Thread: C-list Providence--no affiliation

Default C-list Providence--no affiliation

https://providence.craigslist.org/boa/6214215745.html

Friend of mine might be interested, comments welcome

Default Re: C-list Providence--no affiliation

I didn't look closely enough to compare the condition to the price. The ad copy implies that English is a second language for the seller or screams scam. I'd encourage lots of caution on your friend's part until they can sort that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley Baggins View Post
    I didn't look closely enough to compare the condition to the price. The ad copy implies that English is a second language for the seller or screams scam. I'd encourage lots of caution on your friend's part until they can sort that out.
    He heard back from the seller's friend. Seller is French, in France, boat is one it's way back up north from Annapolis.

There are maybe a dozen Concordia yawls now listed on Yachtworld. The lowest price is $80K.
    I'd be very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by JimConlin View Post
    There are maybe a dozen Concordia yawls now listed on Yachtworld. The lowest price is $80K.
    I'd be very careful.
    Yup.
    I would be sure he had it surveyed by a boat builder known to both of us, James Kerr, in RI. Or a highly recommended wooden boat surveyor.

Well, she's eligible for Social Security. Some frames sistered and under the engine cleaned out. Likely refastened at least once. "Fair" condition is not the cosmetics so one assumes there's a reason for the low price. Thing is, that reason could be realism because the last $80,000 Concordia I saw a few years ago sold for around $20,000. So take a cautious look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Well, she's eligible for Social Security. Some frames sistered and under the engine cleaned out. Likely refastened at least once. "Fair" condition is not the cosmetics so one assumes there's a reason for the low price. Thing is, that reason could be realism because the last $80,000 Concordia I saw a few years ago sold for around $20,000. So take a cautious look.
    Right. Best case scenario, the owner's not running away from it, he's just cutting to the chase so to speak. Might just be the sensible thing for him to do, if he lives in France.

Quote Originally Posted by earling2 View Post
    He heard back from the seller's friend. Seller is French, in France, boat is one it's way back up north from Annapolis.
    If that proves to be settled, best of luck to your friend. They're beautiful boats from any angle and are reputed to be good sailers. I've neither sailed on or against, but there are the former and almost certainly the latter on the forum. Hopefully they will contribute to the discussion.