
    As usual, Keith nails it.

What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by CK 17 View Post
    Sounds like an accident. Did this happen outside, sounds like it did. If you do call 911, best stay in your house till the cops sort it out. That's what I would do.
    An "accident"?? For heaven's sake, if you are a professional dealing with a gun you shouldn't just "have accidents".

Especially when the ''accident" involves firing multiple shots across in front of your partner and through the car door whilst he is talking to the person who called them in who is wearing pyjamas.

Accidentally drew his gun, shot the woman several times under his partner's face as he accidentally switched cameras off. Obviously an accident.

Rick

I thought the Baltimore case of putting the handicap man in the back of a van with no seat belt and driving him until he was beaten to death from sliding around resulting in innocent verdicts for the police involved https://www.theatlantic.com/news/arc...timore/488420/ was the point where America turned the corner. We are going to be just like what our masters want us to be and those that say the wrong thing or are uppity in the presence of the armed representatives of the state will get the mobile Death Van, just like Communist China, the model for censoring news and social media. See Stop the War on Baltimore Now is the time for Mayor Rawlings Blake to put an end to Baltimore police militarization. By Dante Barry MAY 6, 2015 https://www.thenation.com/article/stop-war-baltimore/

The disease is happening here now……….. And this an announcement of prospective legislation I doubt will get through.
    The overkill has frightened some of his own horses.

ps….., the PM's polling is low as and a war isn't an option…..yet.

There is provision for such cooperation now, but in a recent crisis the police thought they could do it better, and the personnel likely could. The senior management not so, they didn't have the bottle to OK action and inter service rivalry meant specially trained military units were left idling about. Two people died.

Quote Originally Posted by seanz View Post
    Just read that he shot her from the passenger seat of the patrol car.
    of course, that means across his fellow officer

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Accidentally drew his gun, shot the woman several times under his partner's face as he accidentally switched cameras off. Obviously an accident.

Rick
    couldn't have said it better myself

The disease is happening here now……….. And this an announcement of prospective legislation I doubt will get through.
    The overkill has frightened some of his own horses.

ps….., the PM's polling is low as and a war isn't an option…..yet.

There is provision for such cooperation now, but in a recent crisis the police thought they could do it better, and the personnel likely could. The senior management not so, they didn't have the bottle to OK action and inter service rivalry meant specially trained military units were left idling about. Two people died.
    Was it a case of "not having the bottle to OK action" or was it a case that being human beings, they were reluctant to take action that could have killed people?

Okay, there were two tragic deaths, but imagine if they'd tried to pick the gunman off, failed, and seen him shoot everyone. There's no easy answers and perhaps insulting people for a lack of "bottle" isn't the best way to look at it.

..............this is so F'#@&d up.
    No matter how you look at it, any change for the better in US society is going to hurt, and if it continues in the current trajectory it's going to get real messy.....

As for Malcolm in the Middle's photo op, I hope he gets such a kick up the backside over this single episode that It will never be repeated by any dick head poly.
    I honestly thought he had more of a clue!!
    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

An Australian politician with a clue? I think that's an oxymoron. Ours are just as stupid as the US' but slightly less dangerous. Give them time though - they're trying to match their idols.

Rick

So much for ever visiting the USA !!!
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

My son is over there now...... I think he might be safer in Mexico!!!
    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

Good Luck, tell him to avoid the cops in ALL circumstances !
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Especially when the ''accident" involves firing multiple shots across in front of your partner and through the car door whilst he is talking to the person who called them in who is wearing pyjamas.
    poor choice of words on my part, should have said misinterpreted the situation as life threatening. In any event, jury's have repeatedly failed to convict cops under similar circumstances.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

So all Minneapolis cops wear cameras, eh? Why were these two at the scene not turned on? Are the cops under orders to turn them on? Were the two cops on the scene in violation of orders to have their cameras on? The cops have yet to be interviewed yesterday because they were "still meeting with their attorneys". Isn't that nice. The cops are lawyering up.

Maybe Minneapolis Police Commanders should go out and exchange pleasantries with as many of their cops as they can locate, then next day call them in one by one and ask them to share the body cam video of their meeting.

I believe I read that more than one shot was fired; that would be multiple shots fired out the left hand window from the right seat, across the face and chest of the driving officer. Consideration of that leads me to amend my "Barney Fife Rule" proposal to have each and every cop prove effective marksmanship using only two bullets. Failing that, said officer would not be permitted to carry bullets until his or her shooting skill improves.

This idea that a cop may fire all nine rounds in their magazine at one hapless perp is nuts. Bullet magazines are for gunfights where a cop might have to engage multiple targets, all returning fire. Engagements with a single armed perp should require only two rounds.