Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't call 911 in Minnesota,

Default Don't call 911 in Minnesota,

The police are likely to shoot the complainant to solve the problem

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...in-minneapolis

US police officers have shot dead an Australian woman who reportedly called 911 after hearing a noise near her home in Minneapolis.
    Minnesota’s public safety department said a woman was shot in Minneapolis after two officers responded to a callout about a possible assault on Saturday at 11.30pm local time. The police officers did not have their body cameras turned on.

Default Re: Don't call 911 in Minnesota,

What "training" do american "police" actually get?
    Bald, ugly, not too bright but incredibly sexy in an unattractive sort of way....

Quote Originally Posted by doorstop View Post
    Iraq or Afghanistan.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

How to turn off the body camera.
    Someday, I'm going to settle down and be a grumpy old man.

Quote Originally Posted by P.I. Stazzer-Newt View Post
    How to turn off the body camera.
    Why to want to?
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

How to work the computer on the console with their right land while driving with their left hand?

Shoot first, ask questions later!

Kill them all and let God sort'em out!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

I saw that... makes me feel bad
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

This makes my blood boil!
    Will

Yeah. This is awful.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

When cops win what,90% of the court cases involving killing someone they figure that wearing blue means they have impunity. This one made the news because she was white and a foreigner.

Fear God
    Honour the Queen
    Shoot straight
    Keep clean.
    Hands too small: Can't build his Wall!

Frayed Knot Arts: Fancywork and Rope Jewelry
    http://www.frayedknotarts.com.html[

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    When cops win what,90% of the court cases involving killing someone they figure that wearing blue means they have impunity. This one made the news because she was white and a foreigner.
    Foreign is news. White would have been enough.
    He's a Mexican. -- Donald Trump.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey
    It wasn't racism, it was an attack on Christianity. -- Fox News
    This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?

Now, now... I'm sure the cop feared for his life.
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

She was wearing pajamas PA!

pajamas can be very life threatening

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Iraq or Afghanistan.
    Exactly!
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

I won't even attempt to defend the cop; in this case that's impossible, but I'm going to toss a rock into the beehive.

When guns are more or less ubiquitous, this is the near-inevitable result. When anyone may have a pistol in their glove compartment or their purse or their kitchen drawer, every time a cop makes a traffic stop or answers a 911 call, his life is at risk. He never knows when the next person he deals with on the job will have a gun, a couple of loose screws, and a thing about police. Every cop knows this, many of them know somebody it happened to, and shooting first and asking questions afterward is at least partially the result of rational calculation - particularly when they'll probably get away with it. You goddamned fools with your Second Amendment gun fetish, this is the country you made. I hope you like it.

OTOH, this cop may not get away with it. He's one Mohamed Noor, a Somali-American. The deceased was white, female, a meditation and yoga teacher, and it happened in a very ritzy neighborhood in SW Minneapolis where I probably couldn't afford to live. Far less risky to shoot poor young back men.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 07-17-2017 at 02:48 PM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

To me, these cases happen because these cops are scared and hyper before they even arrive at the scene.
    My brother is a Viet Vet who was a cop for 30 years. The only time he pulled his gun out of the holster was at the range.

He used to claim that the draft ( even though he enlisted in the USMC) introduced young men to folks from all over the spectrum. You got used to dealing with lfolks because you had to work together. He noticed quite a difference in those who entered the department in the early 90s.
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    To me, these cases happen because these cops are scared and hyper before they even arrive at the scene.
    My brother is a Viet Vet who was a cop for 30 years. The only time he pulled his gun out of the holster was at the range.

He used to claim that the draft ( even though he enlisted in the USMC) introduced young men to folks from all over the spectrum. You got used to dealing with lfolks because you had to work together. He noticed quite a difference in those who entered the department in the early 90s.
    good point

Sounds like an accident. Did this happen outside, sounds like it did. If you do call 911, best stay in your house till the cops sort it out. That's what I would do.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver's side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver's side door, sources said.
    http://www.startribune.com/minneapol...d/434975623/#1

Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver's side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver's side door, sources said.
    As a citizen of OZ she probably expected sensible reasonable behaviour from police officers, not to be shot by a trigger-happy nutter when talking to a police officer attending a 911.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

The Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed a 40-year-old woman in the alley behind her home Saturday night has been identified as Officer Mohamed Noor. Meanwhile, state investigators have confirmed that they did not find any weapons at the scene.

Noor, 31, joined the department in March 2015 as the first Somali police officer to patrol the 5th Precinct in southwest Minneapolis, according to a city newsletter. He holds a degree in Economics and Business Administration from Augsburg College. Before joining the department, he worked in property management in commercial and residential properties in Minneapolis and St. Louis, Mo.

During my last years in a state guard unit (about 2008), we had our sharper cadre being seconded to local police forces for sniper and heavy weapons training. It was part of a system wide militarization of local police to lay the ground work for confiscation of property from the middle class. At higher levels, the Deep State was dictating who would be selected as Police Chiefs in large urban centers. Israel was bringing USA Police leadership to train as an occupation force. http://blog.amnestyusa.org/middle-ea...olator-israel/ The big banks are without the assets to back the mortgage backed securities that were derviatized. Most of us were planning for a collapse of civil order. The FBI under Director James Comey was beginning to target student leaders for non judicial killing by sniper file https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ackdown-occupy Until the statists screwed up and ran Hillary as a candidate, the globalist plan to take down the middle class and make us non consumer serfs was going full speed http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...literated.html . In my debtor-creditor relations classes, the kids in the back row developed a useful saying: regardless of the law or facts, the creditor is always right. The banksters knew they were in danger of being tarred and feathered like Il Duce and his wife. They demanded Blue State leaders to give them police that would shoot first and ask questions later...
    Last edited by Landrith; 07-17-2017 at 05:12 PM.
    "Never get out of the boat." Apocalypse (Then)

And there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    The Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed a 40-year-old woman in the alley behind her home Saturday night has been identified as Officer Mohamed Noor. Meanwhile, state investigators have confirmed that they did not find any weapons at the scene.

Noor, 31, joined the department in March 2015 as the first Somali police officer to patrol the 5th Precinct in southwest Minneapolis, according to a city newsletter. He holds a degree in Economics and Business Administration from Augsburg College. Before joining the department, he worked in property management in commercial and residential properties in Minneapolis and St. Louis, Mo.
    immigrants... they get the job done

Solution: Take the guns away from all the cops and make then work unarmed like the London Police. Obviously, many of them have no clue how to handle lethal weapons. Many US Cops spend their whole careers never having used their firearms.

Why make this an immigrant thing?
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Year ago the was a local sheriff in North Carolina that new how to deal with trigger happy deputies.

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    Solution: Take the guns away from all the cops and make then work unarmed like the London Police. Obviously, many of them have no clue how to handle lethal weapons. Many US Cops spend their whole careers never having used their firearms.
    In the Summer before the troubles in the St. Louis suburb over the police shooting of Michael Brown occurred on August 9, 2014, in Ferguson, Missouri, I was staying at a hotel in downtown St. Louis, an old train station next to the sports stadium where all the city busses interchanged and urban youths would gather after Summer school classes. A riot broke out that shut down the attached shopping mall. I saw the St. Louis police deploy in light blue short sleeve dress shirts and white gloves and restore order, make a few arrests and take statements among hundreds of gathered kids all without pulling any weapons, not even night sticks. Just old fashioned police training and discipline.
    Last edited by Landrith; 07-17-2017 at 05:36 PM.
    "Never get out of the boat." Apocalypse (Then)

If Landrith's post #25 is half true you have lost the country already.

Institute a "Barney Fife" rule; any cop suspected by his or her superiors of inappropriate use of a firearm is given a choice between dismissal (or retirement), or serving out his or her career UNARMED. They might carry a weapon, but no bullets.

With a firearm; very little. I took a permit class and my teacher was a Police firearms trainer. Lucky if they get 8 hours a year. His contention was that they needed weekly micro training sessions and lots of stress training. In a few years, I'll be better trained than most cops. Sad but true.
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz

Quote Originally Posted by CK 17 View Post
    Sounds like an accident. Did this happen outside, sounds like it did. If you do call 911, best stay in your house till the cops sort it out. That's what I would do.
    Because we should just accept that it's okay for police to shoot first, ask questions later?
    "Please be more specific or we'll choose to order a cheaper bilge-rat to replace you."

~seanz