Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White House Panel Asks States For Publicly available Voter Data.

Default Re: White House Panel Asks States For Publicly available Voter Data.

In the history of this nation, never has a single Nazi, Imperial Japanese, Fascist, Communist, NVA, VC or terrorist of any of several factions ever been able to deny any American the most basic of democratic rights - the vote. That crime lies at the feet or republicans. One could make a case that we've been killing the wrong people in the defense of Democracy all these decades.
    "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice

Quote Originally Posted by genglandoh View Post
    Yes, because
    1. The voter registration rolls are a mess.
    People registering multiple times.
    People not being removed when the die or move out of the state.
    2. No voter ID required in many states.
    3. No checking to see if a voter who wants to vote on election day has not already voted via mail.
    4. No cross checking of voted from different states.
    If you accept that premise, I expect you to provide the evidence of the occurrence on which you base your acceptance.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Jeebus, Graham, not even NOISEY chimes in on this in agreement with you.

Really, just who do you think you're foolin?
    Frayed Knot Arts: Fancywork and Rope Jewelry
    http://www.frayedknotarts.com.html[

It must be tiresome, having that cold hand up yer bum.

If you welcome devils to your house, then you must feed themó Afghan proverb.

We all know that there is voter fraud.
    The only question is how large and wide spread is the problem.

I will make a prediction that as the commission finds voter fraud the Dems will start to admit the problem exists but argue that it is only a small problem.

Now many illegal votes are acceptable?

None, which is goddamned close to the number they will find.
    Your buddy said there were 5 million.
    Study Peace

We all know that there is voter fraud.
    The only question is how large and wide spread is the problem.
    We all know that it is neither large, nor widespread.... it's been STUDIED endlessly, fer chrissakes!

How many legitimate voters are you willing to disenfranchise, in order to prevent a single illegal vote?

100?

1,000?

10,000?
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    We all know that it is neither large, nor widespread.... it's been STUDIED endlessly, fer chrissakes!

How many legitimate voters are you willing to disenfranchise, in order to prevent a single illegal vote?

100?

1,000?

10,000?
    There have to be more than 5 million so Trump can win the popular vote.

Since we're making predictions for the Commission's work and findings, here are mine:
    1. The type of voter fraud alleged by Trump (2M-3M illegally cast ballots by people legally ineligible to vote) is infinitesimally small. I predict less than forty (40) actual documented cases will be found even of attempts of this kind of fraud, and that at best ten (10) will have actually resulted in fraudulent ballots being cast and counted.
    2. The presence of a type of voter fraud already acknowledged by many (registration of the same person in more than one state) will indeed be affirmed - IIRC, Bannon fits this category. Some states may amend information sharing practices with other states to reduce the incidence, while others will not - and as it's Constitutionally a state power, the feds will be told to pound sand. A retrospective analysis will find that less than 40 individuals actually voted in more than one state in the 2016 Presidential Election, most of whom are already under legal investigation or prosecution.
    3. Electoral rolls will, as expected, be found to include the names of many people who have died. An analysis will show that fewer than 40 attempts were made to have votes cast in the names of these deceased people, and most of those who did so attempt are already under legal investigation or prosecution.
    4. Inquiry into the types of electoral fraud already proven to occur in court rulings (e.g. voter suppression), or otherwise already established through decades of academic study (e.g. various forms of gerrymandering) will not be pursued by the Commission at all.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Were I a governor I tell him it's publically available, get it your EFFING self.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Most states are giving the data to the WH panel.

Title: States bristled but at least 30 will give personal voter data to Trump
    Despite criticism from most states about the Trump administrationís request for votersí personal information, half have said they will deliver some or all of that data to the White House election commission.
    And that number could grow, President Donald Trump said on Wednesday, with more than 30 states turning over some information, including names, addresses and birth dates, to the group being run by Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach.
    Link: http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article162544503.html