Thread: Fathers Day

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Default Re: Fathers Day

Oh my Dad looked like Richard Widmark

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Wow. I was one of the lucky ones.
    What he said!

Dad came to this country to live in the land of the free after surviving WWII as Danish Infantry. Met my Mom in Redmond, went back to Denmark, and got married. When Mom got pregnant, he sent her back to the US to ensure me being born to my American Mom on American soil and followed her via Canada. He was there when I was born and stayed there for the rest of my life. Biggest day was when he became a naturalized American.

He is the King of Rube Goldberg Repairs, but they always worked. He showed me that I could do just as well without new, expensive, solutions. Thanks Dad!

Last night my sister texted, high temps and unresponsive, sent to the hospital. This morning the word is a UTI, now full of antibiotics and very uncomfortable. Another battle for the strongest guy in the world. Lets go Dad!

Thanks Bob for the opportunity to share! Timely item!
    Please don't dominate the rap Jack, if you've got nothing new to say.

Robert Hunter

Frankly, I think more about certain friend's parents on these greeting card days.
    Both of mine were rather aloof. Mother was devoted to the church, father was devoted to his metallurgy lab and research.
    As a father, I was lucky to marry the woman I did. As the daughter of two alcoholics, she knew exactly what not to do as a parent, and devoted her days to being the parent she wished she had. I just followed her footsteps.
    Two great kids, who married great kids, and supplied us with wonderful grand kids.
    What a long strange trip it's been.
    “What, Me Worry?". -. A. E. Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    Frankly, I think more about certain friend's parents on these greeting card days.
    Both of mine were rather aloof. Mother was devoted to the church, father was devoted to his metallurgy lab and research.
    As a father, I was lucky to marry the woman I did. As the daughter of two alcoholics, she knew exactly what not to do as a parent, and devoted her days to being the parent she wished she had. I just followed her footsteps.
    Two great kids, who married great kids, and supplied us with wonderful grand kids.
    A long strange trip it's been for sure...
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

A group of us were sitting around a pool on holiday.

The conversation eventually led to "doing something like this if one won the lottery topic", or being wealthy.

The chap next to me suddenly asked me " did I wish I had been born wealthy?"

I immediately answered "No that would mean I would have had to change my Father"

I miss you Dad, but somehow I think you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    It certainly is Jim.

I got cards from my Kids, Grandkids, and my first Great Grandson.

I'm looking forward to regaling him with stories about his Great/Great Grandad.