Thread: Gullmarskryssare 1966

Default Gullmarskryssare 1966

Hi all - I`m newbie here, so short intro :-) I had bought a few years ago a wooden sailboat "Gullmarskryssare" built in 1966 in Dregsmark, Sweden. I had found there were only 16 sailboats of this type made but unfortunately I dunno which one is mine ;-) I am still digging the boat`s history....
    I renovate it actually (or to be honest during last 3 years) so I would like to have it near the same old-fashioned look as it (probably) had :-) Here are the pictures I made/I make through the whole process: http://gullmars.rajce.idnes.cz

My intention for the near future is to finish the new wooden deck and to repair approx. 1/3 of the cabin`s top (using fibreglass as it is actually used) so the boat could be put into the water. It is needed due to the fact the 3 years of standing out of the water are not so good for the wooden hull itself :-(

I hope I finish everything till the season 2018 and my Ätrajungfrun (yes - I left the previous boat`s name) will become a part of the others oldtimers here in Czech republic :-)

Even I had learned a lot of things I am sure there is another batch of things and skills I have to learn at least a bit :-D

If there is anybody who might help me in finding anothe Gullmarskryssare owner it would be nice :-) any other comment/idea related to wooden boat restoration (deck, hull, glues, notices etc.) is nice. If I have any concrete question (and will not find the answer inside the forum), I will ask here :-)

Kind regards, Pavel

Default Re: Gullmarskryssare 1966

Hi Pavel.
    I don´t know anything about Gullmarskryssaren but I found what I think is a swedish owner.
    http://www.veteranbaten.se/veteranba...-2017-anmaelda
    His name is Rolf Zeitlin and his mobile number is +46 70 253 90 33. Zeitlin is not a common name i Sweden so I think he is the right man.
    Address: Kummelvägen 10, 13239 SALTSJÖ-BOO, Sweden
    https://personer.eniro.se/p/rolf+zeitlin/41817564

And here some finnish owners
    http://www.trabatsakuten.nu/batbilde...gelbat_064.htm

Good luck!

Hi and thanx! I had already found Rolf but actually no response from him (I asked Sail Yacht Society, Rolf should be the member). So I try to send SMS and will see :-)

Pasi I know too and we had discussed a few things already but he is not Gullmars owner anymore - his sailboat came to Leo Norja. Niklas Andersson is another Gullmars owner and Knut G. Krabbe is the last one I had found :-) If Rolf responds me it would be nice.

Regards, Pavel

A bit of progress - deck`s border and all windows & frames back :-)

P.

And finally!! :-) installing new wooden planks (lathes) :-) fitting with D4 glue and staninless steel screws.

Red face Re: Gullmarskryssare 1966

A bit progress :-)

P.

Colouring, sanding and preparing for finishing by clear lacquer and oil (flax or teak).

WoodenBoat_forum_deck_coloring_etc1.jpg

WoodenBoat_forum_deck_coloring_etc2.jpg

Looks beautiful!

Thnx. I wish I have more time but I like to do it as perfect as I know :-) at least comparing to the previous look (i.e. without teak planks and after a couple of years without any basic care I think) it is much more better. I was really surprised of the color of sanded planks - it changed from the darker brown to the light brown, near teak look :-) it will be darker after applying the oil I am sure but maybe not as much dark as this raw-unsanded-surface. I am very curious about the final result.

P.

First coat of lacquer :-)
    WoodenBoat_forum_deck_coloring_etc3.jpg