Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 78

Thread: If you have photos on Photobucket

Default Re: If you have photos on Photobucket

This picture from an album that says public in the archive.
    I will need to figure out the only you versus the Public mention.

interesting, but I was able to make 'only you' become 'limited' by in Google photos, click share, then click Google+ icon, then cancel.

And in Google+, that album says 'Public'.
    Last edited by sdowney717; 07-17-2017 at 11:46 AM.

I used Google Photos.
    I had the forum Reply open and also the photo in Google photos. Both pages were on the screen at the same time.
    I simply clicked on the photo and moved it over to the place in the reply text.

I see it fine. Using Google Chrome.
    Do you see my pics in #245 and #246?

Hi sdowney, #245 no, #246 yes

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post
    Hi sdowney, #245 no, #246 yes
    That is good to know, as #245 is private, not public and #246 is public and shared.
    So one clue, the photos must be public, and one way is to post them to your Google+ account.
    I will try and post the compass photo to google+ and repost here to see if it appears.
    To post to ggole+, just click share icon, select google+ icon.

ok here it is, without ?.jpg added

here it is with ?.jpg added
    Last edited by sdowney717; 07-17-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Here it is from google album archive, the image now says it is public. So curious if in post #245 is now showing?
    7/17/17
    Archived • Jul 17, 2017 • Public

Interesting - I can not see any of the photo’s from 242 through to 252
    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

I keep my photos in "Shutterfly" it is a free service. They also offer a lot of album services that they charge for. Recently they changed their format from medium to huge which, is why my pictures are now very large.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Greer View Post
    I keep my photos in "Shutterfly" it is a free service. They also offer a lot of album services that they charge for. Recently they changed their format from medium to huge which, is why my pictures are now very large.
    Jay
    My wife has a shutterfly account, uses it a lot. I see you pictures fine. How much storage do they give you for free?

I was also thinking, if you used onedrive with 5gb free, and ran out of space, can't you sign up with a new user name and get another free 5gb of space?

I can't see any of the photo's on this page.

I can see #246 and #252 - none of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by sproggy View Post
    I can see #246 and #252 - none of the others.
    I have been talking to tapatalk about making it work with google photos.
    And if wooden boat updates the tapatalk plugin, it will work we could use Tapatalk to post google photos here and everyone would see them. You would use your phone to post the pictures, not a PC.
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapa...185308#p185308

And was reading there is a way to link multiple onedrive accounts, so we could get past the 5gb limit.
    http://windowsreport.com/two-onedrive-accounts/
    One drive works well, but a 1000 pictures is all you can put there for free.

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere, but i found this google chrome plugin https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d.../related?hl=en which will show photobucket photos on forums like this one when they have been blocked. It's probably a temporary workaround, and only works for the viewer, but it's useful when browsing older build threads that haven't been updated with a new photo host.

Default Flickr agrees to be acquired by SmugMug - what this means for you.

FYI, when the PB plan changed to Internet extortion, I switched to Flickr.

An E-Mail notification was received today stating that Flickr was sold to Smug Mug.

Here are the Smug Mug terms. Nothing jumps out as horrible to end user forum usage in this legal gumbo soup.

Here is the notification letter:

We’re excited to announce that Flickr has agreed to be acquired by SmugMug, the photography platform dedicated to visual storytellers.
    SmugMug has a long history of empowering people who love photography and who want to improve their craft, making them a perfect fit for Flickr and our creative community. With SmugMug, we’ll continue to focus on you, the Flickr members who inspire us all with your work.

Nothing will change immediately with regard to your Flickr account. You will still access Flickr with your current login credentials and you will have the same Flickr experience as you do now. We will continue to work to make your Flickr experience even better.

We think you are going to love Flickr under SmugMug ownership, but you can choose to not have your Flickr account and data transferred to SmugMug until May 25, 2018. If you want to keep your Flickr account and data from being transferred, you must go to your Flickr account to download the photos and videos you want to keep, then delete your account from your Account Settings by May 25, 2018.

If you do not delete your account by May 25, 2018, your Flickr account and data will transfer to SmugMug and will be governed by SmugMug’s Terms and Privacy Policy.

Read more detailed FAQs about this transition on the Flickr Blog.

We’re happy that Flickr is your home for photography and we look forward to the next chapter in our adventure together as we join the SmugMug family.

Thanks,
    The Flickr Team

Oh, the switch comes w/ a charge, starting at $3.99/month (billed annually) or $5.99/month (billed monthly).
    2000 SeaRay 380 Sundancer
    Mercruiser 454 MAG MPI Horizon 380hp
    Westerbeke 7.0KW BCGB
    many cool mods

1994 Edey & Duff Columbia 11' Rowing / Sailing Dinghy

I just closed both PB F accounts last night. The techies ruined both of them.

I'm going to say that I think this merger is a good thing. And so is the service charge. If you are getting something for free you have to assume that it could go away at any time. I'd much rather pay a little for a service to make sure that it stays in business. (Disclaimer, I've had a paid flickr pro account for a couple of years now).

Oh, the switch comes w/ a charge, starting at $3.99/month (billed annually) or $5.99/month (billed monthly).
    Flickr claims its free accounts will remain free:

Will Flickr continue to offer a free version? Will Flickr’s price change?

Absolutely. Flickr’s free accounts are foundational to its community of influential and engaged photographers. We are not making any changes to Flickr plans or rates at this time. We’ll let Flickr Pro customers know if that changes.
    https://www.smugmug.com/together/faq

Alex

I've been with Smugmug for a couple of years now. They'll look after Flickr, unlike the mongrels at Photobucket. Smugmug is a family-owned business.

I'm waiting to see if P'bucket refund the automatic credit card deduction that went to them about a week ago. It's for about $30.... They'd reduced their initial $500 demand to $100, but I still had no intention of paying that. My PB photos (10,000+ of them) are still up.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Does this help anybody? It is a hotlink fix for Chrome :

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bifiaedg?hl=en
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.