Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does Multiple threads on the same News story tell us?

Default What does Multiple threads on the same News story tell us?

I have been away for a few weeks and I was reviewing the threads.
    All of these threads where stared by the same person on the same subject.

1. 07-10-2017 08:57 AM
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...ging-his-story
    2. 07-11-2017 11:42 AM
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...he-smoking-gun
    3. 07-11-2017 01:19 PM
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...s-be-announced
    4. 07-11-2017 01:19 PM
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...ote-of-the-Day
    5. 07-11-2017 02:00 PM
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...mp-Jr-is-Fredo

It tells me that someone is a little desperate.

Default Re: What does Multiple threads on the same new story tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by genglandoh View Post
    I have been away for a few weeks
    yeah, it was nice
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Tells me that some stories have such a series of unique new developments so quickly that people want to indicate the major news breaks individually.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

That which you ignore, doesn't simply go away, does it?

Considering the number of posts added to those threads, I'd say that the topic is of VERY broad interest....

...or would you prefer to ignore it?
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

I think geng is right in this score. The main question is: Why is every American who values a decent future not desperate? Not quiet desperation either. There needs to be barricades placed in front of almost all of the crap coming out of Trump and his minions. If it takes desperation by some to wake up the rest, then desperation it should be. Otherwise government from behind closed doors will have the shackles on before anyone notices.

The picture of Trump and the faithful praying in the oval office with many hands laid on the dear leader's back should be an omen for any who want a free and open government that follows the Constitution. Kneeling with out stretched hands originated from slavery in biblical times when the slave submitted to shackles placed by the master. Now it is submission to shackles placed on the mind.
    Tom L

Tells me that another person who cares about our country is disgusted, amazed & embarrassed by the current administration.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Originally Posted by genglandoh

Oh the Irony.
    Physician heal thy self.
    ROTFLMAO
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    Oh the Irony.
    Physician heal thy self.
    ROTFLMAO
    I gotta agree with you this time..........
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lathrop View Post
    The main question is: Why is every American who values a decent future not desperate?
    Possibly because they have some faith in the self-correcting nature of our political system. A Bush Jr. Gives way to an Obama... A Bush Sr. gives way to a Clinton... and so on.

It is extraordinarily difficult to believe that, considering what has gone on since Trump took office, that there WON'T be a backlash which helps the ship of state self-correct. When you've got hard-core Republican legislators beginning to jump ship, you know the trend is beginning to be reversed.

I don't know how it ends. At the moment, the fact that the Trump admin can do NOTHING legislatively, despite owning both houses of Congress, is actually pretty encouraging. The constant flood of information about the behavior of the Trump clan and his minions doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon... but eventually, more and more people will come to believe that it will soon be time to restore some semblance of ethics, morals, and integrity to Washington.

There is probably NO amount of corruption that will sway most of Trump's political base... the good news is that Trump's base isn't sufficient to sustain him, if the rest of the electorate get so outraged, that they begin to vote in appropriate numbers. We might not take back the House or Senate in 2018, but for sure, it's not going to get any better for Donald J. Trump.
    "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."
    --- Charles Pierce

I think geng is right in this score. The main question is: Why is every American who values a decent future not desperate? Not quiet desperation either. There needs to be barricades placed in front of almost all of the crap coming out of Trump and his minions. If it takes desperation by some to wake up the rest, then desperation it should be. Otherwise government from behind closed doors will have the shackles on before anyone notices.

The picture of Trump and the faithful praying in the oval office with many hands laid on the dear leader's back should be an omen for any who want a free and open government that follows the Constitution. Kneeling with out stretched hands originated from slavery in biblical times when the slave submitted to shackles placed by the master. Now it is submission to shackles placed on the mind.
    Good Morning buddy. My expert analysis has concluded that anyone talking politics on this boat forum for eight years under Bush and eight years under Obama did not make the United States better. This surely did not improve anyone’s life here, while wasting a ton of limited days on this planet that a person cannot get back. Worse yet, look at all of the loss hours of either boat building or loss hours on the water in the process.
    WBF=DNC

I don't agree that someone is desperate, but I do agree that posting new threads on the same subject is, well, silly. Take a note from the Oz crowd and start a thread about your country's politics and throw all that stuff in there.

But it won't happen.

American exceptionalism...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    American exceptionalism...
    we're bigger than oz

Quote Originally Posted by erster View Post
    Good Morning buddy. My expert analysis has concluded that anyone talking politics on this boat forum for eight years under Bush and eight years under Obama did not make the United States better. This surely did not improve anyone’s life here, while wasting a ton of limited days on this planet that a person cannot get back. Worse yet, look at all of the loss hours of either boat building or loss hours on the water in the process.
    I'm crestfallen.. .and heartbroken... to realize that someone thinks that my interest in politics has resulted in a wasted life.

Where can I find a glass full of hemlock? Clearly, there's nothing left in life, for me....
    --- Charles Pierce

I dare you, name a Trump corruption. You can't. If there was such, Schumer would have beat you to it with a camera and microphone.
    Last edited by mdh; 07-13-2017 at 07:48 AM.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. John Fn Kennedy. (D)

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    I'm crestfallen.. .and heartbroken... to realize that someone thinks that my interest in politics has resulted in a wasted life.

Where can I find a glass full of hemlock? Clearly, there's nothing left in life, for me....
    During all of your backslappings with the like minds on politics, your positions have not changed. They have only been hardened up. Your typing appears to have not increased your party's numbers on the political stage either. And last, since this is a boat forum, little boating content has been added. So again what do you have to show for all of the handwringing, or pecking politics on the keyboard? ;<}
    WBF=DNC

During all of your backslappings with the like minds on politics, your positions have not changed. They have only been hardened up. Your typing appears to have not increased your party's numbers on the political stage either. And last, since this is a boat forum, little boating content has been added. So again what do you have to show for all of the handwringing, or pecking politics on the keyboard? ;<}
    How does disparaging the contributions that those of us have made to political discussions enhanced YOUR life?

Is it all that pleasing... does it make you feel good... to be judgmental?

Do you feel better about yourself when you run down others for interests that YOU don't share?

Talk about wasting words....
    --- Charles Pierce

WBF=DNC
    Still happy with yourself for voting for Trump?

" the same new story"

Same....new

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    I dare you, name a Trump corruption. You can't. If there was such, Schumer would have beat you to it with a camera and microphone.
    Oh, I can. It's kinda hard to choose, actually.

What I can't do is name something which you will acknowledge as a Trump corruption. Though I could easily sneak something in by substituting the word "Clinton" or "Obama" in first, and correcting my "typo" after you'd dropped a ton of righteous bricks.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    " the same new story"

Same....new
    Sorry a Typo it should be News story.
    I corrected it in the title.

Hi erster,

luckily for me I limit my time on the forum to a few minutes each morning so the angst that usually accompanies reading some of it is not too debilitating. Boatbuilding is currently more limited by physical restraints than mental ones. My fleet is being reduced by three this year as two sailboats and one powerboat are moving on to new owners. Then there is the possibility that our 28 year old HVAC system may expire. Now, that would be cause for real concern.
    Tom L

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    yeah, it was nice
    Schnerking in my office

What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    we're bigger than oz
    But ya didn't build Spitfires! HA!
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    That which you ignore, doesn't simply go away, does it?

Considering the number of posts added to those threads, I'd say that the topic is of VERY broad interest....

...or would you prefer to ignore it?
    You started 5 threads in 2 days on the same subject.
    4 in one day and 2 at the same time.

Only 1 thread has gotten a lot of interest with posts and people viewing it.
    So the topic is on interest to the forum.
    I am just pointing out that you could have just started 1 thread no need to start 5.

Hi erster,

luckily for me I limit my time on the forum to a few minutes each morning so the angst that usually accompanies reading some of it is not too debilitating. Boatbuilding is currently more limited by physical restraints than mental ones. My fleet is being reduced by three this year as two sailboats and one powerboat are moving on to new owners. Then there is the possibility that our 28 year old HVAC system may expire. Now, that would be cause for real concern.
    You and I have some similar problems, save one thing. I have not run out of wood yet, and getting rid of it while being in the rough is not as attractive as your fleet. Currently my concern is to get the new hull in the water while the weather is still warm for our expected ride at break neck speeds. hehe.
    WBF=DNC

Default Re: What does Multiple threads on the same News story tell us?

There are a lot of one-trick ponies posting and posting and posting in the Bilge...

+1000

The respective choirs can't hear the fact-oids for the noise-oids.
    Frayed Knot Arts: Fancywork and Rope Jewelry
    http://www.frayedknotarts.com.html[

There are a lot of one-trick ponies posting and posting and posting in the Bilge...
    Sorry.

Peace,
    Robert

No, Rob; you are exempt. You post on multiple topics, and even start threads on different subjects. Sorry, buddy, but you are not one of that clique...

This thread tells me that Norman's efforts to drive you further over the edge are succeeding.
    "The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”
    -Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

No, Rob; you are exempt. You post on multiple topics, and even start threads on different subjects. Sorry, buddy, but you are not one of that clique...
    Oh, a challenge, eh? Harhar.

I was going to answer the OP by saying it's obvious someone hates Doodles. Why else flood the Bilge? Hehehe.

By the by. Thanks. I do try to share a variety of oddments I find interesting. I, for one, don't mind all the political back and forth, as long as it remains civil. Shoot, a body can learn something, if they ain't careful.

I just think of this place like the diner or the barbershop. Gosh, I just don't want to be the old cuss dragging out the same old dead horse every morning. Although, they have their place at the counter, too.

Peace,
    Multi-Trick Pony

For the record:

Yes, I start a lot of political threads. Since some of those threads get a lot of posts, I can only presume that lots of others find them interesting... but it doesn't matter to me whether anyone else contributes to the threads, or not... I'm not doing this for the sake of receiving any kind of validation.

No, it's not true that I only post political threads. I DO post threads on other topics. Most of them don't get much attention.. but some do.

And finally, people who complain about other people posting threads clearly have a problem with insecurity.... or, as I mentioned elsewhere, disparaging other people evidently makes them feel good about themselves.

Which is pretty sick.
    --- Charles Pierce

post 30 ^ +1
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --

I'd be willing to bet... you're incorrect. Sure... it had no direct effect. But if direct effect is all you are looking for... I'd call that short-sighted.

One small example: all the discussion here gave me perspective and ammunition with which to write more effective letters and emails to my elected representatives.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I hear Jared keeps updating his foreign contacts list in order for his security clearance to be valid, apparently he forgot, multiple times.
    Last edited by LeeG; 07-13-2017 at 10:21 AM.